Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

jred

Aug 24, 2005, 11:10 PM
Post #26 of 36 (2906 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climb 3 grades harder? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
YEA! Get some for the pad people. He uses a pad. Like his sister. :lol: :lol: :lol: .... Do you bleed once a month too. Hueco Tanks. Is that in texas. Thanks i didn't know that.

Bouldering is for lame asses who are to LAZY to rope up. And SPORT CLIMBING IS NEITHER!
Wow, what a brilliantly clever statement, I have never heard that one, did you just think that up?

justlikethat

Aug 24, 2005, 11:22 PM
Post #27 of 36 (2906 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well until now i had never read an infomercial before.
and that looks like a load of shyte, just like any other infomercial.
"lose 20 kilos in a week!!! improve your brainpower 200%!!! climb 6 grades harder in a day!!!!"
not having read the book, i spose i can't really criticise it, but the ad certainly doesn't sell it to me

goclimbarock514

Aug 24, 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #28 of 36 (2906 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

so, "sentinal", you say that all us fat lazy americans can't acomplish anything in the climbing world. well this may be true but, oh wait I just remembered Cris Sharma is american and wait I think he might have done a 5.15.

jred

Aug 24, 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #29 of 36 (2906 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
so, "sentinal", you say that all us fat lazy americans can't acomplish anything in the climbing world. well this may be true but, oh wait I just remembered Cris Sharma is american and wait I think he might have done a 5.15.
Chris Sharma is by no means America's top climber. Sharma's alleged 5.15 was a short send for an unknown French guy, the grade has yet to be confirmed. Now, maybe if you used Tommy Caldwell or David Graham.

lewisiarediviva

Aug 25, 2005, 12:13 AM
Post #30 of 36 (2906 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
YEA! Get some for the pad people. He uses a pad. Like his sister. :lol: :lol: :lol: .... Do you bleed once a month too. !

You must be to lazy to bleed at all. Once a month, hmph. You obviously use a crash pad to prevent bleeding.

bandidopeco

Aug 25, 2005, 12:26 AM
Post #31 of 36 (2906 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Has anyone bothered actually reading some of this? When he says that you can improve 3 grades he's talking about mid-range climbers who pull in the 5.9 to 5.10d range. He points out that since most climbers end up in this range, and reletively few progress out of it, that a change in their training regime will lead to a 3 grade increase in skill.

That seems perfectly reasonable to me, although i don't think i'll be buying the book anytime soon (I already have "Performance Rock Climbing", "Flash Training" (by the way is the new Horst book much better?), and "The Rock Warrior's Way")

deadpointman

Aug 25, 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #32 of 36 (2906 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, it's nice to see that everyone's decided to take the high road on this one. :roll:

I've read the whole add for said book and am not extremely impressed. From what I remember, part of the key to climbing three grades (letter!) harder is learning how to choose routes that fit your style perfectly. Sounds like an uber-lame number-chasing strategy to me. Hmph. In fairness, I think there is more to it than that. There's supposed to be a bunch of other info, presumably on how to actually GET better, as opposed to just APPEARING better. Overall, this book might be good or it might suck. Since I haven't read it, I'm not going to even pretend to know whether it's good or not.

kachoong

Aug 25, 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #33 of 36 (2906 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

....there sure is a lot of blather on this thread.... ahhh, the Canadian American rivalry.... such a love hate thing....

Anyhoo, I agree with what
In reply to:
That seems perfectly reasonable to me, although i don't think i'll be buying the book anytime soon
I've managed to increase my trad onsight by three YDS letter grades just by changing my eating habits and starting to swim a little.... my head game has become more solid in the meantime too....

I think you need the right frame of mind, a bit of determination, eat right, hydrate enough and just climb, occasionally pushing your limit both on toprope and on lead.... no books about it.... enjoy yourself....

jamescuth

Aug 25, 2005, 7:58 PM
Post #34 of 36 (2906 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
but your on our continent.

ooooh those venezualeans might not like that....

cchildre

Aug 26, 2005, 3:34 PM
Post #35 of 36 (2906 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
but your on our continent.

ooooh those venezualeans might not like that....

I hope this isn't viewed as the US thinking this is their continent, I intended this to mean that we all share the continent. I mean really it was the Indians who were here first, before the white mans successful genocide crushed them and their culture, that is.

sidepull

Aug 26, 2005, 6:07 PM
Post #36 of 36 (2906 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

just an observation: I just checked my posts today and noticed that this one had quite a bit of traffic so I thought to myself, "self, there must be something interesting in the book to illicit this reaction." Now that I've read the three pages I wish I had never posted, but I guess that would be my reaction from now on if I see sentinel's name in a post -- worthless.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook