RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

frankfurter

Aug 30, 2005, 7:22 AM
Post #1 of 1 (1534 views)
Shortcut

Otay Lakes So Cal
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

(Let me start off by saying that yes, Otay is a small climbing area that many people do not care for but never the less it is an area for some of us to enjoy a good days worth of climbing.)
The other day I went to Otay for some climbing and right when I got to the crag there was a sign that said, "climbing prohibited-violaters will be cited."
I called the park information and spoke with a maintenance guy who helped clear some things up. Three days ago someone pulled the signs out of the ground and threw them into the brush. The maintenance guy(sorry for lack of a better term) had to put new signs in and said he was rather upset about this and did not appreciate it in the slightest. The only reason they put the signs up is to cover their own asses. The vandalism that happened to those signs made a bad impression and makes us as a whole look rather immature. He told me in a very inderect way that as long as we do not cause problems and give them an excuse to strictly reinforce the new rule then we should have no problems. If they do ask you to leave then do so without causing a sceen and giving our community a bad name.

Thank you,
Frank

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook