Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Indoor Gyms:
The Cliffs grand opening PARTY (Westchester, NY)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

westchesterclimbing

Sep 21, 2005, 3:28 AM
Post #1 of 2 (2354 views)
Shortcut

The Cliffs grand opening PARTY (Westchester, NY)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I wanted to extend an open invitation to The Cliffs at Valhalla Grand Opening Celebration.

And it’s going to be HUGE… We’ve got games and events going on all weekend; a BBQ and tons of free gear giveaways (clothes, magazines, backpacks, shoes, etc.). There’s even a 5.10 shoe demo.

The main event is Sat night starting at 7:30 PM. The Urban Climber After Party features an ETCH dyno comp, a climbing apparel fashion show (www.khadejha.com), live music by Paperboy Jack (www.paperboyjack.com) and a RedBull sponsored open bar (after the climbing).

And the best part is that it’s all free! So save the date (and bring friends).

You can find more information and directions at www.TheCliffsClimbing.com

From Mike Wolfert and The Cliffs' family
1 Commerce Park
Valhalla, NY 10595 (38 minutes north of Manhattan via MetroNorth)
877-914-ROCK

reach_volunteer

Oct 13, 2005, 8:30 PM
Post #2 of 2 (2354 views)
Shortcut

Re: The Cliffs grand opening PARTY (Westchester, NY) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My friend Zack and I are starting up a volunteer climbing program called "Reach!" to give underprivileged children an opportunity to get exercise, build self-esteem and teamwork, and to learn a new skill.

We are using the newly opened rock gym in Valhalla (Westchester), The Cliffs, as a base for operations. We're also contacting nearby children's centers, youth bureaus, and rec. centers for 'clients'.

Zack and I are both experienced climbers, and need at least one more volunteer to make this project work. However, the more volunteers, the better.

To start off, we'll be working Tuesday - Friday, from 2 - 10 PM.

Remember: you are not necessarily required to stay the whole time, but it would certainly be helpful.

We're looking to make this a long-term thing, and any help available right now is greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions, or are at all interested, please send us an email at Reach.Volunteer@gmail.com

Or give us a call:

_Steve's Cell: (914) 373-8472

_Steve's Home*: (914) 762-5842

_Zack's Home*: (914) 762-8311

_Walkabout (Our School)**: (914) 248-3612

*(If you're going to call a home number, please call between 4 - 11 PM on weekdays, and anytime on weekends.)

**(From 8AM-3PM, ask for either Steve Monroe, or Zack Braunstein)

Thanks!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook