RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Used Gear / Great Deals

Premier Sponsor:

shervo

Jul 29, 2002, 11:26 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Boreal Pyros
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I need to now your comments about the boreal pyros, because i want to buy then

sligoblues

Aug 2, 2002, 6:13 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Boreal Pyros [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

They're pretty nice. I've got mine broken in now, and I like them but...
The heel and arch have a bit too much room. Partially the shape of my foot is at fault. I couldn't buy them any smaller because I couldn't get them on. But the toe box fits nice and they're really sensitive, even as new as they are. One other concern that I noticed this week, I think they might be showing very early stages of delaminating. If it gets any worse, I'll send them right back because they're way too new for that.
All in all, the Zen's may have been just as good of a choice, but I'm pretty happy with them.

kaosz

Aug 2, 2002, 6:49 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Boreal Pyros [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I bought the Pyros a couple of months ago from www.sportextreme.com. I was a bit skeptical because I bought them online without trying them on. I just followed the fit chart for boreal. When they arrived they fit very tight, and I couldn't even use the velcro to tighten them without pain. I was only able to wear them for an hour or so the first couple of times I climbed in them. But after climbing on them for the last three months or so, they have streached to fit my foot perfectly. They are very sensitive, and they hook and smear really well. Now I am a Boreal Convert. Very comfortable especially in the toe. I haven't had problems with the arch or hooking. You can use the velcro to suck the shoe right to your foot, especially in the arch. By far the best shoes that I own, and I am considering buying another pair just to have around. To Notes: The rubber does look like its delaminating, But even after bouldering hard with them outdoors three times a week for three months it did not delaminate at all. I think it is just how it looks at the edge but it is really well attached. WARNING: There are tabs on the front neoprene tongue. Do not use these to help get the shoe on. The neoprene will start to tear away from the leather outershoe. Just use the pull tabs on the back, and then use the one on the Neoprene to smooth out the tongue. The tear doesn't affect performance at all but if you are careful it won't happen anyway. Good luck.

Forums : Archive : Used Gear / Great Deals

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook