RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

darkstar

Sep 27, 2005, 11:43 AM
Post #1 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

What Would You Do 2 weeks in spain
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ive got 2 weeks in spain coming up flying into barcelona ... i want to climb at mont sant and mountgrony .. but there are so many options where would you prople climb at i love tufas .... nothing harder than 8a .... dark

Partner heiko

Sep 27, 2005, 1:25 PM
Post #2 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Re: What Would You Do [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
ive got 2 weeks in spain coming up flying into barcelona ... i want to climb at mont sant and mountgrony .. but there are so many options where would you prople climb at i love tufas .... nothing harder than 8a .... dark

first of all I would change the name of the topic to something that involves the word "Spain" - so that somebody in Spain will actually read it.
;-)
Then I would try to pm fugaz... he's from there and can probably give you hints.

Have a good time!

H.

darkstar

Sep 27, 2005, 1:40 PM
Post #3 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Re: What Would You Do 2 weeks in spain [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thanx good idea changed ... my perfect plan would be mountgrony then mont sant or ? then rodeller ... maybe to much driving however ...and i know nothing of mount grony other than it has tufas ..... dark

timl

Sep 27, 2005, 1:48 PM
Post #4 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Montserrat is very nice and is just an hour away from Barcelona and has world class conglomerate. What are you looking to climb? trad, sport, long routes.....

Cetainly with two weeks I would pick one or two destinations. Otherwise, youīll be doing a lot of driving, and fuel is not cheap here.

Try Libreria Desnivel for guidebooks. They have a lot of books and can mail them to you.

jtoz

Sep 27, 2005, 2:06 PM
Post #5 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Montgrony is good and could probably consume two weeks of climbing. There is a refugio down the road owned by a guy named Toti (i think) who is a climber/route developer and very friendly. You will need a car however to get between the crags and the refugio. I would also say a trip to Rodellar is definitely worth it. Just make the drive on a rest day. You probably won't want to leave once you get there. For tufas I would stay with either Montgrony or Rodellar. Mont Sant is ok, but not as good in my opinion. Have fun.

Partner booger

Sep 27, 2005, 2:22 PM
Post #6 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If those two weeks happen to be the first two weeks of November, Paolo75 and I are driving cross-country from Barcelona to Malaga and back, climbing - everywhere 8^) We'll have two full racks and plenty of vino.

We're happy to bring you along, if you'd like.

screamer

Sep 27, 2005, 2:22 PM
Post #7 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey darkstar when are you going? I'll be in Rodellar starting Oct 15th and staying at least 2 weeks maybe 3. The last week is up in the air for either staying in Rodellar or going to Montgrony/Siurana/Montsant/Tarn...

darkstar

Sep 27, 2005, 2:47 PM
Post #8 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well ill be in barcelona on oct 14th .... ill check weather and if things looks good it sounds like mountgrony is the ticket for me then rodeller ill have a car and will be with my wife she no like to camp that much but she loves to climb we usually get a whole month but this time 2 weeks and a few days so screamer ill keep you posted we can trade some belays for sure .... and beta .... i usually try mostly onsight or second try routes and i like a lot of volume
anyhow im thinking if its been raining i will got to serrat or on to rodeller ...if it hasent been raining ill go directly to mountgrony as ive heard the tufas are unreal there ....
last 3 years ive been pinching tufas in the south of spain and in mallorca .... for me the tufa is the best thanx for all the replies dark :o

mountainmonkey

Sep 27, 2005, 2:55 PM
Post #9 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Re: What Would You Do 2 weeks in Spain [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would definitely suggest traveling out to Mallorca. I think it was about 70 USD back in March. There is lots of stellar tufa climbing and several long lines of 6+ pitches. Finding cheap lodging might be difficult. We had 7 of us and rented a very nice house for ~100 euro per person per week. The island is 40 miles across and has 30 wineries. It has a very relaxed atmosphere compared to the mainland. It is one of the most beautiful places I have been.

screamer

Sep 27, 2005, 3:40 PM
Post #10 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey darkstar,

That would be awesome if we could meet. Rodellar is a tufa crag so if its raining, we'll probably head to Montsant or Siurana. I'm going with several people so we might get a bungalo in rodellar. I'm guessing we will be doing volume too, 2-3 goes max then move on because there is so much to do.

Kevin

P.S.
we will be the one who don't speak spanish looking dumb founded.

feel free to pm me.....

obe

Sep 27, 2005, 4:25 PM
Post #11 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would sleep...ZZZZZ

darkstar

Sep 27, 2005, 6:12 PM
Post #12 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

this is editeted now ......can anyone say how much time it takes to drive from villanova de prades to mountgrony ?????????? screamer yes lets stay in touch 2 weeks till blast off time ....psyched ok edit part [[[[ i just spoke with a friend in spain who speaks little english he said the drive from mont sant to mountgrony takes [[[[[[9]]]]]]]]] yikes so i think i must go to either mount grony first then head south or west ..... :roll:

screamer

Sep 27, 2005, 7:14 PM
Post #13 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rodellar is 3.5 hours from Barcelona. I'm guessing Grony is only 1 to 1.5 hours north and Siurana/Montsant are about 2 hours west of Barcelona.

benpullin

Sep 27, 2005, 7:19 PM
Post #14 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Having climbed at a few awesome crags in Northern Spain, I'd say drive straight to Rodellar and hit a few other areas on your way back.

If I had to choose one area to climb at for the rest of my life, it would be Rodellar.

darkstar

Sep 28, 2005, 2:35 PM
Post #15 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well i think my spanish speaking friend thought i was driving from northern france ...i dunno he doesent know .... he speakes catalonian [spelling] .... so communication is hard i found a nive bungelow for cheap but its in villanova de prades perfect for siuranna and montsant and etc. etc but maybe to far from mountgrony ... found a place to stay there as well but $$$ ..... so maybe i take beenpullin advice and drive directly to rodeller... must be very very good as ive heard several other people say it was their favorite crag .... i hear the canyoneering there is awesome as well .... over and out dark

zarcillo

Sep 30, 2005, 7:53 AM
Post #16 of 16 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello, Iīm living in Barcelona, Iīm spanish.
Well, if you want information about climbing in spain, you can visit: www.desnivel.es and then in "escuelas de escalada", the information is in spanish, but isnīt dificult.
If you want information about the roads, and distances, you can visit: www.repsol.es ----> "guia campsa" ----> In "localidad" you must put in the first place where you want to go, and then in next box, you must put the second place ----> "calcular" ---->"ver ruta", itīs easy.
Iīm think the best place for climbing in this zone of spain in october itīs SIURANA (Tarragona), itīs 2 hours from Barcelona, next of this, there is about 20 diferents zones of climbing as Montsant, Mussara...
If the weather itīs good then Rodellar and mongrony itīs ok. Great places.
If you can, I recomended to you, visited Riglos, Villanova de meia, Montanejos, Montserrat...

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook