Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mtnmanstuckinva

Jul 7, 2005, 11:10 AM
Post #1 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

need climbing partner in japan
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i live just out side tokyo and have no one to climb with. my usual partner is pregnant and doesnt want to risk a fall. is there anyone who can help me?

cruxmonger

Jul 7, 2005, 1:56 PM
Post #2 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Re: need climbing partner in japan [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

How long will you be there for? One of my partners is leaving for Japan on July 23 to teach english for a year. I'm not sure where he's staying, but I'm sure that he will be looking for people to climb with. Let me know and I will have him contact you.

mtnmanstuckinva

Jul 8, 2005, 8:06 AM
Post #3 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'll be here for a while (couple years) so if theres anyway you could put me in contact with this person that would be great. thanks

cosmin

Jul 8, 2005, 10:37 AM
Post #4 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

check this:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...=Rating&CountryID=95

ski

Aug 4, 2005, 4:12 AM
Post #5 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I to live in Japan however I'm not on Main land. I don't have a problem traveling however I'm not sure how often I can travel. I live on Okinawa so if you are interested let me know. I may be able to head to Mainland around mid October.

Partner abe_ascends

Aug 4, 2005, 4:26 AM
Post #6 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I will be moving to Japan in February, so if you are still around then, I'd be more than willing to head out climbing. Hopefully I'll be living somewhere nearby (location unknown at this point).

bill_in_tokyo

Aug 4, 2005, 6:35 AM
Post #7 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in Tokyo.

If you want to hook up one of these days, and if you're near enough for it to be practicable, a bunch of us climb every Tues. and Thurs. evening at the Edogawabashi branch of T-Wall. Web site is here:

http://www.nona.dti.ne.jp/~t-wall/top/

(Don't know how your Japanese is, but if it helps, click on "gym info" and then click on the second orange button in the center "contents" box to see specific info. and an access map for the Edogawabashi branch.)

We're generally there from around 7-7:30 to closing time at 10:00.

We head outside regularly as well, but it probably makes sense to get acquainted in the gym and then take it from there.

- Bill

alexlowe

Sep 1, 2005, 11:29 PM
Post #8 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Aspiring Hard Man of Trad in Japan [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

To All,

There is incredible Granite trad climbing in Japan, despite the description in the Japan Issue of Climbing (no 235, Dec 04). I am living in the Tokyo area and looking to get out as much as possible. I have all the gear and a van, the only hold up is a busy schedule (which I know is shared by all). If you call, I will climb. I look forward to hearing from you.

Alex Lowe
Miura, Japan

bill_in_tokyo

Sep 2, 2005, 9:33 AM
Post #9 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Re: Aspiring Hard Man of Trad in Japan [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Alex

Just sent you an e-mail. If you don't get it, let me know.

roberthutchins

Oct 6, 2005, 11:13 PM
Post #10 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To All,

I will be in Tokyo for about two weeks starting October 30th. Not sure which specific area (maybe Ikebukuro) until Nov 4th, but then I'll be staying around Nakano. From the 4th though the 9th I should have quite a bit of flexibility and would love to get out on the rock. I will probably even have a day or two available before that.

Unfortunately, I'll only be able to carry my shoes and harness with me, but am up for joining in on trad or sport. I have much more experience with trad, but can have fun at both. :)

Robert

nowhowdoigetdown

Oct 13, 2005, 3:04 AM
Post #11 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am located in Osaka. Osaka is unfortunately not the best place to find good rock. But on the other hand it is in the middle of some of Japans best areas.

Four or more hours to the north-east is an Ogawayama- a place I am sure that all you Tokyo ites are familiar with. And to the west is Okayama, Shikoku etc...

As I am now working in Okayama on fridays I am trying to discover as much of those areas to my west as possible. Apparantly many of these areas are climbable throughout the winter. A fact that may appeal to you guys based in the north.

I have wheels and the basic sport gear plus a set of nutts and am in the midst of looking to purchase some trad gear.

My main interest is trad/crack. Preferably mutlipitch stuff. But basically I need to get a lot of rock underneath me and its all fun.

Last weekend I was in Bitchu - which is in northern Okayama, and will be there again this weekend and the next weekend I maybe in Shodojima-its loacted between Honshu and Shikoku, the weekend after.

If you are heading this way let me know and if you don&t mind I will do the same.

PS

Why does the name Alex Lowe ring a bell?
Maybe I am getting you mixed up with someone else.

krazyle

Oct 28, 2005, 4:03 AM
Post #12 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey all,

Just reporting that nowhowdoigetdown and I took a trip to Shodoshima last weekend. Shodoshima is a small island between honshu and shikoku.

The climbing area held at least 100 bolted routes. Some of teh bolts were a little scetch, but there were a lot of good ones as well. Also, just under the climbing area is a campground and onsen- not a bad setup.

We:ll probably be making another trip out there relatively soon so if anyone wants to partake, just hit one of us up.

Also if anyone climbing trad, with gear, wants to hit up the shikoku sea cliffs, heard its sweet but never been, please get in touch because I:d be more than willing to go.

Peace,
KLE

bandidopeco

Oct 28, 2005, 5:05 AM
Post #13 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well I would have been a good partner, but I'll be leaving in November. But yeah, Ogawayama is nearish to Tokyo, but you should check out Mizugakiyama which is just as good and less crowded. Futagoyama is a great limestone sport climbing place (the one with Hirayamas 5.14d Flat Mountain) plus there are tons of smaller areas all over Japan. I should be posting pics of a cool arch as soon as my friend tells me the names.

Anyway good luck, Welcome to Japan

tlizotte

Oct 30, 2005, 2:51 PM
Post #14 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:lol:
Hello all! The reason that i am posting is i am in Japan for the first time and i need to get on some rock. (The emotion face is me without climbing for 2 months) I have been traveling as a student throughout Asia, and i have just got back from Mongolia and China. I have a week off school starting on the 15 of November till the 23 of November, and i would love it if i could get connected with the climbing community in Japan during that time.

If you need a climbing partner and want to get out for some or all of that time please e-mail me.

Thanks,

Travis-

himistu22

Nov 6, 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #15 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello everyone. Just wanted to say hi and that I am in Izu, Shizuoka right next to Joyama. If anyone needs a partner let me know. I love to hit rock when ever possible. Just email me and we can hook up.

tlizotte

Nov 24, 2005, 3:57 PM
Post #16 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am writing to give huge props to Ryan down in IZU. He showed my a great time, and some wonderful rock. If you have a urge to go check out some sweet rock, and hang with a great guy head down to Izu, Shizuoka and give Ryan (himistu22) a call.

christchurch

Nov 24, 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #17 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey to all climbers in Japan. I want to move there and teach and climb. Does anyone need a teacher at their school next spring?

I prefer cracks so would like to live near granite if possible. Have loads of gear and have taught for several years.

Any help is appreciated. cheers. paul

himistu22

Nov 25, 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #18 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks Travis for that post. Sorry I didn't write anything yet. But if anyone out there gets the chance to climb with Travis (tlizotte), you should do it. He has just a super great attitude and is really positive about life and most everything. About his climbing, he really likes to go for it. After I lead a nice route, I was shocked when he wanted to pull the rope and have a lead at it too. It was great climbing with someone who wanted to push even though I kind of hang dogged it a couple of times... sorry for that Travis... but really anyone out there, don't miss the chance to climb and make friends with him.

krazyle

Dec 1, 2005, 5:04 AM
Post #19 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, where is shizuoka? Any where near Shikoku? Take care...

himistu22

Dec 6, 2005, 10:28 PM
Post #20 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shizuoka is toward Yokohama at the base of Mnt. Fuji. The places I climb are in Izu, about an hour south west of Tokyo. I think the climbing is good, but I haven't really climbed any place else. I am not sure exactly where Shikoku Island is, my friend goes there alot to beach camp and said it is really beautiful. Krazyle, if you ever have time to come up, drop me a line.

Partner abe_ascends

Jan 28, 2006, 2:52 AM
Post #21 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Update on my location in Japan: In one week (Feb.4) I will be living just outside Nagoya. If anyone is in the area and wants to hit the gyms or crags, toss me a PM. I'll send you my cell phone number (when I get it) and/or email. I have full trad/sport rack and rope, but no wheels.
I'll be in Japan for at least a year.

Cheers,

adam

himistu22

Jan 28, 2006, 6:02 AM
Post #22 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Adam,

I PM'ed once back in December. Cool that you will be here. Nagoya is pretty far from here, but if you get a weekend off, come up and lets hit the rocks up here. I have just started doing the Pod Climber Japan show and I might be heading down there to do some gym reviews and things. Keep in touch and keep me updated on stuff going on down there. I will be sure to talk about it on my pod casts.

Ryan

Partner abe_ascends

Jan 28, 2006, 6:35 AM
Post #23 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Ryan,
I remember receiving the PM. I'm sending you another one with my email addy. Hopefully I"ll be somewhat acquainted with the gyms and crags in the area by the time you take a trip my way.
Anyhoo, I definitely plan on travelling while I"m in Japan (no car, unfortunately). Just outta curiousity, how far are you from Nagoya?

Keep in touch,

adam

ridethespiral

May 25, 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #24 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be visiting Japan in July and would love to do some climbing or bouldering if any of yall are interested.

mountainchick82

May 30, 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #25 of 28 (6608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I live just south of Yokohama and teach in Hadano. I'm in DESPERATE need of a partner!! I haven't been climbing in a really long time and I just want to get out!!!!! :)

Drop me a line too! I have the whole summer free from school for almost 3 months, so I want to keep busy.

Cheers,
Becki

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook