RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

ang_333

Oct 21, 2005, 7:38 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1723 views)
Shortcut

Nova Scotia
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just left Tennessee... a climbers dream land! Back here in NS with no climbing partner ... I dont even think there is a place to climb? Please help me....:)

granite_grrl

Oct 21, 2005, 10:35 AM
Post #2 of 7 (1723 views)
Shortcut

Re: Nova Scotia [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.climbeasterncanada.com for all your partnering needs. Also, check out the comps and other nights organized by the local climbing gyms.

Have fun in NS, I miss it there.

headchop

Oct 21, 2005, 2:36 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1723 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Angela, if you're around Halifax then you've got lots of amazing bouldering all around you. Check out this site for more bouldering info.

Enjoy.

ben

Oct 21, 2005, 3:05 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1723 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dude i live in halifax-we have stellar bouldering, and decent rope climbing. musquidobit harbour has a few walls up to 3 pitch trad and sorrows end in terence bay has sport climbing up to 5.13/14 there are also mini areas all aroud mostly with harder approaches including gems such as crows nest in terence bay and first face also in musquidobit . if you want to go climbing send me an email at bn948751@dal.ca your best bet is to get a pad though the bouldering is world class.

granite_grrl

Oct 21, 2005, 4:56 PM
Post #5 of 7 (1723 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
dude i live in halifax-we have stellar bouldering, and decent rope climbing. musquidobit harbour has a few walls up to 3 pitch trad and sorrows end in terence bay has sport climbing up to 5.13/14 there are also mini areas all aroud mostly with harder approaches including gems such as crows nest in terence bay and first face also in musquidobit . if you want to go climbing send me an email at bn948751@dal.ca your best bet is to get a pad though the bouldering is world class.

The three pitch really isn't three pitches, but Main Face (the cliff he is referring to) is the tallest on mainland NS (with all of one "3" pitch climb, super nice climb though). There's also Welsford in NB, and Cape Clear in Cape Breton (still not overly developped).

Bouldering is good, I think the gear climbing is excellent too. Don't get excited for sport. Sorrow's end (terrence bay) has, what? eight bolted lines?? I think there's been a bit more bolting going on since I've left, but at my last count there were four routes with bolts under 5.11....two of which you still should be placing gear on. If you don't feel comfortable leading then it's also very easy at a number of cliffs to set up a toprope.

I'm sure you'll find a ton of boulderers to hang out with. And boulders aren't hard to find. If you do want to get out and do some routes then just peep into one of the "Stoners" thread on the Eastern Canada board (NS section). People are very friendly if you put yourself out there. Ask if you can join one of their outtings. If you do find it really hard to find partners just PM me and I'll see if I can put you in contact with some people I still know out there (for roped climbing and bouldering).

ang_333

Oct 23, 2005, 2:53 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1723 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WOW! thanks for all your help! I'm going to check out the gyms in halifax and dartmouth next week! This is great I thought b\my climbing career was going to be over....;) thanks again!

ben

Oct 26, 2005, 5:59 PM
Post #7 of 7 (1723 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

alright maybe i hyped sorrows up a little but it is good- all the rage is a classic 10 and if you send around 11 or 12 its really a fun little crag- and if you do the top pitch of 5.7 on popcorn its proper three pitch you just have to avoid the bush scramble on the left, i forget what that top pitch is called though

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook