RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Partner pt

Nov 5, 2005, 8:00 PM
Post #1 of 3 (567 views)
Shortcut

Mt. Arapiles beta
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What time of year would be best to visit Arapiles? Any other beta would be appreciated as well (where to fly into, how is the camping, other nearby attractions, good guide book, etc....)

Thanks.

climbingkiwi

Nov 6, 2005, 11:33 PM
Post #2 of 3 (567 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mt. Arapiles beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi. You should check out http://www.chockstone.org. There is heaps of info on there.
Best time of year would be either spring (October-Mid December) or late summer/autumn (March-June). Saying that you can climb all year round but, winter is wetter and summer is hotter.
Fly into Melbourne.
Camping within walking distance of cliffs. $2 AUS per night per person when I was there at the start of this year.
Other nearby attractions: The Grampians
Guide book: Arapiles Selected Climbs

kachoong

Nov 7, 2005, 12:16 AM
Post #3 of 3 (567 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mt. Arapiles beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

....climbingkiwi has the right idea.... You can go all year-round.... but to emphasise.... Mt Arapiles can get VERY hot from the beginning of December through to End of Febuary.... it's fun at New Year though.... May is getting cold and you wouldn't wanna be there from June though to the start of September cos it's cold and wet (alot of the time).... My gf and I were just there at the beginning of October and the nights were just above freezing, but the days were pleasant (a little unseasonal rain).... also it was after school holidays (which are till the end of Sept usually.... also Easter is crowded) so there weren't too many people. The fees are still AU$2 per night per person, which is pretty good.... best months IMO would be just before the Easter holidays begin and the middle-end of October.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook