Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

treyfrancisclimbs

Nov 8, 2005, 2:31 AM
Post #1 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Best of the West
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well, i haven't seen anything about it yet, but since it was in an issue of Rock Climbing, as well as the new Best of the West DVD, I wonder what people think about the trip Boone, Chris, Nate and Jason made to Hueco, and the sends that were sent there. I figured that since nearly everyone on this site rips on Sharma for everything he does, i would start another thread where people who will never climb as well as him can have a chance to talk about how much he sucks. Sidenote: I think the movie is pretty sick, and some of the things he does are dope. And, it answers a few stabs made about Chris in another thread concerning him and Fred Nicole and Hueco.

Discuss

treyfrancisclimbs

Nov 9, 2005, 1:17 AM
Post #2 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Re: Best of the West [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow! I am amazed and a little dissapointed. Usually if you see a post that even mentions Chris Sharma there is a flame fest for weeks, possibly months, and yet there is nary a response to mine. :(

deserteaglle

Nov 9, 2005, 3:43 PM
Post #3 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The reason that no one is responding is because you did this in an attempt to start a flame fest. I believe that constitutes a troll.

Also
In reply to:
I think the movie is pretty sick, and some of the things he does are dope.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. By that statement I don't even have to use my mind reading powers (which I do have) to know that you own at least one beanie. ha.

ikefromla

Nov 9, 2005, 4:17 PM
Post #4 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well it's true that MC didn't do a bad job at putting the video together, and the sit to the Flame looks ridiculous.

litleclimberchick

Nov 9, 2005, 9:34 PM
Post #5 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The reason that no one is responding is because you did this in an attempt to start a flame fest. I believe that constitutes a troll.

Also
In reply to:
I think the movie is pretty sick, and some of the things he does are dope.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. By that statement I don't even have to use my mind reading powers (which I do have) to know that you own at least one beanie. ha.

hey...i own several beanies (though i do have my favorite)...what exactly are you trying to say...

:?

treyfrancisclimbs

Nov 10, 2005, 12:02 AM
Post #6 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, illustrious mr. deserteagle, the reason i asked the question is because i want to know what other people think of the movie and some of the problems on it. I do apologize for the poor choice of words that gave away the hideous fact that I own a beanie. I own several in fact, all of them made by myself. For some reason I just haven't been able to muster up the courage to put on the posh headband/ear warmer, commonly known as the "ear brassiere" that I am sure you wear with dignity and pride. I wasn't wanting to start a flame fest, nor was i trolling, i once again made the stupid mistake of thinking that I could get some honest feedback and opinions. I will however, try harder in the future to use more appropriate words like "brah, fully, gnarly, and wicked."

deserteaglle

Nov 10, 2005, 1:00 AM
Post #7 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, I like the direction this thread is moving now. First off litleclimberchick if you don't know what the problem with beanies is...well I prolly can't explain it to you then, however you are a chick, and possibly cute in a beanie, so I will reserve judgement.

Trey, I am glad you made note of my illustriousness, but I am pissed that you misspelled my mispelled screen name, extremely offensive dude :) .
Like I said, I already knew you had beanies, but I was shocked to hear that you smoke enough pot to want to make your own. I also can't believe that you so selfishly took the jobs from several 6 year olds in asian countries that make the beanies you don't wear cuz' you have too much free-time. You have no soul. As far as my ear bras go, I haven't worn one of those in years and now have much more "illustrious" headgear.

In reply to:
I wasn't wanting to start a flame fest, nor was i trolling, i once again made the stupid mistake of thinking that I could get some honest feedback and opinions.

That's funny because earlier you wrote:

In reply to:
I figured that since nearly everyone on this site rips on Sharma for everything he does, i would start another thread where people who will never climb as well as him can have a chance to talk about how much he sucks.

and then:

In reply to:
Wow! I am amazed and a little dissapointed. Usually if you see a post that even mentions Chris Sharma there is a flame fest for weeks, possibly months, and yet there is nary a response to mine.

Apparently since I quit smoking everyday a few months ago my brain has cleared up a bit, because with a minimal amount of brain power I pointed out your bullshit.

BTW: In all seriousness, I never was around for the whole ear bra thing, I'm only twenty. And the only reason I don't use words like "Dope" is because they make you sound as stupid as you most probably are, and you have trouble garnering respect. Therefore refrain from using many slang words with the excpetion of "Dude" in mixed company. :lol: Catch what I'm sayin' brah? 8^)

treyfrancisclimbs

Nov 10, 2005, 1:36 AM
Post #8 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh no, dessertagle has insulted me! I sure hope i can manage to make it through another day knowing that some extra special retarded kid who hasn't yet caught the jist of sarcasm thinks I'm stupid. You know, i actually started making my own beanies after I stopped smoking pot, so i guess your minimal amount of brain power, which must have really strained you, let you to the wrong conclusion.

You see deasartegle, since I know this site is rife with boners like you, I was being a little sarcastic in my post. I knew very well that I couldn't get real feedback on something so simple as a climbing dvd. I naturally assumed that since the purpose rc.com is to talk as much shite as possible about anything and everything, that i would have to wade through the endless pages of Sharma bashing in order to find out what people thought about Mike Call's latest. That is why I made my second post. I was truly surprised that there was nary a snide remark. But, thankfully you saved the day! You managed to represent this site well by posting a reply that was simultaneously useless and stupid. Way to go dude.

rainontin

Nov 10, 2005, 2:46 AM
Post #9 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jesus...how many times can one turn the sarcasm bandwagon around? By saying a previous post was meant to be sarcastic in no way redeems the stupidity of said post.

curt

Nov 10, 2005, 3:00 AM
Post #10 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Oh no, dessertagle has insulted me! I sure hope i can manage to make it through another day knowing that some extra special retarded kid who hasn't yet caught the jist of sarcasm thinks I'm stupid.

No, he didn't actually insult you, you fucking worthless little duct-taped butt gerbil.

There. Now you've been properly insulted. Oh, and STFU, n00b. :D

Curt

squierbypetzl

Nov 10, 2005, 4:07 AM
Post #11 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gerbil... funny. :D
Honorary gold trophy for you sir.

Who doesn´t like Sharma? The guys as strong as a steel beam and supposedly not that bad a guy in person...
You want to hear someone bitch about a climber infinetely stronger than they are, start a thread about Tommy´s latest ascents.

Preferably in scummunity.

deserteaglle

Nov 10, 2005, 2:05 PM
Post #12 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Huh, hey curt, he called me a boner. Huh huhhhuhhuhhuhuhhu.

jman5

Nov 18, 2005, 7:45 PM
Post #13 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

reading this thread sort of makes me ashamed to be a climber. If being a climber means associating my self with a bunch of bickering teenage girls. Who can't even answer a simple question. And can just complain about little things about the sport and threads that annoy them. Are any of you even climbers cause it sure doesn't sound like it. you sound like a bunch of forum Nazis. If you hadn't seen the movie then shut up. and if you have comment on it. And if anyone bashes on sharma there retarded. even if there better than sharma. No matter what the situation you should do anything and everything to encourage your sport as you can. and not make it look like climbers are a bunch a winy babies.
PS: I have Best of the West.. personally the I didn't like the filming and music style of the movie. as compared to others such as dosage or Sessions. but the climbs were sick. and sharma and nate gold are beasts. I especially liked the local climber they had with them. Just showing how the new generation is really strong AND "POSITIVE AND ENCOURAGING TO THERE SPORT AND FELLOW CLIMBERS". but in my opinion you can't have a bad movie with the likes of nate sharma and Keil in it. pulling super strong.

deserteaglle

Nov 18, 2005, 9:10 PM
Post #14 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To Jman:

STFU NOOB!!!!!

Seriously dude, did you bring back up a dead thread just so you could bitch about others bitching. Without any offence to decent homosexuals. What a fag dude. Grow the F up. Have you been around here long enough to find out what a troll is??? It's what the original poster is. He is only trying to get a debate started so he can listen to people bash each other...he just didn't expect to be the one bashed. He got what he deserved, and you deserve the same for, like I said, bringing up a dead and forgotten thread to do exactly what you condemned.

So in closing, I reiterate, STFU NOOB.

enjoimx

Nov 18, 2005, 9:38 PM
Post #15 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

^^ Most confusing thread ever :roll:

jman5

Nov 18, 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #16 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

deserteaglle. . and i didn't mean to "bring up a dead thread" i replied to it because i just watched the video and saw the question so i thought i would comment. it's only 10 days old, and the movie still exists. no i didn't know what a troll is. you could have just freakin told me. but i'm sure what you did was much better. thanks for your maturity.

deserteaglle

Nov 18, 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #17 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Your welcome. :wink: I love to be a help.

jman5

Nov 18, 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #18 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

actually seriously.. thanks. i was out of line because i didn't really know what was going on. the hole troll thing. whatever. I just was annoyed trying to find what people thought. so thanks for clearing it up. Not sure why you were so harsh but. everyone has there way.

blueeyedclimber

Nov 23, 2005, 1:23 PM
Post #19 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am now stupider for having read this thread.

deserteaglle

Nov 23, 2005, 3:44 PM
Post #20 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

You think you got it rough? You were just an innocent bystander...imagine what it was like to be caught in the action. :shock:

Partner nostalgia

Nov 23, 2005, 5:05 PM
Post #21 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I think it's the dizzyingly abused English. Let's see what we've got...

In reply to:
the jist of sarcasm
Sounds like a pr0n movie title. You may want "gist."

In reply to:
If you hadn't seen the movie then shut up. and if you have comment on it. And if anyone bashes on sharma there retarded.
I'd bash on this, but I'm not even sure it's English. I'll have to give it a pass. Way to go asking for comments, then disregarding any anti-Sharma comments right up front, though. Hot stuff, baby.

In reply to:
Your welcome.
My welcome? Where is it? You're not giving it to me! Give it to me faster!

In reply to:
the hole troll thing.
What is a hole troll? Is that some kind of homosexual insult?

In reply to:
everyone has there way
Is "There Way" a place? Like a street, maybe?

In reply to:
the purpose rc.com is to talk as much shite as possible about anything and everything,
See, I'm following directions :)

-Joe

azrockclimber

Nov 23, 2005, 5:33 PM
Post #22 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I think it's the dizzyingly abused English. Let's see what we've got...

In reply to:
the jist of sarcasm
Sounds like a pr0n movie title. You may want "gist."

In reply to:
If you hadn't seen the movie then shut up. and if you have comment on it. And if anyone bashes on sharma there retarded.
I'd bash on this, but I'm not even sure it's English. I'll have to give it a pass. Way to go asking for comments, then disregarding any anti-Sharma comments right up front, though. Hot stuff, baby.

In reply to:
Your welcome.
My welcome? Where is it? You're not giving it to me! Give it to me faster!

In reply to:
the hole troll thing.
What is a hole troll? Is that some kind of homosexual insult?

In reply to:
everyone has there way
Is "There Way" a place? Like a street, maybe?

In reply to:
the purpose rc.com is to talk as much s--- as possible about anything and everything,
See, I'm following directions :)

-Joe

awesome..i don't have to say anything now....haha

desrtrockrat

Nov 23, 2005, 6:23 PM
Post #23 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I thought that it was very well filmed. There was something about the color that made it look much more professional or high budget than I had seen before. Looks like climbing films are on the up and up when it comes to quality.

deserteaglle

Nov 23, 2005, 6:45 PM
Post #24 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't believe this thread is coming back. :shock:

rockclimbergabor

Nov 26, 2005, 6:19 AM
Post #25 of 42 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

guys, stop it guys, chris sharma's my man and if ANYBODY says anything bad about him ill rip your head off. Dont disrespect the guy, OK? He's a much better climber tthen you'll ever be. EVER. EVER!!

P.S.: The Mandala's V11/12, OK?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook