RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

primategirl

Nov 18, 2005, 5:45 AM
Post #1 of 5 (566 views)
Shortcut

Chicagoland Lady Climbers?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know I should be posting this in the "partners" section of the forum but I just get responses from men even though I specify "female climbing partner." I just began climbing a little over a month ago and only do a 5.8 / 5.9 gym climbing. I still have a lot of learning to do. I can climb anytime Tuesday or Wed (Wed or Thurs after the first of the year) or after 5:30pm the rest of the week. I'd like to do a few weekend trips to southern Illinois or devils lake etc. I live in the western suburbs and began climbing at the Downers Grove YMCA and VE recently. All of my friends who climb moved out west and the rest refuse to even try. My husband is to scared.... So I do have a dilemma concerning a lack of climbing buddies in my circle.

nola_angie

Nov 18, 2005, 3:23 PM
Post #2 of 5 (566 views)
Shortcut

Re: Chicagoland Lady Climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Silly boys- kinda cute that they respond to a call for a female climbing partner. Think they are getting in touch with their fem side???

Anyhow, I can't help you with a full time partner, but if you want a temp. climbing buddy over the holidays- I'm gonna be out in the Western 'burbs visiting parents for about a week, I think, over Christmas. Where are you at, and where is your gym? We'll meet up if ya want!

(I climb 5.11c gym climbing.)

the_soph

Nov 20, 2005, 1:47 AM
Post #3 of 5 (566 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hi - looks like we're at about the same level. i live in the city, but i'm hoping to get out to VE more. if you're willing to come in, i climb at fitplex and could get to hidden peak pretty easily. my schedule's a little crazy, but maybe weekends?

nola_angie

Nov 22, 2005, 1:39 AM
Post #4 of 5 (566 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll give y'all a shout out when I'm in the area. We should meet up and climb! That'd be awesome! I can bring my boy and make him work belay so that we have an even #!!! :lol:

nola_angie

Nov 22, 2005, 1:42 AM
Post #5 of 5 (566 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll give y'all a shout out when I'm in the area. We should meet up and climb! That'd be awesome! I can bring my boy and make him work belay so that we have an even #!!! :lol: Or bring another female climber and make it a grrl's trip!

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook