RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

mntlhuricane

Jan 2, 2006, 4:08 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1808 views)
Shortcut

Starting a gym.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have decided that I don't particulary like my current job anymore and I want to get paid for doing something that I love. I know this is everyones dream but I'm tired of just dreaming. My biggest problem is that I have no idea how to start a business outside of a lemonade stand on the sidewalk (which is not what I love to do). I have read a few of the other threads about starting gyms but I still have many questions. Where would be the best place to find basic info on starting a new business in a specific area specifically a climbing gym?

lambone

Jan 2, 2006, 4:52 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1808 views)
Shortcut

Re: Starting a gym. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

first try several of the other "starting a gym" threads, do a search...

ontario_guide

Jan 7, 2006, 7:43 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1808 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Then ask away with any specific questions...

dubforceone

Jan 7, 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1808 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There is alot you need to know about running a business...while hanging out and climbing in a gym might be fun and easy...there is a little more to it...

you could go to school..as i am doing...and get a business degree...and hope that the fact that you have a degree will help you more than what you learned through school will...then again..maybe what you learn in school will actually help...

you might also want to make contacts with people who would be able/willing to invest in your little venture...

you could find someone who runs a gym...and stalk them..learn everything they are doing..and then do the same thing..

you could find partners that want to open a gym..and know more about what to do then "open a gym"

or you could say f%$k it and wing it...spend your own cash and hope to god that someone who knows what their doing doesn't come in and open a gym right next door to yours.....

it also depends on the type of gym..location...size...pro shop? food? repaair work?

regardless...business is business...you are going to have to know a little about accounting, management, marketing, finance...among others..or you will be paying a bunch of people to do it for you...

good luck...im headed down the same road so make your gym good or i will take all your money :D

kletter1mann

Jan 8, 2006, 2:37 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1808 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I have decided that I don't particulary like my current job anymore and I want to get paid for doing something that I love. I know this is everyones dream but I'm tired of just dreaming. My biggest problem is that I have no idea how to start a business outside of a lemonade stand on the sidewalk (which is not what I love to do). I have read a few of the other threads about starting gyms but I still have many questions. Where would be the best place to find basic info on starting a new business in a specific area specifically a climbing gym?
If you're serious get RockWerx consulting package. http://www.rockwerxclimbing.com/startup_main.php
It will cost $1700 or something like that. If that's too much to pay it means you're still in the dreaming stages, not yet serious. If you're serious it's the best money you can spend.

It's an industrial-strength marketing, planning and budgeting tool. When you're done you'll know what it takes to get running and whether you've got a chance of pulling it off. If the business stuff in the package is beyond you - which is actually pretty likely unless you've already got some business background - then get on your knees and thank God. You've just learned that the $1700 investment saved you from blowing your life's savings or wasting 6 months to reach the same conclusion. BTW, what's your current job?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook