RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

ozoneclimber

Jan 6, 2006, 10:23 AM
Post #1 of 1 (57 views)
Shortcut

Hey Arkansas Climbers!!!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Check out ClimbArkansas.com; Contribute something. These guys are trying to do something good for the climbing community but they can't do it if you won't let them! That doesn't mean, give up your special boulders or do anything like that. Lets just try and get some sort of community here so that we can get work done. There are a ton of beautiful places in these hills that, with a little work and development, could become great places. Don't tell me that "those places can't handle heavy traffic" whether it be for landowner-relations or not.

Most of the state is national forest, and even if it is on private property a lot of the people that are so commonly referred to as Hillbillies are actually pretty good and all-round jovial people, so long as you don't screw with their hunting.

I will admit, access can be a touchy subject, in which case a news letter or website would do more good than harm, it would alert others to what areas are closed and which ones are not. It would also bring us together so that we can work together to get access to those areas that are closed.

I just think that it would be good for some of us to quit being so damn narrow minded, and actually try to work together for a change, and this site/newsletter seems to be one way that we can do that. So give something back to the community.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box and let the flogging begin.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook