First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

jeremy9876543

Feb 4, 2006, 9:04 PM
Post #1 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

But what about the right?
Report this Post
Can't Post

The left has always had it's problems with it's scattered message with everyone having their own cause, we hear about these all of the time, but what about the right.

It seems to me that the right's problem is that they support their nutjob after nutjob just because they believe in the conservative message. I find it hard to believe that they really think that George Bush is the single most qualified individual in the entire country to lead the nation, but they nominated him. They also supported his father even though he was an over-medicated mess (maybe just a rumor but I thought he behaved strangely). Even though Reagan put up a good public face he was well into his dotage in his second term. Ford was a dufus and Nixon was a complete paranoid psycho. While admittedly in a political system you are not likely to get the very best why are they unwilling to criticize the very deep flaws of very flawed men?

Is this just a defense mechanism, it's us against the liberals, support your guy no matter what?

Or do they trust absolutely those behind the scenes who these presidents are delegating/conceding power to?

collegekid

Feb 7, 2006, 4:47 AM
Post #2 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Re: But what about the right? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The republican's don't care who the president is, so long as he is able to sign laws and send troops into action.

Nothing Bush has done was thought of on his own, and every peice of legislation he signs was written by a corporation or lobbying group.
That's why the republicans prefer to have candidates that can't think for themselves; so that the corporations that put them in office can get their legislation through congress quickly and efficiently, no questions asked.

curt

Feb 7, 2006, 4:49 AM
Post #3 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jesus, you're both fucking retards.

Curt

collegekid

Feb 7, 2006, 4:54 AM
Post #4 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

takes one to know one

collegekid

Feb 7, 2006, 4:56 AM
Post #5 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Jesus, you're both f---ing retards.

Curt

Takes one to know one. Anyway, mom just calls me "special", and I take that as a good thing.

rufusandcompany

Feb 7, 2006, 4:59 AM
Post #6 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The republican's don't care who the president is, so long as he is able to sign laws and send troops into action.

Nothing Bush has done was thought of on his own, and every peice of legislation he signs was written by a corporation or lobbying group.
That's why the republicans prefer to have candidates that can't think for themselves; so that the corporations that put them in office can get their legislation through congress quickly and efficiently, no questions asked.

Curt,

CK's comment doesn't fill in all the blanks, although it isn't so far from the truth. If you believe that it is, I wouldn't mind hearing your reasons for thinking so.

As for Reagan - regardless of some of his policies, I don't believe that he was anyone's hand puppet.

curt

Feb 7, 2006, 5:22 AM
Post #7 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
takes one to know one

Yeah, my fourth grade son often uses that retort. Congratulations for matching his intellect.

Curt

jeremy9876543

Feb 7, 2006, 5:58 PM
Post #8 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
As for Reagan - regardless of some of his policies, I don't believe that he was anyone's hand puppet.

Agreed about his general demeanor but, you don't think that in Reagan's second term, while he was getting along in his dotage, that somone else wasn't running things day to day?

Curt, the point of this post is that the right has their own institional problems that are often overlooked while the left's have been emphasized. Or do you think that the right in infalable??

thorne
Deleted

Feb 7, 2006, 6:17 PM
Post #9 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In White Men Can't Jump, Woody Harrelson says:
In reply to:
You'd rather look good and lose than look bad and win.

See if you can figure it out.

thorne
Deleted

Feb 7, 2006, 6:21 PM
Post #10 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Curt, the point of this post is that the right has their own institional problems that are often overlooked while the left's have been emphasized. Or do you think that the right in infalable??

While everyone has a constitutional right to air their dirty laundry in public, Rebuplicans are less inclined to do so.

scrapedape

Feb 7, 2006, 6:26 PM
Post #11 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
every peice of legislation he signs was written by a corporation or lobbying group.
Stop the presses.
Welcome to Washington, kid. That's the way it works, only it's not just the GOP that does it. Damn near any piece of legislation introduced by either party is written, reviewed, ripped apart, and revised by business, lobbyists, and/or NGOs. Honestly, most lawmakers don't have the necessary knowledge, or time, to understand what the hell a piece of legislation is going to do, unless they have an expert they trust to explain it to them.

dingus

Feb 7, 2006, 6:33 PM
Post #12 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Stop the presses.
Welcome to Washington, kid...

The world's largest whore house.

DMT

jeremy9876543

Feb 7, 2006, 6:43 PM
Post #13 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
While everyone has a constitutional right to air their dirty laundry in public, Rebuplicans are less inclined to do so.

Is't the whole point of democracy to air our dirty laundry and make informed decisions?

dynosore

Feb 7, 2006, 6:44 PM
Post #14 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Curt, I have little doubt your son is smarter than these 2.
Yeah, I only vote Republican so I can send our troops into harms way, and so corporations can have their way. Oh, and I "heard" Reagan was a drug addict. Democrats wonder why they can't win LOL. All you offer is complaining, and outright lying. As much as I don't care for a lot of what Bush is doing, I could never side with morons like you.

jeremy9876543

Feb 7, 2006, 6:53 PM
Post #15 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
As much as I don't care for a lot of what Bush is doing

News Flash

A split second not of non fellatio.

thorne
Deleted

Feb 7, 2006, 7:16 PM
Post #16 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Is't the whole point of democracy to air our dirty laundry and make informed decisions?

Having an open society where people are able to expose wrongdoing is a completely different matter than some people's willingness to continually show their asses.

I haven't seen or heard much about Howard Dean recently.

deserteaglle

Feb 7, 2006, 7:17 PM
Post #17 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
As much as I don't care for a lot of what Bush is doing

News Flash

A split second not of non fellatio.

You just proved once again how right Curt is. :lol:

jeremy9876543

Feb 7, 2006, 7:31 PM
Post #18 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Having an open society where people are able to expose wrongdoing is a completely different matter than some people's willingness to continually show their asses.

That's a lot different from Nixonian paranoid secrecy.

reno

Feb 7, 2006, 7:31 PM
Post #19 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
takes one to know one

Yeah, my fourth grade son often uses that retort. Congratulations for matching his intellect.

Hey, Curt, you should send your kid to PhD school in San Diego. Maybe he could teach collegekid a thing or two.

:D

thorne
Deleted

Feb 7, 2006, 7:52 PM
Post #20 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

That's a lot different from Nixonian paranoid secrecy.

What's a lot different?

rufusandcompany

Feb 7, 2006, 7:58 PM
Post #21 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry. Coming from you, this is hilarious.

thorne
Deleted

Feb 7, 2006, 8:15 PM
Post #22 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

And still, you express bewilderment when the slights are directed your way. :roll:

rufusandcompany

Feb 7, 2006, 8:30 PM
Post #23 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

And still, you express bewilderment when the slights are directed your way. :roll:

Thorne,

There is nothing bewildering about your behavior, and your attempts at baiting me into a flamefest are futile. If you weren't so consumed by your agenda, you might realize that I am trying to get along with you.

thorne
Deleted

Feb 7, 2006, 8:54 PM
Post #24 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think the following was your first post directed me, since you killfiled me last year.

Just to clarify, jred and I were talking about current day behavior of the two religions... not what happened 50, 100, 200 or 1000 years ago.

Is this your idea of civility?
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Yes, these Muslim fundamentalists are violent idiots for sure, but let us look at Christianity and all of it's wonderful following. What of anti-abortionists terrorizing women and killing doctors.

I love this comparison. How many deaths have resulted from attacks on abortion clinics in the last 10 years? The last 30 years?

How many deaths of any kind have been caused by vigilante Christians in the last 10 years?

Thorne,

You need to bone up on your history. What about all the blacks in this country, who were considered sub-human and were murdered by white Christians? And then there was Apartheid. Don't get me started with Christians from ancient Rome, the middle ages and early modern times. Siting incidents from the past ten years is a fallacious example.

rufusandcompany

Feb 7, 2006, 9:00 PM
Post #25 of 31 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I think the following was your first post directed me, since you killfiled me last year.

Just to clarify, jred and I were talking about current day behavior of the two religions... not what happened 50, 100, 200 or 1000 years ago.

Is this your idea of civility?
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Yes, these Muslim fundamentalists are violent idiots for sure, but let us look at Christianity and all of it's wonderful following. What of anti-abortionists terrorizing women and killing doctors.

I love this comparison. How many deaths have resulted from attacks on abortion clinics in the last 10 years? The last 30 years?

How many deaths of any kind have been caused by vigilante Christians in the last 10 years?

Thorne,

You need to bone up on your history. What about all the blacks in this country, who were considered sub-human and were murdered by white Christians? And then there was Apartheid. Don't get me started with Christians from ancient Rome, the middle ages and early modern times. Siting incidents from the past ten years is a fallacious example.

In answer to your question about civility, the answer is yes. There is nothing uncivil about my comment, and, as far as i'm concerned, iy applies to the discussion. It was not a personal attack on you.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook