Premier Sponsor:

goob3r

Feb 10, 2006, 5:00 AM
Post #1 of 4 (204 views)
Shortcut

climbing or bust??
Report this Post
Can't Post

have any of you put your academic or professional career on hold to REALLLY get absorbed into climbing? I find myself troubled in that I want to take my parent's advice and go to college and move out and get a professional job.. yet.. I just can't bring myself to commit to academics at this point. I was in the Military after HS and have been struggling with daily life since I came home.. i'm pretty much just a loser that likes climbing a lot.. and I was lucky to find this..

I'm just curious to hear your stories and how you keep yourself climbing and truckin along.

Partner tgreene

Feb 10, 2006, 5:08 AM
Post #2 of 4 (204 views)
Shortcut

Re: climbing or bust... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You really should talk to Camhead about this, as I believe he's elected to give up climbing and fornication altogether, to become an elder in the Mormon Church.

He has often spoken fondly of dinner parties with the Osmonds... and the Donners! :shock:

styndall

Feb 10, 2006, 5:15 AM
Post #3 of 4 (204 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I finished my undergrad, and then trucked off and took a job with DNC concessions in Yosemite. It's not bad work there, and you can climb all the time (I had bouldering lunch breaks most days). After I got that out of my system, I went back to grad school, where I am now.

For you, Yosemite is much closer, and there's a lot less involved with working there. Maybe you could do that for a while until you figure out where you're supposed to be?

bill_in_tokyo

Feb 10, 2006, 7:33 AM
Post #4 of 4 (204 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"climbing or bust???"

Hmmm... difficult.

I love climbing, but a truly excellent bust is not to be sneered at... :wink:

(Sorry - couldn't help myself)

Forums : Community : Campground