RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

gazhbo

Feb 18, 2006, 6:22 PM
Post #1 of 3 (909 views)
Shortcut

Escaladores espanoles. escalada en espana esta verano
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

no hablo mucho espanol pero creo necesito a hablar con escaladores espanoles. Mi novia e yo querriamos a ir a espana por escalada(deporte) esta verano, pero no sabemos la mejor area por nos. necesitamos una area con muchas rutas porque estaremos ahi por diez dias o dos semanos e querriamos escalar mucho. no tendremos un carro asi necesitaremos a estar en una area circa de un poblacion. Creo El Chorro estara demisiado caliente en agosto a septiembre. Puedo escalar sobre 6c/7a e quisierra algo rutas duras para mi cuando estoy ahi. Mi novia puede sobre 6a pero va a mejore muy rapido. querriamos una area con algunas rutas mas facil tambien. querriamos algunas lugar donde podirmos encontarse otro escaladores porques estamos ambos aprendizaje castellana.

Muchas Gracias. Lo siento por mi castellana mala

iltripp

Feb 18, 2006, 6:47 PM
Post #2 of 3 (909 views)
Shortcut

Re: Escaladores espanoles. escalada en espanol esta verano [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gazhbo,

I'm assuming you speak English, so I'll skip the castellano (for both our sakes) and keep things simple.

You are probably correct that El Chorro will be too hot in August. I was there in march and mid-day was sweltering. However, for not having a car, the access there is fantastic (the train runs right through the village). If it's not unbearably hot (I'm not sure how bad august will be), you could always spend the hottest part of the day by the river and climb early morning and late afternoon. Not ideal... but it might work.

However, you're probably better off going to other areas. August weather in Galicia (in NW Spain), is fantastic, but the climbing there is sparse and often hard to access without a car, so I wouldn't recommend it for you.

Perhaps something around the Barcelona area would be better. I haven't climbed there, but I've heard good things about Montserrat, and I believe it is easily accessible by train. I imagine that August weather in Cataluņa would be much more mild than in Andalucia.

There is also good climbing around Madrid. Specifically, I'd recommend La Cabrera and La Pedriza. I believe both are accessible by bus...

I hope that helps a bit.

gazhbo

Feb 18, 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #3 of 3 (909 views)
Shortcut

Re: Escaladores espanoles. escalada en espanol esta verano [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks, thats a great help. Good to know that I'm not the only non-spanish speaker who tries to read the spanish posts. I've also heard good things about Rodella, but I'm not sure that there are many routes in the easier grades.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook