overlord

Mar 11, 2006, 3:39 PM
Post #1 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

And so, I hope, an era ends
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4796470.stm

the former yugoslav president miloševič was found dead in hes cell.

boondock_saint

Mar 11, 2006, 4:04 PM
Post #2 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Re: And so, I hope, an era ends [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4796470.stm

the former yugoslav president miloševič was found dead in hes cell.

they say natural causes but I find it a little odd, a week after another convited serb leader is found dead having commited suicide.

wjca

Mar 12, 2006, 6:52 AM
Post #3 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had not realized his war crimes trial had been ongoing since 2002. WTF is that all about? A four-year trial, and still not conclusion? The war crimes tribunal needs to get their shit straight. By the way, I hope he suffered as much as possible. Even death by "natural causes", if that is in fact what happened, can be painful if you're left to suffer in a jail cell.

overlord

Mar 12, 2006, 9:12 AM
Post #4 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I had not realized his war crimes trial had been ongoing since 2002. WTF is that all about? A four-year trial, and still not conclusion? The war crimes tribunal needs to get their s--- straight. By the way, I hope he suffered as much as possible. Even death by "natural causes", if that is in fact what happened, can be painful if you're left to suffer in a jail cell.

well, they did meet about once every month :wink:

and though its bad karma, im with you on the suffering bit.

overlord

Mar 13, 2006, 6:52 PM
Post #5 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

update on the story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4801292.stm

wjca

Mar 13, 2006, 7:17 PM
Post #6 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
update on the story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4801292.stm

From the linked story:

In reply to:
Mr Milosevic's lawyer said he had asked Serbian authorities to allow the body to be returned to Belgrade for a funeral.

I think it would be more fitting to dump him in a ditch somewhere and kick some dust over the body. Maybe a little lye.

overlord

Mar 13, 2006, 8:03 PM
Post #7 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, at least he wont be burried where all other serbian leaders are.

and looks like hes wife wont get amnesty to visit the funeral :D

boondock_saint

Mar 13, 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #8 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think if you are on trial for 60 counts of crimes against humanity and genocide (I mean if it was 1 count I'd say maybe the guys innocent but 60 ... come on) you don't get any rights or privileges that normal humans do. Maybe it sounds messed up but I don't see why somewhone is a big enogh animal inside should be treated like a human being.

Throw him in a ditch somewhere, i agreee!

timstich

Mar 14, 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #9 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I heard the news on the radio this morning. Hopefully this will help close one of the many doors on that very aweful time.

thegreytradster

Mar 14, 2006, 4:47 AM
Post #10 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I had not realized his war crimes trial had been ongoing since 2002. WTF is that all about? A four-year trial, and still not conclusion? The war crimes tribunal needs to get their shit straight.

Rumor has it,

He died of boredom.

overlord

Mar 15, 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #11 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, looks like hell get something a bit better than a ditch that he deserves:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4807942.stm

boondock_saint

Mar 15, 2006, 4:57 PM
Post #12 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love how the Serbs are always like ... we'll I think all sides take some blame for this mess.

NO THEY FUCKING DON'T YOU C***NTS. You invaded our country and put our people in concentration camps because you were still pissed over what happened with croats during ww2 and even worse, what happened with the muslims over 500 years ago. The Serbs are all a bunch of god damn sociopaths. I'm not sure what else you can call someone who can be your best friend today and murder you tomorrow for non-existant reasons.

overlord

Mar 16, 2006, 2:17 PM
Post #13 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, if anybody wants to go piss on hes corpse, nows the time:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4811500.stm

anyway, most serbs i know are really cool people. its just their leadership that has (well, had, i hope) some strange ideas of a "great serbia" that would extend from the atlantic to the pacific.

in my experience, the croats are way more backstabbing (but thats just a generalization. i know a few croats that are really cool people as well, its just the case of a f*cked up government again).

boondock_saint

Mar 17, 2006, 12:32 AM
Post #14 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

are you friggin kidding me?

there's an old saying

take two serbs, treat one like family and lock the other in box. they will both kill you the same when they get the chance.

sure the croats and bosnian muslims did bad things of their own, but so do U.S. soldiers in Iraq and [insert] soldiers in [insert place of war]. The fucked up part is that serbs started all that shit and then it's like oh we all carry equal blame here . No we fucking don't! Are you out of your mind. They are the ones who moved all of Jugoslavias military onto their territory prior to the war. They are the ones who killed people by the thousands in Omarska, Trnopolje, Manjaca. They are the ones who systematically put women in rapecamps and brutilized them the the point where even Jeffry Dahmer would cringe.

No offense, but fuckin' slovenians don't know shit about the war. It never so much as touched you.

Now don't get me wrong, Croats are assholes - but if we're talking about the biggest atrocites commit during the 1990s, they aren't on that list.

and out of all the serbs that I (or my family) knew, which would be in the thousands, two turned out to be okay and actually helped us when we needed it.

Leadership doesn't make you slaughter your next door neighbors whom you've known for 20 years like they were pigs. Only a sick fucking race could do that in the name of something that happened over 500 years ago.

overlord

Mar 17, 2006, 8:22 AM
Post #15 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i wasnt arguing about who started the war. i just pointed out that the serbs are not the only ones with "balkan" mentality :wink:

as for the innocence of croats... ever heard of a little thing called operation thunderstorm (or whatever the english translation of uluja is)??

boondock_saint

Mar 17, 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #16 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i wasnt arguing about who started the war. i just pointed out that the serbs are not the only ones with "balkan" mentality :wink:

as for the innocence of croats... ever heard of a little thing called operation thunderstorm (or whatever the english translation of uluja is)??

uh yes they are (the ones with the fucked up mentality, not sure if i'd call it the balkan mentallity though). I don't think the croats started a war and genocide because of a 500 year old grudge. I don't give a shit about operation thunderstorm. As I said, bad stuff happened later on all three sides. That's gonna happen any time you put soldiers in combat situations.

You should have read my post more carefully.

It's pretty simple: Serbs started a war and commited the worst crimes against humanity since Hitler. There are no but's or if's here.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook