Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mikej

Mar 15, 2006, 4:22 PM
Post #26 of 28 (2628 views)
Shortcut

Re: How to improve at Sport [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
jammer:
You and me both! At 5'10", I weigh 144 lbs with no body fat (well ... maybe a start of the mid-age tire).

Way to go. Not many guys over 30 can claim that. My family is like that. Dad- 6' 145-150 with a small tire. Mom- 5'6 and 125 ish at the most she's ever weighed. other than walking they aren't really active. grandpa is about 150 or so @ 6' with a slightly bigger tire, but both still skinny.

In reply to:
naitch:
MikeJ wrote:
I'm 6'2 130 and i mostly boulder, but i do sport too. I just pulled off a v7, but my highest lead is a 5.11.

naitch: Damn, there goes that excuse! I'm 5-11 and weigh 130 and can't come close to bouldering V7 and am just starting to climb 5.10s (off course I'm 54 but that's no excuse either.) and yes endurance is a problem for me too.

Hmm...guess I just need to climb more...now if the job just didn't get in the way...
Kind of sad how jobs allow us to climb, but keep us from climbing at the same time.
Cruel Irony.
No need to compare yourself to anyone. Just keep your mind on learning and having a good time. That weekend and the one after, i was really on, then the next couple of weekends i was struggling on 4's and only sent one of them... what can ya do?

fearlessclimber

Mar 15, 2006, 6:08 PM
Post #27 of 28 (2628 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i ha dthe same problem on overhanging gym routes, i would get really pumped, what i di is not grip the holds to muc, just let your body wheight pull down, and also climb faster that way you dont waste energy.

cellardoor

Mar 15, 2006, 6:52 PM
Post #28 of 28 (2628 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dirt said
In reply to:
As an FB, (Former Boulderer) You should be ASHAMED to move to an inferior aspect of the sport. You should have taken up trad climbing.

Ah but how could i get up 5.11 trad if i can't get up 5.11 sport. One step at a time my friend.

In reply to:
Go watch some little girl who climbs V6 like it was nothing. Do what she does. If you can.

Lol, one time i was in bishop and connecting some moves on cholos (sp?) and then this like 12 yr old girl who was ripped came and sent it like nothing. I just had to keep trying and falling over and over. Was cool to watch her but she used entirely different moves than me so it's hard to learn from them.

Kalcario said
In reply to:
you basically need to throw everything you think you know about climbing out the window and start over.

I know, that's what i'm figuring out. This is much more of a mind game than bouldering. I know how to think through bouldering but this is a much different game and it's fun learning it.

Thanks guys for the advice. I think it's giving me a much better picture of what i should aim for and what the next several months should probably look like.

I like the idea of looking into books, i'll probably try and do that soon. As well as find someone who's stronger in sport to climb with. Now i just have to be patient and keep plugging away. But yeah thanks again.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook