Forums: Community: Campground:
Can gd Roc climber be a good Artist as well?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

miademus

Apr 1, 2006, 4:30 PM
Post #1 of 8 (214 views)
Shortcut

Can gd Roc climber be a good Artist as well?
Report this Post
Can't Post

To make it brighter, a climber who climbs for many years now,who goes out camping who climbs in very bad conditions and so on....this results a rough physical person with strong ids, can a person like that have soft feelings and creat sculptures play music ...etc. or what if a artist turns into roc climber? how about you guys? --i myself compose,do digital arts,sculptures and so on, i don't think at all that rock climbing decreases my passion it even grows me into new inspirations.

overlord

Apr 1, 2006, 4:34 PM
Post #2 of 8 (214 views)
Shortcut

Re: Can gd Roc climber be a good Artist as well? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well, pinktricam is an IMHO above average sculpturist, edge does wonders with wood and there are some great photographers on this site (and otherwise) that are climbers.

so, in a word, yes, a good climber can be a good artist.

Partner tattooed_climber

Apr 1, 2006, 4:37 PM
Post #3 of 8 (214 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i like to climb POS alpine and nasty OW and splitter cracks

me?artistic...sort of....i use to draw alot as a kid....but i do play the guitar...me and my best bro get together to make some blues now and then...

but i like to think of myself as more mechanically minded....no formal training and i've built my own truck from 3 dead toyotas....a year of steel fab and a few tickets in welding and i never went to trade school for any of them.....going to school soon for a machinist/CNC course

now dude, the questions you're asking has no definitive answer.....they all depend on the individual

theledge

Apr 1, 2006, 4:41 PM
Post #4 of 8 (214 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

One of my best friends is a great artist, and not only does he spend most of his time outside climbing and other things, but this lifestyle has provided a lot of his inspiration. I think that the art is the balance to the roughness in some people.

boondock_saint

Apr 1, 2006, 4:51 PM
Post #5 of 8 (214 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my first reply was going to be a sarcastic remark along the lines of ... no, the two are mutually exclusive.

upon reading your poast though, I kind of see what you're asking but you missed a crucial step in your thinking. most rock climbers have a great love for nature and the outdoors, so saying that we are rough pretains only to our ability to withstand severe conditions and push ourselves through all sorts of discomfort and pain. I don't think has any direct effect to what a person feels inside. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we love being outside party because of the images that surround us. Being an artist (to me) and I suppose according to Tolstoy, just means you want to be able to capture whatever you feel looking at something and convey it to others. I'm an artist (though I rarely get to pain or draw any more), I work as a graphic desinger, I play guitar and I've been trying to do more photography lately.

dirtineye

Apr 1, 2006, 4:51 PM
Post #6 of 8 (214 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You are proposing a false dichotomy.

chupa

Apr 1, 2006, 6:15 PM
Post #7 of 8 (214 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you look back through history a lot of the best artists suffered a lot for their work, in life or just had plain bad luck. Hardship tends to make people escape into their own minds and the true artists express those feelings in new imaginative ways. Climbing aint easy and any true epic can force an absolutely genius artistic breakthrough in the hands of a capable artist.

miademus

Apr 3, 2006, 4:46 AM
Post #8 of 8 (214 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That might be right, fact is that it all turn back to the persons creativety.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook