Premier Sponsor:

skibabeage
Deleted

Mar 30, 2006, 7:07 PM
Post #1 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by Administrator
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

Partner j_ung

Mar 30, 2006, 7:11 PM
Post #2 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Re: CO Public Land sale will CLOSE some FR climbing spots [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just put the Bozeman alert up, but there's no rule that says we can't have two front-page Access Alerts. Hold please...

Partner j_ung

Mar 30, 2006, 7:24 PM
Post #3 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Done.

krusher4

Mar 30, 2006, 7:41 PM
Post #4 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Heard about this a fews weeks ago. I will do anything I can!!! Bastards!!!

seanhabgood

Mar 30, 2006, 8:48 PM
Post #5 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The sad part is this is not going to help any one and we will lose more open space. Maybe if Bush would fund his no child left behind program this would not be need. The sad part the schools will most likely not even see the money form the sale.

Partner j_ung

Mar 31, 2006, 3:42 PM
Post #6 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jackflash posted this article, which now gives us an alternative to suggest in our correspondence to elected officials. I just wrote new letters.

http://us.cnn.com/...d.sale.ap/index.html

mikej

Mar 31, 2006, 6:57 PM
Post #7 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thats it, crank more money into schools, that will fix everything. Just look at californa! :lol: Hey J_ung, you got addy's for who to write about this bill and proposed alternative? I don't live in co, but I can legally harass someone anyways.

killclimbz

Mar 31, 2006, 7:09 PM
Post #8 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You know, it seems like everytime I turn around we have to fight for open space. Working on my letter today.

krusher4

Mar 31, 2006, 7:23 PM
Post #9 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think a long term program to fund schools so be thought about. Not just oh..wait we need $$$ oh lets sell some land???

josephgdawson

Mar 31, 2006, 8:14 PM
Post #10 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, this is Bush's fault, just like Hurrican Katrina was his fault. :lol: Bush is the one who is 'underfunding' schools. And God knows public schools, those exemplary institutions of learning, are just hurting for money. I'll bet Cheney and Halliburton have something to do with it and Karl Rove is orchestating the effort to sell crags to money hungry satanic caplitalists.:twisted:

If you dont like it, why dont you quit whining and buy the land yourself? No, no, better to whine on the internet and blame Bush for your problems.

mikej

Mar 31, 2006, 8:39 PM
Post #11 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Yes, this is Bush's fault, just like Hurrican Katrina was his fault. :lol: Bush is the one who is 'underfunding' schools. And God knows public schools, those exemplary institutions of learning, are just hurting for money. I'll bet Cheney and Halliburton have something to do with it and Karl Rove is orchestating the effort to sell crags to money hungry satanic caplitalists.:twisted:

If you dont like it, why dont you quit whining and buy the land yourself? No, no, better to whine on the internet and blame Bush for your problems.

um, yes, thanks for the,(I use this term loosely) advice.
P.s. Watch out for the black helicopters.

Partner j_ung

Mar 31, 2006, 9:52 PM
Post #12 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Oooooorrr... you could write the FS and your congresspeople, as the thread suggests. Here's the best I could do. I wrote one letter and emailed it to my Senators and rep.

http://www.webslingerz.com/.../congress-email.html

Some of those will give you email addies, some just direct you to a web page with a contact link. We all only have two senators and one rep. Get to writin'!

mikej

Mar 31, 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #13 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

awesome, thanks for the link.

tenesmus

Apr 1, 2006, 1:01 AM
Post #14 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

You sir, are a douchebag.

or a troll.

Our schools are underfunded. Our children suffer from it and our teachers suffer for it. Bush did create this un-funded mandate when he signed the NCLB. Cheney does have something to do with setting land policy - as does Karl Rove. If I could buy the land I would. I put my money where my mouth is when I paid my taxes.

I feel at this point in the conversation I need to reiterate the fact that you are a douchebag.

braaaaaaaadley

Apr 1, 2006, 1:51 AM
Post #15 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

It may not be Bushes fault, but Bush is spending the rest of the money on the war in Iraq... if Bush wanted to he could fund schools 4000+ times over with the amount he is spending in Iraq. And yes, Bush and his gang are not doing this land sale just to piss off us climbers, but with this quote you are succeding in being a total a**. And if I had the money, I would buy the land, but they are selling it in parcels so large only big businesses could afford it... so ask yourself these two questions: first when was the last time Bush went outside and enjoyed the land in which we live in and second, why is the Bush administration really selling these properties... is it to help poorly funded schools?... I think not. (sorry about the rant, but im slightly drunk and this quote really pissed me off).

collegekid

Apr 5, 2006, 3:08 AM
Post #16 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

T-0

shorty

Apr 5, 2006, 1:38 PM
Post #17 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
T-0
No, much higher than that. He reeled you in.

bobd1953

Apr 5, 2006, 3:09 PM
Post #18 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
collegekid wrote:
T-0

No, much higher than that. He reeled you in.

No Shorty, you got reel-in. Didn't you vote for Bush? :lol: :lol:

sharpie

Apr 18, 2006, 4:26 AM
Post #19 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

All for the incredibly low price of $2.66 per acre

reno

Apr 18, 2006, 5:17 AM
Post #20 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It may not be Bushes fault, but Bush is spending the rest of the money on the war in Iraq... if Bush wanted to he could fund schools 4000+ times over with the amount he is spending in Iraq.

Funding for public education has increased 174% since Bush took office.

Funding for the military has increased about 16%.

You ought to check your facts first, guy.

mhabicht

Apr 18, 2006, 5:24 AM
Post #21 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ahh Tax Day- when a young mans thoughts turn towards the government that serves him. I think we should blindly sell land to fund schools for a year. It would mean massive savings for me right? I mean its our land so we should get the money right? For every dollar sold of forest land my poperty tax should go down a dollar since that's how the schools are paid for. That's the plan right? oops.... nope sorry!

Keep in mind this is the same Forest Service that sells OUR trees and our coal at a loss. It is my understanding that the forest service spends more money building and maintaining roads for logging trucks then they get back from the trees they sell! Yet you have to pay an adventure pass to park on the side of the road that was built at a loss for logging just to go for a walk in the woods? WTF?!?!

This is the most foolish short sighted plan I have ever heard of- oh no that was the war in iraq. ACTUALLY, that was voting for Bush in the first place, boy was that a short sighted plan on behalf of 58million people.

Not a big fan of the current administration....

"Loyal to the country always- loyal to the government when it earns it." Sam Clemens

Lately they have NOT earned it.

-m

mhabicht

Apr 18, 2006, 5:53 AM
Post #22 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just want to check the facts about the 16% increase in military funding.... first where the HECK did you get those numbers of 174% and 16%?!?! Also I think you should know that "percent" does not mean SQUAT when you are talking about education and defense! Lets break it down into dollars not percent.

Education spending by the federal government is about 56 billion

Military spending in the US (DOD & HS) is 450+ billion for 2006

This does NOT include the over 400 billion spent in iraq in the last 3 years. So the military spending has gone up about 33% in reality (per year for the last 3 years) That is 530 BILLION in one year on war machines- or about 10 fold the education budget.

So even if the D.O.D. did increase the budget by 16% that increase alone is BIGGER than the ENTIRE education budget. SO- 16% of 450billion is 72 billion- thats 16 billion more than all of education (in federal dollars)!!! Even if your numbers are correct you just made a fool of yourself trying to compare the two. Silly boy- math is for.... well we dropped math from schools so I understand why you got that wrong.

We spend more in Iraq alone in federal dollars than we do in education every year. This is money that is NOT counted in any budget but just goes onto the national credit card to be dealt with later. ie by the kids we are not educating well!

Here is another waste of money-
We spend more federal dollars on interest payments for T-bills than we do on education every year. 350 Billion in interest alone every year (We owe over 8 trillion in debt right now that is $8,000,000,000,000.00 at about 3 percent per year.)

So how about we stop spending billions in Iraq for ONE year and nearly triple the education budget since bush thinks deficit spending is good why not spend it on education.

Clearly some people are swayed by percents and have given zero thought about what that actually means in real dollars. PLEASE THINK!

Just wanted to correct the numbers guy... or at least make his 16% versus 174% seem foolish!

Please dont argue with a guy who spends a small fortune on education every year- unless you are $100k in debt to the feds for your education you got nothing on me.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2006/tables.html

-michael

mikej

Apr 19, 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #23 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I SQUAT when you are talking about education! Lets break it down! fold the education budget.

So fool, compare the two. Silly math. we dropped math from schools so I understand why to spend more in Iraq. This is money that is NOT to be dealt with later!

Here is another waste of money- education.

So how about we stop spending billions on education.
Clearly some people have given zero thought about real dollars. PLEASE THINK!

Just wanted to seem foolish!

Please argue unless you got nothing on me.

-michael

Ah HAH! I can see your real angle! Note: this remake was soley meant for amusing myself and doesn't necessarily reflect the real attitude of the OP
:lol: just messin
Well, i had a point to make...
I don't think you can compare the cost of the two. I'm all for education and improving the quality, but comparing the dollar costs is pretty ridiculous. Plus we all know dumping more money into ed, doesn't mean better eductation, just look at california. Teachers and books will always cost less than tanks and aircraft carriers. Its like comparing your monthly budget for toilet paper vs. your monthly car expenses for gas, insurance, payments, etc... It just can't really match, unless you've got a bad case of giardia, or buying tp in the wrong place.

braaaaaaaadley

Apr 22, 2006, 2:08 AM
Post #24 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
It may not be Bushes fault, but Bush is spending the rest of the money on the war in Iraq... if Bush wanted to he could fund schools 4000+ times over with the amount he is spending in Iraq.

Yes, but the funding for defense in 2005 alone was 401.7 billion dollars, a 35% increase since 2001. Education on the other hand only recieved 57.3 billion dollars. You think the government could perhaps spare just 1 billion dollars from the defense budget and make it an even 400 billion for defense and keep the forests and have better education to poor children. :D

braaaaaaaadley

Apr 22, 2006, 2:11 AM
Post #25 of 25 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Yes, but the funding for defense in 2005 alone was 401.7 billion dollars, a 35% increase since 2001. Education on the other hand only recieved 57.3 billion dollars. You think the government could perhaps spare just 1 billion dollars from the defense budget and make it an even 400 billion for defense and keep the forests and have better education to poor children. :D

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook