Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Magnolia Boulders Development - 39 Houses Planned
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

trenchdigger

May 2, 2006, 3:17 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1060 views)
Shortcut

Magnolia Boulders Development - 39 Houses Planned  (North_America: United_States: California: San_Diego_County: Magnolia_Boulders)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I received a notice of availability of a Draft Environmental Impact Report for a new development going in near my house. It just so happens that the development is on the land where the Magnolia Boulders are found. The project description indicates that 39 single family dwellings will be built, along with 79 acres of dedicated open space preservation, a public trail easement, and water, sewer, and road facilities.

The area has been posted with "No Trespassing" signs for a few years. I hope that some of the "Open Space Preservation" area will include some of the boulders and that climbing may be allowed again. If you're interested in viewing or commenting on the development, the document below indicates how and where to do this.

While the Magnolia Boulders are/were never as popular as the Santee Boulders, the recent acquisition of all of the Santee Boulders area by a single developer has me worried. I WOULD EXPECT SOMETHING SIMILAR (OR WORSE) TO BE COMING TO THE SANTEE BOULDERS IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Keep your eyes and ears open...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...p.cgi?Detailed=72964

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook