Apr 28, 2006, 8:07 PM
Post #26 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Re: United 93 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
to remind us this war is still going on

This war will always go on. Welcome to 1984.

pinktricam

Apr 28, 2006, 8:13 PM
Post #27 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
This war will always go on.
EXACTLY!

boondock_saint

Apr 28, 2006, 8:22 PM
Post #28 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
EXACTLY!

no no no you don't understand

whether or not there is an actual enemy or a threat, this war will go on forever. or it could go on forever. right now it benefits the administration greatly so it will certainly be a war that must be fought to the least drop of blood (or some noble shit like that). I mean what would Bush talk about if he didn't have iraq, terrorism & the axis of evil? nothiing. his entire presidency can summed up with one world: nothing.

pinktricam

Apr 28, 2006, 8:30 PM
Post #29 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just curious, B_S, do you think there's an actual enemy threat?

thorne
Deleted

Apr 28, 2006, 8:31 PM
Post #30 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
EXACTLY!

whether or not there is an actual enemy or a threat, this war will go on forever. or it could go on forever. right now it benefits the administration greatly so it will certainly be a war that must be fought to the least drop of blood (or some noble s--- like that). I mean what would Bush talk about if he didn't have iraq, terrorism & the axis of evil? nothiing. his entire presidency can summed up with one world: nothing.

With such compelling insightfulness, you should work for a thinktank. :wink:

wjca

Apr 28, 2006, 8:33 PM
Post #31 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
EXACTLY!

whether or not there is an actual enemy or a threat, this war will go on forever. or it could go on forever. right now it benefits the administration greatly so it will certainly be a war that must be fought to the least drop of blood (or some noble s--- like that). I mean what would Bush talk about if he didn't have iraq, terrorism & the axis of evil? nothiing. his entire presidency can summed up with one world: nothing.

Was this a typo? Did you mean "last drop" of blood? If you meant "least", then I don't understand.

thorne
Deleted

Apr 28, 2006, 8:42 PM
Post #32 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Was this a typo? Did you mean "last drop" of blood? If you meant "least", then I don't understand.

Get back to finding minor (but oh so important) changes in those 30 page retail leases.

pinktricam

May 7, 2006, 7:58 PM
Post #33 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay, I finally went to see United 93 this afternoon.

My initial thoughts were that yes, it may be too soon for a film about this tragedy and that yes, it may possibly be in poor taste, however, after seeing it I have to say that none of those issues could be farther from the truth.

I found the movie to be well executed and tasteful, without any of the potential for emotional manipulation overtly carried out. It put you in that airplane and not only in the minds of the victims but in the minds, so to speak, of the hijackers. The film was emotionally gripping without being overly exhausting.

Although everyone knows how the story ends, you will still find yourself rooting until the final moment for the selfless bravery of the men and women that confronted the enemy and thwarted yet more disaster upon this nation's Capitol.

(To me) It also reinforces the fact that there is indeed a war on and the enemy we face in this war is willing to go to unconventional extremes to wreak havoc upon and within our American way of life and those symbols of Western Democracy that are held dear.

As the movie goers quietly filed out, I was reminded of the somber aura that usually surrounds a funeral procession. It came across to me as a sign of profound respect...and possibly, the introspection that this powerful movie was able to evoke.

rufusandcompany

May 7, 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #34 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Okay, I finally went to see United 93 this afternoon.

My initial thoughts were that yes, it may be too soon for a film about this tragedy and that yes, it may possibly be in poor taste, however, after seeing it I have to say that none of those issues could be farther from the truth.

I found the movie to be well executed and tasteful, without any of the potential for emotional manipulation overtly carried out. It put you in that airplane and not only in the minds of the victims but in the minds, so to speak, of the hijackers. The film was emotionally gripping without being overly exhausting.

Although everyone knows how the story ends, you will still find yourself rooting until the final moment for the selfless bravery of the men and women that confronted the enemy and thwarted yet more disaster upon this nation's Capitol.

(To me) It also reinforces the fact that there is indeed a war on and the enemy we face in this war is willing to go to unconventional extremes to wreak havoc upon and within our American way of life and those symbols of Western Democracy that are held dear.

As the movie goers quietly filed out, I was reminded of the somber aura that usually surrounds a funeral procession. It came across to me as a sign of profound respect...and possibly, the introspection that this powerful movie was able to evoke.

I can see that you like nice, neat, little packages.

remi

May 8, 2006, 3:39 AM
Post #35 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't see a problem with making a movie about these events. It's all part of the dialogue, it's not like you can shunt those events away and never discuss them again. From all I've heard it's actually supposed to be a decent movie too....

Good luck with that war on terrorism thing too :roll: try not to break too much shit while you're at it.

thorne
Deleted

May 8, 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #36 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

What did you think of the movie?

pinktricam

May 8, 2006, 6:53 PM
Post #37 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

You know RAC, he's above that.

pinktricam

May 8, 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #38 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Good luck with that war on terrorism thing too :roll: try not to break too much s--- while you're at it.
Wouldn't be too glib remster, after all the front in this war...

could...
http://www.dfat.gov.au/...terrorism_img_36.jpg

be...
http://images.google.com/...bombing-large-01.jpg

anywhere...
http://www.digitaltechnews.com/...ondon_bombings_1.jpg

rainontin

May 10, 2006, 1:37 AM
Post #39 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Not spending 8 dollars to go see movie.

Then again, there's always a matinee.

Remember though that "freedom isn't free." How the fuck else are we supposed to buy freedom besides taxes and movie tickets and dead soldiers?

rufusandcompany

May 10, 2006, 4:14 PM
Post #40 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I thought it did a very good job of depicting what is "publicly" known about the event. His in-the-moment and non-Hollywood style depiction of the events was respectful and refreshing.

My problem with the film has nothing to do with the film, per se. It has more to do with the reality that there are still so many unanswered questions about what actually happened. In that respect, the film might have been a bit premature. Time will tell.

Thorne,

I think you misinterpreted my comment to PTC. That's no surprise, as your MO appears to be to discredit everything that I say. Therefore, I will leave it to you to figure out what I really meant by my comment to him.

thorne
Deleted

May 10, 2006, 4:36 PM
Post #41 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

I thought it did a very good job of depicting what is "publicly" known about the event. His in-the-moment and non-Hollywood style depiction of the events was respectful and refreshing.

My problem with the film has nothing to do with the film, per se. It has more to do with the reality that there are still so many unanswered questions about what actually happened. In that respect, the film might have been a bit premature. Time will tell.
It's good to have critiques from people who've actually seen the film. I'm right in assuming you seen it, right?

In reply to:
Thorne,

I think you misinterpreted my comment to PTC. That's no surprise, as your MO appears to be to discredit everything that I say. Therefore, I will leave it to you to figure out what I really meant by my comment to him.
All this from "What did you think of the movie?" WOW :shock:

rufusandcompany

May 10, 2006, 5:07 PM
Post #42 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It's good to have critiques from people who've actually seen the film. I'm right in assuming you seen it, right?

Figure it out, genius.

pinktricam

May 10, 2006, 5:11 PM
Post #43 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Now, now, boys....you've got your very own special thread to go and play in :D

thorne
Deleted

May 10, 2006, 7:11 PM
Post #44 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Figure it out, genius.
:roll:

rufusandcompany

May 10, 2006, 7:20 PM
Post #45 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Figure it out, genius.

A little short on words, Thorne? The mirror tells a sobering story - doesn't it?

thorne
Deleted

May 10, 2006, 7:42 PM
Post #46 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Figure it out, genius.

A little short on words, Thorne?
What's the point? You don't seem inclined to answer a simple yes or no question.

In reply to:
The mirror tells an sobering story - doesn't it?
Here's a movie more your speed -
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/...ion._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
My niece told me about it. :wink:

rufusandcompany

May 10, 2006, 9:56 PM
Post #47 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
What's the point? You don't seem inclined to answer a simple yes or no question.

With you, a simple yes or no asnwer is pointless, because you would try to discredit it, anyway.

thorne
Deleted

May 11, 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #48 of 48 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

With you, a simple yes or no asnwer is pointless, because you would try to discredit it, anyway.

You seem pretty paranoid these days.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook