rhaig

May 31, 2006, 6:38 PM
Post #26 of 32 (881 views)
Shortcut

Re: starbucks and dudes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The actual coffee beans make up just 5 percent of the cost of a cup of coffee. All the ingredients and the materials (cup, lid) make up just 20 percent of what you pay.

So when you pay $4.00 for your morning mocha, know that you could have the same at home and save $3.20... which equals more than $1100.00 annually.

Enjoy. :D

I have a little italian espresso pot that I typically use for my morning jolt. It brews 6 shots of espresso and that gets me going pretty well. (one of these http://www.amazon.com/...F8&v=glance&n=284507)

gene723

May 31, 2006, 9:41 PM
Post #27 of 32 (881 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I go to the coffee shop by my office and order a "double macchiato", and get a double macchiato (a shot of espresso and a dollop of milk foam). I go to starbucks and order a "double macchiato" and get this caramel sickly sweet concotion that I didn't ask for.

The person who gave you that drink is a moron. Starbucks hires a few of those sometimes, most of us are competent though. If every anything is wrong with your order at Starbucks, return it. If you are spending $4 on a coffee you BETTER get what you want.

dev

I love the coffee but I don't like the corporation. Do you love your coporate masters?

oopps

Jun 1, 2006, 1:14 AM
Post #28 of 32 (881 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The coffee is alright, if you get only coffee (black). Almost everything else on the menu is disgustingly sweet or has WAY to much cream in it. And why is it in America you can't get a small size (or, in Starbucks vernacular "short")?

I REALLY should be studying now... exams in three hours.

granite_grrl

Jun 1, 2006, 1:45 AM
Post #29 of 32 (881 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As a Canadian who's spent a bunch of time working across the boarder I noticed the same thing about the size of drinks in the states. The size of their smalls are generally the size of a medium in Canada.

oopps

Jun 1, 2006, 2:07 AM
Post #30 of 32 (881 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
As a Canadian who's spent a bunch of time working across the boarder I noticed the same thing about the size of drinks in the states. The size of their smalls are generally the size of a medium in Canada.

That seems to apply not just to coffee, but to food in general. When I eat out on the increasingly more frequent occasions I go to the states (8 days until I go again - Colorado this time), I find that the meals they serve are about a days worth of food for me. And the soft drink sizes are just :shock: .

jcrew

Jun 1, 2006, 7:55 PM
Post #31 of 32 (881 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
... which equals more than $1100.00 annually.

Enjoy. :D

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
If you are spending $4 on a coffee you BETTER get what you want.

If you're spending four dollars on a cup of coffee, chances are that you are too stupid to know better.

one more time!!!!

it bears repeating!!

price of a froofroo drink a starbucks---$4..........new clothes--$300 ........haircut---$35......pack of big red $.25.....

....chance to pose down and flirt with coffee shop girls............Priceless

rufusandcompany

Jun 1, 2006, 9:21 PM
Post #32 of 32 (881 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
price of a froofroo drink a starbucks---$4..........new clothes--$300 ........haircut---$35......pack of big red $.25.....

....chance to pose down and flirt with coffee shop girls............Priceless

Yup... The name suits you.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook