RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

krab09

Jun 3, 2006, 5:10 PM
Post #1 of 3 (591 views)
Shortcut

Bouldering in Central Park
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have heard there is some cool bouldering in central park, anyone have any insight on this please hit me up with some details? Thanks :)

cragclimber_99

Jun 3, 2006, 5:38 PM
Post #2 of 3 (589 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bouldering in Central Park [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It sucks!! I went last year maybe the year before. I had heard it was pretty cool as well, I was anything but impressed. The rock is polished sharp covered in bum piss and pigeon poop, bum poo too and all the smells that come with it. The landings were littered with broken glass and little kids wondering what your doing. I was very dissapointed especially after carrying around all my stuff the entire day because of course nobody had a car and they still wanted to do the tourist bit. There could be some other rock that I didnt find but I tried several places and all were the same, so I just gave up. My opinoin.... save your day in the city to do the tourist thing. If possible take another day and go to the Gunks. We did find a car for that, if I recall there was a train then a shuttle that will get you to the Gunks for the day.

Jay

feedmerocks

Jun 3, 2006, 7:20 PM
Post #3 of 3 (589 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bouldering in Central Park [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The bouldering is a bit spread out around the park. Rat Rock (or was that Cat Rock? the one by the baseball fields near the SW loop) has just a couple of problems in my range, V0-V2... I can boulder some problems up to V4 but the rest is probably harder than V4.

All the info you need is here:
http://www.climbnyc.com/boulder/index.html

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook