RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

landgolier

Jun 23, 2006, 4:16 PM
Post #1 of 4 (967 views)
Shortcut

Bloomington/Hoosier Heights, need partner
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Title 'bout says it all, looking for someone to swap belays with while there, and maybe get up some weekend trips. I've been climbing for years, I'm not going to drop you or spray you with n00beta, but I've been living in chicago and not climbing much so my contact strength is back down to 5.9 levels. Don't mind belaying above or below that, happy to teach you if you're a bit new as well. Not really interested in putting wear and tear on my ropes leading indoors, but willing to lead belay (and do a better job of it than some of what I've seen there).

PM me here, or if you're there I'm a 6' tall guy in red shoes with a goatee and a tan chalk bag with some stars and crap on it that I think are supposed to look like old tatoos. Got that silly bag free with a gear sling, laughed at how ugly it was, and then promptly lost my other bag. I also put a note by my name when I sign in if I'm there alone, but nobody else seems to do that here.

If anybody wants to go sweat their ass off some weekend in July at the Red or Jackson falls, I'm down as well. Trad or sport, but probably sticking to the moderates until I get a little stronger again.

ericg

Jun 23, 2006, 5:10 PM
Post #2 of 4 (967 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bloomington/Hoosier Heights, need partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

there are lots of super nice people there who are happy to belay in exchange for the same. Mpst people who climb there go to the Gorge because it is closer than Jackson Falls. There are also lots of people who go down to the Red just about every weekend so it usually isn't hard to find someone who is going down.

landgolier

Jun 23, 2006, 5:27 PM
Post #3 of 4 (967 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe, but the times I've been there people seem to pretty much come with their partners. I guess I'll be a little more aggressive about asking around.

It does seem like everybody goes to the Red, but it's kind of weird, if J-falls is farther it's only by like 20 minutes or something. I guess that's just kind of where the scene is. The red is much bigger and all, but it seems like people would mix it up more than they do.

ericg

Jun 23, 2006, 6:18 PM
Post #4 of 4 (967 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

it takes about 4 hours to get to jackson falls and 3.5 or less for the gorge. The gorge is highway the whole way and goes by pretty fast. I think the routes at J-fall are just as good as the routes in the red, but there are about 2000 routes in the gorge and 300 at j-fall.

I am usually there thursday nights and would be happy to give you a catch. Look for the tall red-head guy who is probably bouldering. See my username for my name :)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook