Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Partner tgreene

Jul 14, 2006, 12:13 AM
Post #26 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Re: What's the Point? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
He's just a weak tard noob that probably spends all his time posting on RC.com. Or maybe he wanted the pictures of him on some .12c to impress his weak-sending girlfriend. Either way, he's a pansy, and he shouldn't be allowed to climb if he can't float .12c

Steve
Hey man, Teddyp324 is the 5th best climber in Division-5 out of 5 and he even climbs with a broken neck and totes his emotional baggage with a haul line, so you leave him the fuck alone right now, or I'm telling him and he'll sue you you'll see... An, and, and if you're not careful, he's even liable to rap you upside the head with a tampon!!!!!!123 :evil:

slablizard

Jul 14, 2006, 12:14 AM
Post #27 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok maybe I'm a little biased about your posts...must be all the sport clipping.
HARD sport starts at 7b, that doesn't mean a hard sustained 7a is a trad climb ;)

In reply to:
In reply to:
Are you Steve McClure?

Are you capable of making coherent sense?

And please don't top post.

zeke_sf

Jul 14, 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #28 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
12c is pretty hard, especially in a face route.

Wrong. Sport climbing begins at 12c.

I'm going to have to agree with fracture on this one. McClure's piece was written june 7 '04 and I have known about and agreed with this concept for several years prior to that. "Sport climbing begins at 12c"

Wow, two other people said something you agree with. Must be true. So, you can climb pretty hard. You probably weigh 130 lbs and live in van by the crag. If I weighed 130 lbs and lived in a van down by the crag I'd be climbing 5.14. True story. This was written on July 13 '06.

erisspirit

Jul 14, 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #29 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
He's just a weak tard noob that probably spends all his time posting on RC.com. Or maybe he wanted the pictures of him on some .12c to impress his weak-sending girlfriend. Either way, he's a pansy, and he shouldn't be allowed to climb if he can't float .12c

Steve
Hey man, Teddyp324 is the 5th best climber in Division-5 out of 5 and he even climbs with a broken neck and totes his emotional baggage with a haul line, so you leave him the f--- alone right now, or I'm telling him and he'll sue you you'll see... An, and, and if you're not careful, he's even liable to rap you upside the head with a tampon!!!!!!123 :evil:

:lol: I wish I could rate posts today

jt512

Jul 14, 2006, 2:01 AM
Post #30 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

I'm going to have to agree with fracture on this one. McClure's piece was written june 7 '04 and I have known about and agreed with this concept for several years prior to that. "Sport climbing begins at 12c"

Wow, two other people said something you agree with. Must be true. So, you can climb pretty hard. You probably weigh 130 lbs and live in van by the crag. If I weighed 130 lbs and lived in a van down by the crag I'd be climbing 5.14. True story. This was written on July 13 '06.

I love these posts that try to imply that someone who sets goals and works hard to attain them is somehow morally inferior to those who perfer to remain lazy and mediocre.

Jay

rainontin

Jul 14, 2006, 2:08 AM
Post #31 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
HARD sport starts at 7b

I always thought HARD sport starts at 8a.

climbsomething

Jul 14, 2006, 2:17 AM
Post #32 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

WRONG YOU ARE.

It's a 4Runner (I think) and I'd say Jack is about 150.

jt512

Jul 14, 2006, 2:26 AM
Post #33 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

WRONG YOU ARE.

It's a 4Runner (I think)...

The vehicle in question, parked at the crag...

http://annak.smugmug.com/photos/80920758-L.jpg

climbsomething

Jul 14, 2006, 2:33 AM
Post #34 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

^^^ HA! Sweet.

shockabuku

Jul 14, 2006, 3:42 AM
Post #35 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Steve
Hey man, Teddyp324 is the 5th best climber in Division-5 out of 5 and he even climbs with a broken neck and totes his emotional baggage with a haul line, so you leave him the f--- alone right now, or I'm telling him and he'll sue you you'll see... An, and, and if you're not careful, he's even liable to rap you upside the head with a tampon!!!!!!123 :evil:

:lol: I wish I could rate posts today

Ha! Got it for you.

Bill.

zeke_sf

Jul 14, 2006, 3:43 AM
Post #36 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

WRONG YOU ARE.

It's a 4Runner (I think) and I'd say Jack is about 150.

OK, well I have about 20-25 on him, and because of genetics, there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Jay says I'm lazy and mediocre. Mediocre may be true, but I KNOW for a fact I work WAY harder than many people who climb harder than me. Having that slight climber's build (just look at the average climber statistics thread) is almost a prerequisite to the harder grades. I don't have it. Again, thanks to the hyper-gravity training I've been doing, if I magically dropped down to 130 lbs, I would send any one of your hardest projects with aplomb :lol: . I'm sure Jack's a cool guy, his comment just smacked of elitism is all. You elite climbers can keep spewing bile and pissing your territoriality on the climbing post, but I'll still be that A-hole who showed up at the crag when you thought you'd have it to yourself. I'll be X climbing (because I guess I'm not even sport climbing anymore) something there you don't even consider a warmup. Excuse me if I don't show the proper amount of hero worship to guys pissed off they couldn't quite secure a sponsorship or whatever passes for an ego-stroke in your joyless world. Zeke out.

tripperjm

Jul 14, 2006, 8:39 AM
Post #37 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

WRONG YOU ARE.

It's a 4Runner (I think)...

The vehicle in question, parked at the crag...

http://annak.smugmug.com/photos/80920758-L.jpg

BWHAHAHAHA!!!1

I can't believe you posted a picture of my rig! It sure is dirty and people keep using it as a message board. lol

and Zeke, I don't remember stating how hard I climb?

In reply to:
OK, well I have about 20-25 on him, and because of genetics, there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Jay says I'm lazy and mediocre. Mediocre may be true, but I KNOW for a fact I work WAY harder than many people who climb harder than me. Having that slight climber's build (just look at the average climber statistics thread) is almost a prerequisite to the harder grades. I don't have it. Again, thanks to the hyper-gravity training I've been doing, if I magically dropped down to 130 lbs, I would send any one of your hardest projects with aplomb :lol: .

I could barely finish reading this without a tear comming to my eye. There are lots of factors that go into climbing hard... but all I heard in your post was blah blah blah..., I don't want to do what it takes.

In reply to:
I'm sure Jack's a cool guy, his comment just smacked of elitism is all. You elite climbers can keep spewing bile and pissing your territoriality on the climbing post, but I'll still be that A-hole who showed up at the crag when you thought you'd have it to yourself. I'll be X climbing (because I guess I'm not even sport climbing anymore) something there you don't even consider a warmup. Excuse me if I don't show the proper amount of hero worship to guys pissed off they couldn't quite secure a sponsorship or whatever passes for an ego-stroke in your joyless world. Zeke out.

I didn't realize confirming common knowledge among serious sport climbers was going to trouble you so much. Maybe you should get out a little more?

I'll break it down for you, if you think you can handle the truth. Hard 11's and easy 12's are warm ups.(or just skipped alltogether) Sport climbing begins at 12c. Hard sport starts at 8a.

Don't hate the messager just cause you don't like the message.... and I am a "cool guy", I just don't candycoat my words so sissies can swallow it. Sorry.

just don't tell my sponsors I'm a ego driven elitist prick.... well... I guess they know it already. HAHA!!!1

zeke_sf

Jul 14, 2006, 5:10 PM
Post #38 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I could barely finish reading this without a tear comming to my eye. There are lots of factors that go into climbing hard... but all I heard in your post was blah blah blah..., I don't want to do what it takes.

I didn't realize confirming common knowledge among serious sport climbers was going to trouble you so much. Maybe you should get out a little more?

I'll break it down for you, if you think you can handle the truth. Hard 11's and easy 12's are warm ups.(or just skipped alltogether) Sport climbing begins at 12c. Hard sport starts at 8a.

Don't hate the messager just cause you don't like the message.... and I am a "cool guy", I just don't candycoat my words so sissies can swallow it. Sorry.

just don't tell my sponsors I'm a ego driven elitist prick.... well... I guess they know it already. HAHA!!!1

It's all good, I'm of drinking age now :) . I know there are many factors besides strength/weight to climbing harder, but are you going to tell me something as idiotical "it's not an advantage to be tall as a basketball player" or "sumo wrestlers are often skinny"? There are outliers in every sport, sure, but there are certain god-givens that everybody starts with. I like climbing because it frustrates the hell out of me (I guess that's why I post to this forum too), and I think the cool thing is the level that challenges a person can be from VO to VBadmonkey. So, you go out there, you hobbit-sized man, and start playing basketball a whole lot, and when you don't turn pro at that I'll be there to pat your back and say, "blah blah blah...I guess you don't want to do what it takes."

zeke_sf

Jul 14, 2006, 5:43 PM
Post #39 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
and Zeke, I don't remember stating how hard I climb?

Oh yeah, Routes Database, right?

You can check mine and confirm I don't even rate your warm-ups. Again, it's all good, I'm pretty aware what goes in the serious sport climbing world. How could I not be with all the spray? I appreciate the level of work and determination it takes for anybody to excel as you have. It's obviously the consuming passion and defining characteristic of your life, so a little knee-jerk reaction should be expected. Awwww....friends? Probably not. I know some 5.13 moves on the guitar. Wrong forum?

caughtinside

Jul 14, 2006, 5:56 PM
Post #40 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It's all good, I'm of drinking age now :) . I know there are many factors besides strength/weight to climbing harder, but are you going to tell me something as idiotical "it's not an advantage to be tall as a basketball player" or "sumo wrestlers are often skinny"? There are outliers in every sport, sure, but there are certain god-givens that everybody starts with. I like climbing because it frustrates the hell out of me (I guess that's why I post to this forum too), and I think the cool thing is the level that challenges a person can be from VO to VBadmonkey. So, you go out there, you hobbit-sized man, and start playing basketball a whole lot, and when you don't turn pro at that I'll be there to pat your back and say, "blah blah blah...I guess you don't want to do what it takes."

Yo zeke,

If you're already coming up with reasons why 'you'll never be good' your defeatist attitude will doom you. Certain god givens? It's my belief that most people with a modest amount of talent, who are height/weight proportional can climb .12+ if they work at it, and are willing to do what it takes.

That may involve actually thinking critically of your climbing, and focusing on what you need to do to get stronger and move better. And training accordingly.

Alternatively, you can just go out and 'have fun' and not focus on being a better climber. And then slag better climbers when they post on the net about hard climbs, and be largely ignored. That'll make you feel better!

Go out and work a project. Something hard for you. I think you'll be amazed at how much you can accomplish if you're willing to dog and work a route. I've always been amazed after my hardest redpoints about how good I felt, how I thought I could climb even harder.

zeke_sf

Jul 14, 2006, 6:06 PM
Post #41 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="caughtinside"]
In reply to:
If you're already coming up with reasons why 'you'll never be good' your defeatist attitude will doom you. Certain god givens? It's my belief that most people with a modest amount of talent, who are height/weight proportional can climb .12+ if they work at it, and are willing to do what it takes.

"already coming up with reasons"? I've been doing this for years, baby! Nah, you're right. It's a pretty weak argument. I think I MAY get to that 12+ level one of these days, and I do try to examine my climbing critically and adapt my training (although I'm in a little lull right now). I have nothing against harder climbers, it's just the jocky attitude that riles me. It's weird how you don't see this at the crags, and yet you sit down to your computer and see these scumbag pronouncements from on high everywhere. Like I said, I'm a pretty good musician, but I don't unzip and start pissing on a beginner's hands when they're screwing up "Stairway" or something :lol: ! You are a still a semi-helpful person caughtinside, you must not be climbing to your true potential.

caughtinside

Jul 14, 2006, 6:17 PM
Post #42 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You are a still a semi-helpful person caughtinside, you must not be climbing to your true potential.

hahaha. It's true. I haven't redpointed .12 in almost a year, and I've been almost exclusively trad climbing. You know, soft climbing gear wankerey.

But make no mistake! The best climber is NOT the one having the most fun.

bustloose

Jul 14, 2006, 6:21 PM
Post #43 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In general though, you should be able to do pretty much all of the moves almost right away, otherwise you don't have much hope of sending in this season.

I never realized this. I wish someone would have told me I'm suppose to stop trying if I can't do the moves right away.

i realize that i might be a bit late responding to such a 'beautiful flame" (WTF?) but in all seriousness, people, take a reality check... i said "you should be able to do pretty much all of the moves almost right away". Not, "you should be able to wander up it first try".
If you can't do the 'easy moves' on 12c, how the hell are you going to get through the crux, let alone link the thing? it sounded from the OP's comments that the guy could barely do ANY of the moves... time to 'stop trying' untill you're at least in the vicinity of the grade...

crazygirl

Jul 14, 2006, 6:28 PM
Post #44 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

and if you can't do most of the moves right away, your local climbing comitee will be notified, which will result in a fine, not to exceed $100

zeke_sf

Jul 14, 2006, 6:31 PM
Post #45 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
But make no mistake! The best climber is NOT the one having the most fun.

Oh, I've definitely learned that lesson. It's too bad. I guess you've got to drive out the image of papa touching your bad place by completely focusing on one task :lol:. Not that I condone or think that activity is funny.

I'm thinking about getting into gear wankery myself in the next year. That way I can get on both sides of at least 1/2 the stupid arguments on this forum. The other 1/2 I'll have to get into the old-fashioned way.

crazygirl

Jul 14, 2006, 6:37 PM
Post #46 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

seriously, the original poster asked a valid question:
is there a point in trying to climb something above one's head?

i would imagine that everyone had a different view as far as what helps their training. of course, my view is the only correct one. i think it really does help your training to get on harder climbs.

now, we dont know what this person's motivation was, we can only speculate and provide well formulated, mature opinions :wink: . only he could have answered it.

jt512

Jul 14, 2006, 6:38 PM
Post #47 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
You are a still a semi-helpful person caughtinside, you must not be climbing to your true potential.

hahaha. It's true. I haven't redpointed .12 in almost a year, and I've been almost exclusively trad climbing.

But I'll bet your calves are getting strong!

Jay

jt512

Jul 14, 2006, 6:42 PM
Post #48 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

T-15+

zeke_sf

Jul 14, 2006, 6:45 PM
Post #49 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
we can only speculate and provide well formulated, mature opinions :wink: .

:lol: you are very funny, crazygirl. going on topic for the first time: who cares if the guy was in over his head? the OP wasn't waiting for the climb, and the guy didn't hurt himself. no harm, no foul--unless, of course, you're tripperjm playing basketball :D

flipnfall

Jul 14, 2006, 6:57 PM
Post #50 of 53 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So why do we have to criticize this person again? Who among us hasn’t talked our own selves up more than we should? I remember when I first started I was saying I could climb 5.10 when I was barely climbing 5.6.

I also remember trying climbs just to see if I could do them only to have people laugh at me. What point does this prove? It doesn’t prove anything but that the one criticizing is immature.

Live and let live!

GT

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook