RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

wbrinkley1983

Jul 24, 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #1 of 2 (470 views)
Shortcut

beginner looking for someone to show tips at hueco tanks
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

im located in el paso near hueco tanks. im new to bouldering but i have gear. i would really like some tips on inverts....well anything would be helpful. i go to hueco every weekend. anyone going out there anytime soon that wouldnt mind me tagging along to watch and learn?

westtexasrocker

Jul 24, 2006, 1:47 PM
Post #2 of 2 (470 views)
Shortcut

Re: beginner looking for someone to show tips at hueco tanks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well living near a world class climbing spot isn't a bad start, but if you can't find someone to help you out personally, you can always watch (closely) to as many videos, mpg clips,etc. I was in the same position as you (and many before us) and just watching and studying other people is VERY helpful. Don't be shy either......you will find that MOST "older" climbers (30yrs.+) are over the "I'm to cool thing" and are more than willing to talk about climbing and answer any questions you might have or even let ya tag along. Just be nice, polite, LISTEN, etc. and you'll probably make a great new climbing buddy.

Rob - WestTexasRocker
San Angelo,Tx.
Former Hueco climber circa 1998
and 40 yr. old climber

p.s. I'm sure there is younger climbers out there willing to help too, it just seems older clmbers are more patient with noobs and aren't trying to impress their buddies anymore, lol.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook