RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

lewisiarediviva

Jul 8, 2006, 5:24 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1156 views)
Shortcut

Stopping PMS
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Despite all my comments in Feminine Protection I am very open to ideas. So my question is:

If I take "the shot" or "the pill" (while skipping the placebo's) will I lose not only the menstrual flow but the back ache, cramps, moody evening, and low energy level as well?

acacongua

Jul 10, 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1156 views)
Shortcut

Re: Stopping PMS [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Medical questions like this should be directed to your doctor, especially if you're taking a pill that is strong. Your body may need that one-week break from it and if you don't give it, you'll suffer some consequences.

tradgal

Jul 12, 2006, 4:23 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1156 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am no doctor. And, it has been years since I have done this. But, when I was backpacking a lot in college I use to skip the placebo week in my pill pack. My period disappeared, no bloating, cramps, fatigue.

My doctor at the time had recommended doing it...though in 3-4 month intervals. Basically you are tricking your body into thinking you are pregnant for a couple months. I had no ill side effects. But, talk to your doctor, as everyone is different.

Nowadays, there are birth control pills that regulate this for you...Seasonale...
http://www.seasonale.com/

I think it allows you to only have 4 periods a month (though I could be wrong).

Good luck

bribak

Jul 13, 2006, 12:25 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1156 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I took Seasaonale for three years and never had a problem with it. I highly recommend it. I have dysmennorhea (sp?) I get cramps so bad, there is no way I can go to school let alone get out of bed and function. I get my meds from the clinic at school and they offer free birth control but Seasonale wasn't on the list of the free ones. THe doctor recommended to just take generic birth control, but to skip the placebos. The new meds I"m on I hate, but I never get my period. In fact, thats what I was doing when I was on Seasonale, just not taking the placebo pills. No cramps, no problems. My body took some getting used to it but by about the third month of Seasonale and taking the pills at the same time (generally) everyday, which is important if yo u're trying to not have your period, my body just skipped it. But the few days taht i forget to take my pills, I get it. Doctors are saying its alright, and everything is kosher with it. From my experience, it makes my life so much easier...SO MUCH EASIER!

lewisiarediviva

Aug 4, 2006, 1:55 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1156 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Medical questions like this should be directed to your doctor, especially if you're taking a pill that is strong. Your body may need that one-week break from it and if you don't give it, you'll suffer some consequences.

I don't disagree, but I do want to add that one should also ask other people with similar life styles what they do to deal with issues. Doctors should be talked to, yes, but it is easy to miss what responder 5 might say if you don't ask others. One must have a large scope and a small scope to view the world through.

Regarding what my doctor said. If you take the pill, skipping the placebo, you can avoid estrogen hyper something by applying a progesterone cream that one of my local pharmacists makes. It is not FDA approved though.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook