RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

skinnyman

Aug 28, 2006, 9:49 PM
Post #1 of 2 (791 views)
Shortcut

My First Lead
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So i have become a member of this site looking for places to climb around Portland, and now i am posting.

after spending a week in Yosemite seconding and cleaning routes, i had to get my own gear. so Thursday i bought a rope, a bunch of qds, lockers and the sort and set off for French's dome. Yes it was just sport, but it was still my first lead on Strawman, a 5.8. some of the girls i was with had never climbed, so they weren't helping calm my nerves as i passed each bolt praying my feet were in good position (i lost a big toenail awhile back and it hurts really bad). point is i made it, and didn't take a fall until the next route, a 5.6 going around a little roof, but at least i got it out of my system. i think i was more nervous about the anchor setup i was doing because i knew i was responsible now for everyone else coming up, and some of them were first timers. don't worry though, it was solid, looked a lot better than my nervous climbing i am sure. just wanted to put this story out there because i love reading all the other stuff people are doing, so i hope you enjoy.

Partner bri1682

Aug 28, 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #2 of 2 (791 views)
Shortcut

Re: My First Lead [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Congrats on your first lead.

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook