RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

ysfmlk

Sep 8, 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #1 of 4 (973 views)
Shortcut

New to Chicago, want to climb again
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

Hey, my name is Yousif and I am new to Chicago and want to meet some people to go climbing with! Unfortunately I am now out out of shape, as I haven't climbed since the Fall. (winter hit and then I was finishing up my undergraduate degree) Once upon a time I was climbing easier 5.10's(after a few tries) Technically I am comfortable setting up top rope anchors, and have gear to do so minus a rope. Have only lead (sport routes) a few times, comfortable belaying and eager to learn. I'd be interested in meeting people at gyms or even better I'd love to get up to Devil's Lake. Yeah, so that's that, looking forward to hearing from people!

Yousif

bolsen

Sep 15, 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #2 of 4 (973 views)
Shortcut

Re: New to Chicago, want to climb again [In reply to]
Report this Post

Hey,
I saw your post and I'm looking for a climbing partner as well. My names Brandy I'm fairly new to climbing but super eager to learn. I've climbed both inside and out, I'm looking for someone who wants to partner up once in a while for a gym climb.

preacherman

Sep 15, 2006, 2:42 PM
Post #3 of 4 (973 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Yousef:

Saw your post - I'm interested! I don't live near you but fancy a trip to Devil's Lake before it gets too cold. Climbed at Devil's Lake a long time ago but would like to re-visit.

My time is very flexible and can probably work around yours. I have all necessary gear - other than your personal stuff.

Only catch = since it is a long haul for me, any chance you do more than 1 day?

Look forward to hearing from you (or anyone else who might want to do same or similar trip).

E-mail at home if you want: morninggloryfarm7@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Tom

blindm

Sep 15, 2006, 4:31 PM
Post #4 of 4 (973 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Welcome to the windy city! There are a number of places to climb around this city (even though I think there could be more places and many more climbers!), but which one you choose will probably depend on your location. I'm actually down on the south side of Chicago by the UofC so I jump on a metra train south to ClimbOn (www.climbon.net). If you're on the north side or around the loop you should check out Hidden Peak (pretty much just bouldering - but really good bouldering) (http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/gym.php?ID=163) Or if you're more of a TR or sport guy who likes endurance routes you should head to Lakeshore Athletic Club (by michigan and lake).

Basically, check out the rockclimbing.com website that lists places in Chicago: http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/listState.php?CountryStateID=71
and go to the Chicago area.

There are a lot of places located in fitness centers, some are alright, others, not so much so, and all of them really expensive.

That's my $0.02 - hope it helps!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook