collegekid

Oct 21, 2006, 7:59 PM
Post #1 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Bush Lies--Keith Olberman commentary
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://video.google.com/...30707837125552&hl=en

Finally, someone in the media speaks out about this bullshit!

tradpuppy

Oct 21, 2006, 9:21 PM
Post #2 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bush Lies--Keith Olberman commentary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe O'Reilly will have Fox security give him a "call" :roll:

chossmonkey

Oct 21, 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #3 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What's your point?

What now? Clinton never lied?

Bush is obviously just following Clinton's lead. Thinking that if he really believes what he says and keeps on saying the same BS that people will actually believe him.

Every high level politician lies.

Bush just really sucks at it.

collegekid

Oct 21, 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #4 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
What's your point?

What now? Clinton never lied?

Bush is obviously just following Clinton's lead. Thinking that if he really believes what he says and keeps on saying the same BS that people will actually believe him.

Every high level politician lies.

Bush just really sucks at it.

I will not respond to any posting (such as that quoted above) where the poster most obviously did not watch the video clip, and has his/her head in his/her ass (Reno, please do not reply to this thread).

Partner blonde_loves_bolts

Oct 21, 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #5 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I will not respond to any posting (such as that quoted above) where the poster most obviously did not watch the video clip, and has his/her head in his/her ass (Reno, please do not reply to this thread).

You just did, douchebag.

reno

Oct 21, 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #6 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

CK:

Blow me.

You've lost any touch with reality, have no clue about the world as a whole, live in your sheltered little academia world, and couldn't construct a decent argument if your life depended on it.

To call you uninformed would be generous.

But, to your original post: A politician that lied? No shit? Stop the press! We've never had this happen before, and I just don't know what to make of it!

I'll bet Bush lied about the blowing up of the levee after Katrina, too.

(Back in the day, you actually had to be smart to make into grad school. Seems that's no longer the case.)

chossmonkey

Oct 21, 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #7 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

So, since you watched the whole video clip you are allowed to start this thread and post to it even though you have your head up your ass?

Why can't Reno reply? Might he say something that you wouldn't agree with wrecking your idealistic thoughts?

Honestly, I started watching it, but didn't see the point of wasting my time watching the rest.

To me it just seemed like the same old shit with different words.

I'm sure someone could dig up something with Rush Limbaugh saying the same things, with different words about the Democrats.

Politics as usual. Its STUPID!!!

Go ahead collegekid keep thinking the Republicans are the only problem and that everything will be fine and dandy when the Democrats rule the world. :roll:

thegreytradster

Oct 22, 2006, 2:45 AM
Post #8 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So kid your source of reference is a failed sportscaster, demoted to political comentator on the last place finisher in the miniscule cable news market.

Do you realize that you have doubled his audience by posting this link?

Kieth should kiss your stinky Berkinstock shod feet.

htotsu

Oct 22, 2006, 2:45 AM
Post #9 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Go ahead collegekid keep thinking the Republicans are the only problem and that everything will be fine and dandy when the Democrats rule the world. :roll:

First, the clip is not of collegekid. You seem to be responding to the OP as if he is the one in the video. He just posted the link. (unless this is his anonymous tag...)

Second, neither collegekid nor any part of the clip suggests that Republicans are the only problem, or that everything will be fine when Democrats rule the world.

This clip is about Bush. So, rather than attempt to deflect what is stated by talking about Clinton, why not actually address what is stated about Bush? This isn't just about politicians lying. There's more to the video than that, even though that is what is in the subject header of the thread.

This is a powerful speech, and I did watch the whole thing. I agree that Bush vilifies his critics as much as, if not more than, the terrorists themselves. He has suggested from the start that to disagree with him or his policies is to hate America. That is always what I found to be the most frightening thing about the fact that he is the President.

chossmonkey

Oct 22, 2006, 4:15 AM
Post #10 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
First, the clip is not of collegekid. You seem to be responding to the OP as if he is the one in the video. He just posted the link. (unless this is his anonymous tag...)
I am responding to him as the mindless sheep he is, that believes everything he hears in biased commentary.

In reply to:
Second, neither collegekid nor any part of the clip suggests that Republicans are the only problem, or that everything will be fine when Democrats rule the world.
Collegekid's overly politically biased posts would seem to imply that it would.

The clip is just a reeking example of politics as usual. Party "A" takes what party "B" twisted and said about "A" and twists it some more to align with party "A's" beliefs.

In reply to:
This clip is about Bush. So, rather than attempt to deflect what is stated by talking about Clinton, why not actually address what is stated about Bush? This isn't just about politicians lying. There's more to the video than that, even though that is what is in the subject header of the thread.
Obviously you must be from the same flock as collegekid. Please see above responses.

In reply to:
This is a powerful speech, and I did watch the whole thing. I agree that Bush vilifies his critics as much as, if not more than, the terrorists themselves. He has suggested from the start that to disagree with him or his policies is to hate America. That is always what I found to be the most frightening thing about the fact that he is the President.
The only thing powerful about it was the stink coming off of it.

I'm not disagreeing that it is frightening Bush is President. But what I think is more frightening is how he could win a second time because people are voting for the lesser of two asshats. As long as politics go on as usual it will always be the same.

htotsu

Oct 22, 2006, 5:22 AM
Post #11 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Obviously you must be from the same flock as collegekid. Please see above responses.
I'm not disagreeing that it is frightening Bush is President. But what I think is more frightening is how he could win a second time because people are voting for the lesser of two asshats. As long as politics go on as usual it will always be the same.
Politics as usual... you mean like when someone doesn't agree with you 100% and you therefore make them your 100% enemy? Like blind partisanship? Like your saying that "obviously" I'm in the same "flock" as collegekid because I point out logical flaws in your post?

Listen, choss, all I was doing was pointing out that you were assigning things to collegekid that s/he never wrote. And look at how you respond to me. I never insulted you. If you insist upon pigeonholing me, fine. Just remember that you are embodying what you say is wrong with the system when you do that.

Partner blonde_loves_bolts

Oct 22, 2006, 5:43 AM
Post #12 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...neither collegekid nor any part of the clip suggests that Republicans are the only problem, or that everything will be fine when Democrats rule the world.

If you read more than two of collegekid's posts, it's not unreasonable to infer that he epitomizes irrational partisan behavior. He can be more explicit in other threads; in this thread, chossmonkey was responding to collegekid's own statement that he would "not respond to any posting ...where the poster most obviously did not watch the video clip, and has his/her head in his/her ass (Reno, please do not reply to this thread)." So effectively, collegekid is 1) asserting the video clip as an unequivocally righteous slice of truth, and 2) telling everyone who does not have something favorable to say about said clip to STFU, because anyone with anything contrary to say must be a total fucking idiot.

This part is why I have a problem with what collegekid posts. True, some of his posts are more overt than others, but he is the embodiment of everything he finds operatively wrong with Bush. He doesn't want to hear shit from those who might disagree with him, because he's already decided that the Democrats are the messiahs and so proceeds to make a total ass out of himself.

In reply to:

And this is the most fucked up part about the collegekid saga. My voting record could align 90-100% with his (Presidential, anyway), and I emphatically agree with a lot of the material he links, but I cannot stand his rantings and the way he presents them.

As for this video, I did watch it and agreed with many of its points, though I found none of them shocking. Kind of felt that it was preaching to the choir. Bush is a liar, but you still cannot take example after example of his obvious incompetence and make righteous, sweeping generalizations about everyone that doesn't vote like you. Trying to glorify your party is pointless, because all have fucked up somewhere along the line (otherwise, it wouldn't be American politics). That line of "reasoning" can achieve nothing but pissing people off, including people who might otherwise support your general viewpoint, which is simply unfortunate.

reno

Oct 22, 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #13 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Then show me the posts from collegekid (or video clips of Olberman) that criticize Democrats or heap praise on Republicans.

I'll wait.

madriver

Oct 22, 2006, 2:18 PM
Post #14 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'll wait.

please ...

love
Godot

overlord

Oct 22, 2006, 2:41 PM
Post #15 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Then show me the posts from collegekid (or video clips of Olberman) that criticize Democrats or heap praise on Republicans.

I'll wait.

im sorry, but what should they be praised for (offcourse i mean the last presidential/congress term)??

reno

Oct 22, 2006, 2:56 PM
Post #16 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

I'll wait.

im sorry, but what should they be praised for (offcourse i mean the last presidential/congress term)??

Try to stay on track, here, Overlord. CK's objectivity and integrity has been called into question.

But, that having been said... Are you serious?

There have been several positive things happen under GOP leadership in the past 6 years. There have been many things to criticize as well. If you can't see anything positive, you're not being very objective, either.

Imagine that: Some good things, some bad things. Much like every other time frame in history.

htotsu

Oct 22, 2006, 4:41 PM
Post #17 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Try to stay on track, here, Overlord. CK's objectivity and integrity has been called into question.
Actually, Reno, staying on track would be addressing the content of the video. Choss criticizing the OP, your asking me to check someone's posts for you to back up Choss, and general attempts to deflect the discussion to Clinton just won't cut it. (And, for the record, not heaping praise on Republicans is hardly evidence that someone believes that everything would be fine if Democrats ruled the world. That is quite a jump, especially given the numerous Republicans who themselves do not heap praise on Republicans.)

I don't care who posted the link. I have no history with that person. The video is the video, and the issue here is what Bush has falsely attributed to certain Democrats, and to the party as a whole. If people want to defend Bush here and show how his statements were true, then great! If that's out there I would be interested in seeing it. I am fascinated that those who seem interested in defending Bush choose instead to attack the posters here, or prior presidents, rather than actually address this issue.

If all of this is about CK's reputation here, then have that discussion with CK. (Thanks, Blonde, by the way for providing some context). But I am not CK, and I respectfully ask Choss to learn the difference in spelling between c o l l e g e k i d and h t o t s u. I think there are some legitimate issues raised within the video. Period. And Blonde is right - it's a shame that so many people are so tied up in who posted this that they can't get past it to talk about the actual post.

chossmonkey

Oct 22, 2006, 4:42 PM
Post #18 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Politics as usual... you mean like when someone doesn't agree with you 100% and you therefore make them your 100% enemy? Like blind partisanship? Like your saying that "obviously" I'm in the same "flock" as collegekid because I point out logical flaws in your post?

Listen, choss, all I was doing was pointing out that you were assigning things to collegekid that s/he never wrote. And look at how you respond to me. I never insulted you. If you insist upon pigeonholing me, fine. Just remember that you are embodying what you say is wrong with the system when you do that.

Perhaps if you had a better idea of what you were trying to defend I wouldn't have said the things I implied about you. :wink:

htotsu

Oct 22, 2006, 4:45 PM
Post #19 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Perhaps if you had a better idea of what you were trying to defend I wouldn't have said the things I implied about you. :wink:
Thanks Choss. Appreciate the goodwill, and right back atcha.

But I was never trying to defend anybody! At least I didn't see it that way. I was trying to get people to focus on the topic, rather than the poster. It's a shame that trying for fair discussion get's people so polarized. I would have said the same about someone else's post if you had been the subject, and I don't know you either.

chossmonkey

Oct 22, 2006, 4:56 PM
Post #20 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
If you insist upon pigeonholing me, fine.

It seems like you are doing a pretty good job of it yourself defending ck's post.

He is as bad or worse as the most conservative of the conservative, but the polar opposite.

madriver

Oct 22, 2006, 4:59 PM
Post #21 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

so I guess all political demagogery during election periods is verbatim and we should all regard it at it's word? Damn....now I'm really confused. I'm not sure who to believe anymore.....the rhetoric seemed so trivial and partisan before....I'm not sure now that Keith Olberman and Shawn Hannity have such differing opions of the other parties canidates and that they accuse them of lieing...NO!!!!!!. I guess when a Republican (GW) or Democrat (insert Howard Dean) exposes their political doctrine it should be taken as total truth and that their views are the only views. Heh...well not this ole boy...no siree...I know that GW is trying to take over the world and that Howard Dean is trying to turn us into a communist nation. If it weren't for Hannity and Olberman....hell I'd probably think everything and everyone in politics is trying to destroy us as a nation and that they are really 911 terrorists....

love

Blind Faith

htotsu

Oct 23, 2006, 7:00 AM
Post #22 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It seems like you are doing a pretty good job of it yourself defending ck's post.

Since you are, for some reason, still unclear as to my motives, let's put it this way. Anyone who responds to "Bush lied" with, "so what's your point? Clinton never lied?" is just like someone who responds to, "The sky is blue!" with "What's your point? Blueberries AREN'T blue?"

When I point out that the sky was the topic, it is not a defense of the person who asked about the sky. It's a criticism of the person who tries to avoid discussing the sky by talking about blueberries.

paganmonkeyboy

Oct 23, 2006, 7:10 AM
Post #23 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Forget the rhetoric - how about actual footage of him lying ?
http://thinkprogress.org/...ush-stay-the-course/

overlord

Oct 23, 2006, 8:10 AM
Post #24 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
But, that having been said... Are you serious?

There have been several positive things happen under GOP leadership in the past 6 years. There have been many things to criticize as well. If you can't see anything positive, you're not being very objective, either.

Imagine that: Some good things, some bad things. Much like every other time frame in history.

ok, lest see... what would those good things be???

the 'good' things:
    EXCELLENT results with wars in iraq and afghanistan.
    amazing ability to prevent excessive damage due to natural disasters.
    crackdown on al-quaeda and bin laden.
    helping to resolve a major crisis in ME quickly and with minimal damage to civilians.

the good things
    lowered taxes (lets ignore who were those who had the greatest cuts for the moment). though thats not really an achievement, its a political decision.
    FINALLY realized that youll need to turn some attention to alternative energy sources.
    no child left behind. nice gesture, but well have to wait for the results.

there were offcourse other things i couldve listed (enron, haliburton, the fact that bush and hes family&friends have some major investements in both oil and arms industry (which would really worry me if i were you; if your president profits with war i would guess he would welcome it) etc), but just from the one listed you can definitely see what im hinting at. while they did have some 'successes', their failures were in a totally different league.

chossmonkey

Oct 23, 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #25 of 28 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Since you are, for some reason, still unclear as to my motives, let's put it this way. Anyone who responds to "Bush lied" with, "so what's your point? Clinton never lied?" is just like someone who responds to, "The sky is blue!" with "What's your point? Blueberries AREN'T blue?"

When I point out that the sky was the topic, it is not a defense of the person who asked about the sky. It's a criticism of the person who tries to avoid discussing the sky by talking about blueberries.

htotsu, please stop trying to change the subject to a discussion about the sky and blueberries.

This is a discussion about how blindly biased ck is.

So what if there is a video commentary about how Bush lies. Ck put up a video, wants people to watch it, but only wants people who agree with him to reply.

FWIW, Clinton was just an example that everyone is familiar with.

And htotsu, the sky is grey. Or is that gray?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook