Jay

irish_ice

Oct 23, 2006, 9:29 PM
Post #28 of 37 (842 views)
Shortcut

Re: I need your quack cures. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

my mother is the queen of quacky cures. Firstly, take your vitamins and put them in a dish of white vinegar. See how long it takes for them to desolve, and what comes out of them. A good vitamin will desolve within about 10 to 15 minutes and it will desolve pretty much completely. A bad vitamin will take a long time to desolve or not desolve at all. Also, sometimes sand is used in vitamins to hold them together. If you are taking them daily, this means you have a little sand box building up inside your intenstines (sp?) I reccommend Nikken. Vitamins, water, etc etc. It's not well known stuff (my mom found it of course) but I have definately noticed a change in my health since I've been taking their vitamins and drinking the water (I don't do all the other stuff). I'm an easy bruiser too, but they seem to heal quicker, as well as the cuts. Butter with salt works on bumps and bruises as well.

As for general aches and pains, peanut oil. heat or ice as necessary, but don't forget the peanut oil. For the headaches, peanut oil with lavender. :wink:

bill_in_tokyo

Oct 24, 2006, 8:37 AM
Post #29 of 37 (842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For the sinuses, consider trying a neti pot. Definitely seems to help with my sometimes problematic sinuses, and Tokyo air is none to fine.

Here's the first site a google search pulled up. Reads like propaganda but sums up the concept fairly clearly:

http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.htm

Falls in the category of things you'd rather other people didn't know you did, but might help with the whole headache/sinus thing. (The one I actually use is a cheap plastic thing, although they sell all sorts of fancy ceramic and other types.)

wjca

Oct 24, 2006, 1:13 PM
Post #30 of 37 (842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
For the sinuses, consider trying a neti pot. Definitely seems to help with my sometimes problematic sinuses, and Tokyo air is none to fine.

Here's the first site a google search pulled up. Reads like propaganda but sums up the concept fairly clearly:

http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.htm

Falls in the category of things you'd rather other people didn't know you did, but might help with the whole headache/sinus thing. (The one I actually use is a cheap plastic thing, although they sell all sorts of fancy ceramic and other types.)

Move over sexy nipple chick girl, I found my new love: the hot chick from the neti pot site:

http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.jpg

Partner nostalgia

Oct 24, 2006, 1:51 PM
Post #31 of 37 (842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I have heard that tea actually has higher caffeine levels than coffee. Not sure though, just something I remember hearing.
Urban myth that even my (now-ex) doctor spouted at me. Apparently the effect happens over a longer time with tea, but it does not contain more caffeine.

Linky to Wikipdedia

Code
Beverage           Quantity                Caffeine (mg) 
Coffee, brewed 240 mL (8 US fl oz) 135
Tea, leaf or bag 240 mL (8 US fl oz) 50
Tea, green 240 mL (8 US fl oz) 15

I've switched to a cup of decaf in the morning (you can get high-quality and good tasting decaf. Check out Peet's coffee...mmmmm, decaf Sumatra), and tea during the day if I need a boost. I prefer green, but will also have some Darjeeling with a little bit of peppermint mixed in. I get all of my loose teas from Adagio Teas. They've got great prices, great teas, and insanely fast shipping.

-Joe

lhwang

Oct 25, 2006, 2:29 AM
Post #32 of 37 (842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Another reason to quit the ibuprofen... they could actually be causing your chronic headaches. Sometimes taking too much ibuprofen can lead to rebound headaches. Tricky, non?

(usual caveat: this is not a substitute for medical advice, yadda yadda)

bill_in_tokyo

Oct 25, 2006, 6:23 AM
Post #33 of 37 (842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Move over sexy nipple chick girl, I found my new love: the hot chick from the neti pot site

wjca:

Ogling a woman with a foreign object stuffed up her nose? Nothin' wrong with that. After all, we're both publicly on record as being lawyers. After that, how much more embarrasment can we possibly experience? :wink:

acacongua

Oct 27, 2006, 2:50 PM
Post #34 of 37 (842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I AM a heavy caffeine addict and take a LOT of Ibuprofen for chronic headaches. (doctor has suggested this might be part of the problem).

I don't have time to read the entire thread so I'm sorry if someone addressed this statement already with the same thoughts.

The number one cause of headaches is dehydration so water is the number one cure. Seeing how you're quite the caffeine drinker (a diuretic), I would think you're dehyrated most of the time. So ... drink more water and limit the caffeine - that could result in less need for Vit. I.

Also, try icing your bruises because that is well, swelling. Swelling hinders healing and ice reduces healing.

acacongua

Oct 27, 2006, 2:57 PM
Post #35 of 37 (842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Also, do take up the drinking. Wine helps blood circulation.

mynameisnobody

Oct 31, 2006, 7:00 AM
Post #36 of 37 (842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Before you try quack cures, learn to quack like a duck.

What sort of maid are you anyway?

Are you a just maid as well as just a maid, or is this just some clever moniker to throw off your justly jealous husband?

I have heard you claim to be a camel, but maybe you really should drink more water.

Partner booger

Oct 31, 2006, 1:28 PM
Post #37 of 37 (842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I suffered from temple/sinus headaches for years until it dawned on me that I might need glasses. My vision is 20/20 but it turned out that I have a stigmatism in one eye that made it work a lot harder, especially when I am up close to something (books or computer in my case). Got some glasses for when I'm reading for extended periods of time... voilą, headaches reduced to almost nil.

...Please bury me with my coffee mug in hand.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook