Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

kmef78

Oct 24, 2006, 7:08 AM
Post #101 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Re: Alert Kidnapped Rockclimbers At Big Rock, Perris, Califo [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just happy to see your okay. No comment on any of the other issues brought about in this thread.

paganmonkeyboy

Oct 24, 2006, 8:38 PM
Post #102 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

called and talked to perris operator - they can't and won't release any details as i am not directly involved, but she did confirm that is in fact a valid case number.
put up or shut up.

jimdavis

Oct 25, 2006, 3:38 AM
Post #103 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
called and talked to perris operator - they can't and won't release any details as i am not directly involved, but she did confirm that is in fact a valid case number.
put up or shut up.

...and you thought they'd disclose the details of a pending case...to some guy on a phone...cause he heard about it on the internet???

if your gonna waste the time of a the police with something this trivial...if you ever think "don't you have something better to do" when you get pulled over for a speeding ticket...think back to this very moment.

Jim

paganmonkeyboy

Oct 25, 2006, 4:09 AM
Post #104 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
if your gonna waste the time of a the police with something this trivial...if you ever think "don't you have something better to do" when you get pulled over for a speeding ticket...think back to this very moment.

Jim

Thanks Jim, but I didn't call 911. I talked to an operator only, and I just wanted to call out on some that would diss someone that obviously posted this info trying to just be helpful.
So its a waste of time to try to help someone being called a liar, when you don't think it's right or fair, here on rc.com. To take 2 minutes of someone's time to try to right a wrong.

Thanks Jim.

jimdavis

Oct 25, 2006, 4:51 AM
Post #105 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Jim

Thanks Jim, but I didn't call 911. I talked to an operator only, and I just wanted to call out on some that would diss someone that obviously posted this info trying to just be helpful.
So its a waste of time to try to help someone being called a liar, when you don't think it's right or fair, here on rc.com. To take 2 minutes of someone's time to try to right a wrong.

Thanks Jim.
In reply to:
"Put up or shut up"

...looks a lot like "put up the police report, or shut up cause we don't belive you."

The fact that people need to verify this in the first place is just silly.
In reply to:
To take 2 minutes of someone's time to try to right a wrong.
right a wrong? frogive me if I think that's a stretch....let skeptics doubt...does it really matter?

Jim

dynoho

Oct 25, 2006, 4:56 AM
Post #106 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A police report is public record. It can, should and will be available eventually. And when it is, apologies are due, however unlikely.

In reply to:
This time Curt you are being an ass.

No, Curt IS an ass. An arrogant, elitist, self absorbed, bald, belittling prick. Here are some examples from this thread alone from which I draw my conclusions:

At this point, I really don't care if your story is true or not. You've been such a fucktard here that all I really want you to do is go away. Curt
(Myopic and rude)

Thanks. I have climbed at Big Rock before--all the routes. Many times. Curt (He's hotshit)

.....you know, those of real rock climbers--unlike yourself. Curt
(elitist)

Jesus, it's too bad the guy didn't just pull the trigger. Curt
(Not the first time he's wished death on an OP; this time, for grammatical errors)

Big Rock is choss. Real climbers don’t go there—except maybe to do English Hanging Gardens. So, please explain how you got away, Houdini. Curt
(sarcastic and arrogant)

Curt has wished death on multiple OPs and uses the descriptive word fu(k in the most imaginative ways with his high IQ. He climbs well and has contributed enormously to the community, in spite of what his posts may reflect. Perhaps he should lay off the Scotch while he is logged on.

I'll be in Gilbet this Christmas; hope to see you, (edited to remove family names) to discuss further.

-Jeff

paganmonkeyboy

Oct 25, 2006, 5:57 AM
Post #107 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...looks a lot like "put up the police report, or shut up cause we don't belive you."

The fact that people need to verify this in the first place is just silly.
In reply to:
To take 2 minutes of someone's time to try to right a wrong.
right a wrong? frogive me if I think that's a stretch....let skeptics doubt...does it really matter?

Jim

hmmm - woulda thought from the obvious chip-on-my-shoulder previous post the direction this one was aiming would be clear, but i see where it could be misconstrued. trust me - this one's not aimed at the OP at all...

and yes - it does matter to me. in the grand scheme of things it is trivial, yes, but to me it matters. it took two minutes to call - still can't believe no one else would - the OP was quite clear about his 'call and verify' stance, but i missed the part where any of his detractors called to check.

-tom
(armchair quixote ;) )

franko

Oct 25, 2006, 7:35 AM
Post #108 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just out of curiosity, what's your ethnic heritige tradster? Mick? Dago? Polack?
Limy? Bohunk? Blockhead? Frog? Spic? Coon? Scot?

thegreytradster

Oct 25, 2006, 1:53 PM
Post #109 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Californio

notch

Oct 25, 2006, 2:06 PM
Post #110 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
...and people actually wonder why I carry a gun.

Over-compensating for an extremely small penis?
It's true, you should definitely carry a gun if you have a small penis. Someone tried to mug me once, but I unzipped my fly and my massive penis saved the day. If you're not hung like me, a gun is the way to go. If, like Shakylegs, you have a small penis and you won't carry a gun, you should just hand over your wallet.

the_peak_bagger

Oct 25, 2006, 2:29 PM
Post #111 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

just rember never bring a knife to a gun fight.....LOL

tonloc

Oct 25, 2006, 3:05 PM
Post #112 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jim im in central maine as well, but i hope that nobody brings guns to any crags i go to, that would scare me more than it would make me feel safe...are there any crags where you find it necessay to carry around here just out of curiosity...

shakylegs

Oct 25, 2006, 3:30 PM
Post #113 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
...and people actually wonder why I carry a gun.

Over-compensating for an extremely small penis?
It's true, you should definitely carry a gun if you have a small penis. Someone tried to mug me once, but I unzipped my fly and my massive penis saved the day. If you're not hung like me, a gun is the way to go. If, like Shakylegs, you have a small penis and you won't carry a gun, you should just hand over your wallet.

This would explain why I'm so poor. No only am I almost penisless, I'm also pennyless.

alpinismo_flujo

Oct 25, 2006, 3:41 PM
Post #114 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok Ok - I started this mess and if someone from here called and at least was able to confirm that the case number was legit then I'll go on that and apologize. In fact I'll start a new thread telling everyone how sorry I am. ...stay tuned.

Tom - thank you for taking the time to call. I would have done it after the OP posted the number but this stupid site would not let me in for the past couple of days so I had no idea he had done so.

flujo :shock:

alpinismo_flujo

Oct 25, 2006, 4:00 PM
Post #115 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...hp?p=1468337#1468337

:oops: :oops: :oops:

paganmonkeyboy

Oct 25, 2006, 5:01 PM
Post #116 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Many Thanks flujo - that's a huge gesture right there. I'll wager the OP will appreciate it greatly.

In all fairness - you were infinitely more civil than another individual that really stepped over the line.

Tom

jimdavis

Oct 25, 2006, 6:03 PM
Post #117 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
jim im in central maine as well, but i hope that nobody brings guns to any crags i go to, that would scare me more than it would make me feel safe...are there any crags where you find it necessay to carry around here just out of curiosity...

Well, hunting season starts Saturday......

Any crags I find it nescessary? Depends on your deffinition....most people that carry live by "better to have it and not need, than to need it and not have it." Consider also that a high percentage of violent encounters happen in ones home....would you carry there? A lot of people do, and I don't blame them.

Also, if someone is carrying under a concealed carry permit....odds are the only time you'd ever see that gun, you'd be really glad too.

I do know of a few cars that have been broken into at the parking lot at Eagles Bluff...that's about all I've heard of out there. But anything can happen, anywhere....you just have to have the right asshole out there.

Here's a tangent, but look at schools these days....if you ask me, you should have a few teachers in each and every building that have taken a lot of pistol defense courses, and carry concealed at school. I'm sure that's an opinion that will have a lot of mixed (mostly negative) emotions...but it could save a lot of young lives (considering current trends).

So, I'll answer your question with a question....is there anywhere where having a conclealed gun wouldn't contribute to your safety?

Cheers,
Jim

fmd

Oct 25, 2006, 7:10 PM
Post #118 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Well, hunting season starts Saturday......

Any crags I find it nescessary? Depends on your deffinition....most people that carry live by "better to have it and not need, than to need it and not have it." Consider also that a high percentage of violent encounters happen in ones home....would you carry there? A lot of people do, and I don't blame them.

Also, if someone is carrying under a concealed carry permit....odds are the only time you'd ever see that gun, you'd be really glad too.

I do know of a few cars that have been broken into at the parking lot at Eagles Bluff...that's about all I've heard of out there. But anything can happen, anywhere....you just have to have the right asshole out there.

Here's a tangent, but look at schools these days....if you ask me, you should have a few teachers in each and every building that have taken a lot of pistol defense courses, and carry concealed at school. I'm sure that's an opinion that will have a lot of mixed (mostly negative) emotions...but it could save a lot of young lives (considering current trends).

So, I'll answer your question with a question....is there anywhere where having a conclealed gun wouldn't contribute to your safety?Cheers,
Jim

SCUBA diving at 200 feet or Skydiving at 15000 feet.

mcfoley

Oct 25, 2006, 7:25 PM
Post #119 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
my friend Bill and we decided to spend the afternoon at a local southern California location called “Big Rock” near Perris, California.

Thats what you get for climbing at that shit hole... :lol:

glad you are ok.

mcfoley

Oct 25, 2006, 7:29 PM
Post #120 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That reminds me...Taurus makes a TITANIUM, HAMMERLESS, Snub-nosed .357 that would come in handy at all those urban chosspile's in and around LA.
Hammerless means that it wouldn't catch on your rack (or junk) when you pull it form your nether regions to blast on a crackhead...

curt

Oct 27, 2006, 6:33 AM
Post #121 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
A police report is public record. It can, should and will be available eventually. And when it is, apologies are due, however unlikely.

In reply to:
This time Curt you are being an ass.

No, Curt IS an ass. An arrogant, elitist, self absorbed, bald, belittling prick. Here are some examples from this thread alone from which I draw my conclusions:

At this point, I really don't care if your story is true or not. You've been such a f--- here that all I really want you to do is go away. Curt
(Myopic and rude)

Thanks. I have climbed at Big Rock before--all the routes. Many times. Curt (He's s---)

.....you know, those of real rock climbers--unlike yourself. Curt
(elitist)

Jesus, it's too bad the guy didn't just pull the trigger. Curt
(Not the first time he's wished death on an OP; this time, for grammatical errors)

Big Rock is choss. Real climbers don’t go there—except maybe to do English Hanging Gardens. So, please explain how you got away, Houdini. Curt
(sarcastic and arrogant)

Curt has wished death on multiple OPs and uses the descriptive word fu(k in the most imaginative ways with his high IQ. He climbs well and has contributed enormously to the community, in spite of what his posts may reflect. Perhaps he should lay off the Scotch while he is logged on.

I'll be in Gilbet this Christmas; hope to see you, Lisa & John to discuss further.

-Jeff

Sounds like a threat to me--pretty lame, but not unexpected from an obviously desperate wannabe like yourself. Ooooh, I bet you really want to show the world that you are somebody who actually matters. Are Oswald, Hinckley, Chapman and other psychologically challenged individuals your only role models? Get over it, asshole.

On the other hand, if you want to go climbing while you're here, give me a call.

Curt

paganmonkeyboy

Oct 27, 2006, 7:14 AM
Post #122 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Sounds like a threat to me--pretty lame, but not unexpected from an obviously desperate wannabe like yourself. Ooooh, I bet you really want to show the world that you are somebody who actually matters. Are Oswald, Hinckley, Chapman and other psychologically challenged individuals your only role models? Get over it, asshole.

Why are you so scared and angry ? Your posts don't strike me as coming from someone that is all that happy and confident. Are you really just plain mean ?

I don't know you, so I don't know if you are really a dick, but boy howdy you sure come off as one here.

-Tom

curt

Oct 27, 2006, 7:30 AM
Post #123 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Why are you so scared and angry ? Your posts don't strike me as coming from someone that is all that happy and confident. Are you really just plain mean ?

I don't know you, so I don't know if you are really a dick, but boy howdy you sure come off as one here.

-Tom

No, you don't know me. If you did, you would have copied my entire post--instead of just the first part, which seems to support your position.

Curt

curt

Oct 27, 2006, 7:43 AM
Post #124 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

-Tom

Let's see if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that it is perfectly OK if some belligerent and anonymous internet personna threatens to come visit you, your wife and your child when they happen to be visiting your community? Hopefully not.

Also, as I am sure you are aware, if you had not selectively edited my above post, the spirit of the thing would have come across somewhat differently.

Curt

Partner booger

Oct 27, 2006, 8:57 AM
Post #125 of 176 (17622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow. Kidnapping, carrying guns while climbing ( :shock: ), kung fu, blinding lights, hammer-fists...

>All serves to remind me why I'm soooooo glad I don't live in the US anymore. The only thing you have to worry about at the crag here is whether or not the Frenchies will share their wine and smokes with you.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook