RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

mrido47

Oct 31, 2006, 6:16 PM
Post #1 of 1 (659 views)
Shortcut

Art'Teryx User...Or Not
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello,

I posted this in the Gear-Heads forum as well, but figured folks specifically coming to this forum would have a good take on it:

I’m a master’s student at the Institute of Design, IIT, in Chicago: http://www.id.iit.edu, working on a project to better understand users of Arc’Teryx gear. The company IS NOT a sponsor of this project – I simply selected them (and I may be totally off in saying this…) because I believe they are a unique manufacturer in the industry. At this point I’m trying to better understand who their users are.

I’ve read through this blog and like the level of insight people are bringing to the conversation threads. Thank you in advance for those who are interested enough in the topic to answer the following:

• Why do you buy Arc’Teryx (or why not)?

• Do you live in a city or suburb? –How far from a spot you like to climb?

• In what contexts ‘off the mountain,’ are Arc’Teryx products used? And if not for merit of their technical performance capabilities, why do people wear Arc’Teryx in these other contexts?

• What characteristics of the brand do you most strongly associate with?

• Some have led me to believe that a more substantial market segment of the company are the mountaineers who can afford to leave their jobs for 3-5 weeks at a time and fund $50K expeditions—rather than, for example, the bouldering community. Is this an accurate depiction?

• Where are the possible missed opportunities of the company?

• What product sector is the company most known/respected for?

• What product(s) could they possibly be better off without?

• Is the company’s distinct logo something their users identify with?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook