Nov 13, 2006, 6:15 PM
Post #1 of 146 (5332 views)
Shortcut

its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com
Report this Post
Can't Post

what is this?
it looks like myfirstryatweb2.0.com

its just a random loveless site. the colors are ugly, the forum is totally cluttered, i cant find anything.

. a simphony in greyish mintgrenn and greyish light blue with some slightly yellow stuff. it makes my eyes hurt.

the old site was perfect (apart from the performance problems) but this "thing"?
It screams "please kill me, im living a live of pain" all over.

qwert

Nov 13, 2006, 6:19 PM
Post #2 of 146 (5322 views)
Shortcut

Re: [qwert] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

and another thing: i just looked how many people are online, and in the whos online list i see not only the names but also the activities of the person, eg who is editing his email options, whos writing a private message, whos looking up user information and so on.
i have to admit i dont know if this is new, but i think it is, well, critical in terms of privacy

(This post was edited by qwert on Nov 13, 2006, 6:28 PM)

jumpingrock

Nov 13, 2006, 6:23 PM
Post #3 of 146 (5317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm going to have to agree.

However, I am going to withhold criticism until I get a better sense of what changes are planned in the future.

I would seriously like to suggest skins so that we can change the um ugly colours.

sangiro

Nov 13, 2006, 6:24 PM
Post #4 of 146 (5317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i have to admit i dont know if this is new, but i think it is, well, critical in terms of privacy

You're right, you don't know.

Sorry you don't like the site. I'm sure you can find an archive of the old one somewhere for you and make a print-out to hug or something... Tongue

Partner the_mitt

Nov 13, 2006, 6:40 PM
Post #5 of 146 (5301 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sangiro] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Sorry you don't like the site. I'm sure you can find an archive of the old one somewhere for you and make a print-out to hug or something... Tongue

Nice reply from an owner/mod. The initial post may have been a little rough but how about something alittle more constructive from you?

Mitt

P.S If you are going to log onto the RC.com site as a mod how about leaving your parachute sig home. Dick.

jcasper

Nov 13, 2006, 6:45 PM
Post #6 of 146 (5299 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_mitt] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Nice reply from an owner/mod. The initial post may have been a little rough but how about something alittle more constructive from you?

Mitt

P.S If you are going to log onto the RC.com site as a mod how about leaving your parachute sig home. Dick.

Trophy!! Where are the trophies?!?

bill413

Nov 13, 2006, 6:57 PM
Post #7 of 146 (5290 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sangiro] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Ah, now I see why we can't throw poo.

chanceboarder

Nov 13, 2006, 7:00 PM
Post #8 of 146 (5285 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jcasper] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Mitt

Trophy!! Where are the trophies?!?
No more trophies? Mad

thomasribiere

Nov 13, 2006, 7:04 PM
Post #9 of 146 (5277 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

qwert wrote :

It used to exist 3-4 yrs ago, then it disapeeared. It's back again.

kachoong

Nov 13, 2006, 7:08 PM
Post #10 of 146 (5267 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thomasribiere] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
qwert wrote :

It used to exist 3-4 yrs ago, then it disapeeared. It's back again.
I think it's useful for the site developers to see where the traffic is, but it is an invasion of privacy to some extent to see where everyone is in the site publicly.

Also being able to see how many stars people gave your pics... I thought that was decided as being best unknown?

mtnfr34k

Nov 13, 2006, 7:09 PM
Post #11 of 146 (5266 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thomasribiere] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

And such features are common place at other forums, like cascadeclimbers.com.

sangiro

Nov 13, 2006, 7:09 PM
Post #12 of 146 (5269 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_mitt] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Mitt,

Looks like you're a bit short on the humor department. I'll allow you this one personal attack, but suggest you read the forum rules.

If you have constructive feedback, by all means give it. We're pretty hard skinned and will do our best to respond and help where we can. That being said, don't for a second think we're push-overs that did this to listen to your verbal abuse. Be nice, and we'll be the same right back at you. Smile

Partner j_ung

Nov 13, 2006, 7:55 PM
Post #13 of 146 (5235 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
what is this?
it looks like myfirstryatweb2.0.com

its just a random loveless site. the colors are ugly, the forum is totally cluttered, i cant find anything.

. a simphony in greyish mintgrenn and greyish light blue with some slightly yellow stuff. it makes my eyes hurt.

the old site was perfect (apart from the performance problems) but this "thing"?
It screams "please kill me, im living a live of pain" all over.

Perhaps if you give some time to get used to it, you might change your mind. I certainly felt the same way the first time I logged in to the old RC.com.

Partner epoch

Nov 13, 2006, 7:58 PM
Post #14 of 146 (5232 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jumpingrock] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I would seriously like to suggest skins so that we can change the um ugly colours.

+ 1 vote for this...

whoa

Nov 13, 2006, 8:12 PM
Post #15 of 146 (5217 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Pretty zippy here; definitely more usable than the old php forum at this time of day.

I don't like the "My Stuff" bar always occupying such prime real-estate. Why not move it to the right and let it, rather than forum content, be pushed off-screen.

Don't care about the colors. Forums are ugly in general. It feels like there could be a lot less trimmings and more content on the screen, though.

It's funny to see all the steam that this generates. You've changed to a better engine, and it's working pretty darned well. Plenty of time to improve it now that it's up and running.

Cheers to all involved.

Partner j_ung

Nov 13, 2006, 8:16 PM
Post #16 of 146 (5212 views)
Shortcut

Re: [whoa] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

^^

Here! Here!

jimdavis

Nov 13, 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #17 of 146 (5172 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The lack of strong lines and dull color make it kinda hard to read along.

Also, the reply box....that I'm writing in now, is smaller than a notecard. This box should damn near fill the window.

Also, the mouse-over drop down menus made it easier to jump from forum to forum without loading an index page to do so.

It's cool that you all are trying to work on the site and upgrade it....but I think there are some serious issues with this new version (much like the last one, which got pulled back cause we all hated it)

If your going to leave the site syle like this, then there should be some user options to skin it so it's easier on the eyes.

Thanks,
Jim

caughtinside

Nov 14, 2006, 1:30 AM
Post #18 of 146 (5150 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Mitt,

Looks like you're a bit short on the humor department. I'll allow you this one personal attack, but suggest you read the forum rules.

If you have constructive feedback, by all means give it. We're pretty hard skinned and will do our best to respond and help where we can. That being said, don't for a second think we're push-overs that did this to listen to your verbal abuse. Be nice, and we'll be the same right back at you. Smile

Here's my beef with the new site. Some skydiving clown is now owner/moderator, and drops in with some early condescension. How about quoting the rules for me again, asswipe?

clausti

Nov 14, 2006, 1:38 AM
Post #19 of 146 (5145 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

^^damn... and we *still* dont have trophies.

as for reading the rules...

"We reserve the right to delete, ***edit****, or move posts at our discretion. "

little stars**** are mine.
that's a classic one. *always* fun. resistence is futile.

(This post was edited by clausti on Nov 14, 2006, 1:40 AM)

Partner the_mitt

Nov 14, 2006, 1:41 AM
Post #20 of 146 (5140 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You are going to be so banned. I was put in "time out" for a couple of hours for what I said, I have a feeling your outta here. LOL

Mitt

jimdavis

Nov 14, 2006, 1:55 AM
Post #21 of 146 (5132 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd find a picture of Mitt with a dunce cap on, sitting in the corner....but we can't embed pics, so what's the point?

Well, considering all I know about the "owner" I read in his own words on this page...I share the sentiments of the_mitt and caughtinside.

You sir, are a royal jerkoff.

If you're the owner, and feel the need to be so rude to the members of your site...maybe you should hire someone to do your PR, for you.

Jim

caughtinside

Nov 14, 2006, 2:01 AM
Post #22 of 146 (5122 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You are going to be so banned. I was put in "time out" for a couple of hours for what I said, I have a feeling your outta here. LOL

Mitt

No kidding? that's pathetic. I mean, only a total piece of shit would stoop to something so petty when someone does something like, oh, I don't know, voice an opinion? Sad.

"Shut it. You like the new site because we say so."

see you guys later, I guess!

fracture

Nov 14, 2006, 2:12 AM
Post #23 of 146 (5110 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Mitt

No kidding? that's pathetic. I mean, only a total piece of shit would stoop to something so petty when someone does something like, oh, I don't know, voice an opinion? Sad.

In case any of our new overlords give a shit what anyone thinks: caughtinside is totally right. Time outs or anything like that for the sorts of posts above is infantile bullshit. (And if this is really indicative of possible changes to the moderation policy, I may not be posting here as much as I used to.)

Oh: and skydiving is a silly joke of a "sport". (It's almost as bad as trad climbing.)

sbaclimber

Nov 14, 2006, 2:17 AM
Post #24 of 146 (5103 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fracture] its ugly, its unuseable, its the new rockclimbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Oh: and skydiving is a silly joke of a "sport". (It's almost as bad as trad climbing.)
Trophy for you! (you were joking about the trad climbing, right........!?)

jt512

Nov 14, 2006, 3:27 AM
Post #25 of 146 (5084 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Mitt,

Total crock of shit. The OPs post was fine. Your response was totally unacceptable, as an owner of the site. You look like a complete ass right now. If you want your site to be successful, you would do well to refrain from posting to it.

Jay

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook