RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

Partner angry

Nov 15, 2006, 4:23 AM
Post #1 of 21 (1392 views)
Shortcut

I'm going to miss you
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This is not a bitch about the site and leave post, so keep reading.

With the look and vibe of the the site, I know that we will assuredly lose members. Daily users will be logging in once a month. I'm not sure about myself but mountainproject is looking awfully nice these days. I'll probably lurk or something.

One wonderful feature of this site was how easy it was to contact people. Because of this site I've been offered beer if I'm ever in J-tree, fixed a #4 camalot on a 5.6, nearly been killed countless times by rattlesnakes, been threatened with physical violence, climbed barefoot, insulted women in RV's, and even made a friend or two.

I'm afraid some of these good folks aren't going to be around anymore, and as such, our friendships will suffer. It truly sucks, there are so many of you that I call friend, even if I've never met you.

Bring back, bring back, oh bring back the old RC RC, Bring back, bring back, oh bring back the old RC to me...

epic_ed

Nov 15, 2006, 5:53 AM
Post #2 of 21 (1364 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] I'm going to miss you [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I sincerely hope there are very few we lose permanently. Change, and dramatic change like has happened here this week, is never easy a rarely welcomed. If there's just one message that I hope is being consistently conveyed loud and clear above all other, it is that this is a work in process.

Please be patient and please continue to offer constructive feedback. We are listening.

Ed

melekzek

Nov 15, 2006, 7:31 AM
Post #3 of 21 (1353 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Bring back, bring back, oh bring back the old RC RC, Bring back, bring back, oh bring back the old RC to me...

he is dead, jim !

Partner cracklover

Nov 15, 2006, 3:09 PM
Post #4 of 21 (1311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
One wonderful feature of this site was how easy it was to contact people.

It is, quite literally, difficult to contact people now! I hunted around in vain for five minutes on the site for a way to find a friend of mine. No "find user", no "partners", no "friends". In the end, I searched for a photo of his I knew I could find. I also could have searched for his posts, and gotten to his profile that way.

But it's definitely, quite literally, harder to contact people. Like they keep saying, it's a work in progress. Hopefully these features, or others like them, will return.

GO

Partner wideguy

Nov 15, 2006, 3:20 PM
Post #5 of 21 (1305 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] I'm going to miss you [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

It is, quite literally, difficult to contact people now! I hunted around in vain for five minutes on the site for a way to find a friend of mine. No "find user", no "partners", no "friends". In the end, I searched for a photo of his I knew I could find. I also could have searched for his posts, and gotten to his profile that way.

But it's definitely, quite literally, harder to contact people. Like they keep saying, it's a work in progress. Hopefully these features, or others like them, will return.

GO
Lower right side of the pale purple bar up above ...
"Search [Forums, routes, gear, Classified, photos, video, ...User] Select user, enter "cracklover" in the value, and your name popped right up. One click got me to your profile, a different click would have started a new PM to you.

Not as easy as clicking "My Friends" and selecting from a list, but the user search is there. Nowhere near 5 minutes though.

kachoong

Nov 15, 2006, 4:19 PM
Post #6 of 21 (1294 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] I'm going to miss you [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You shouldn't have to SEARCH for your friends!!! This is a community and your friends should be right there in front of you... I miss the days of logging on and feeling good at seeing my wife online and clicking on her username and contacting her straight away.... with none of this searching! It needs to be an option!

overlord

Nov 15, 2006, 4:26 PM
Post #7 of 21 (1286 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] I'm going to miss you [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

also, it was SO nice to see that green bar and "there are n friends online". or if you caught a friend thats on another continent and havent heard from in a while and quickly sent him a PM. that was a really nice feature and i really wish to see it back.

Partner cracklover

Nov 15, 2006, 4:30 PM
Post #8 of 21 (1283 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

GO
Lower right side of the pale purple bar up above ...
"Search [Forums, routes, gear, Classified, photos, video, ...User] Select user, enter "cracklover" in the value, and your name popped right up. One click got me to your profile, a different click would have started a new PM to you.

Not as easy as clicking "My Friends" and selecting from a list, but the user search is there. Nowhere near 5 minutes though.

Beautiful, thanks Wide! As for it taking you less than 5 minutes to find what I couldn't find at all, well what can I say, some of us are a little slow on the uptake.

Cheers!

GO

Partner wideguy

Nov 15, 2006, 4:56 PM
Post #9 of 21 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] I'm going to miss you [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Beautiful, thanks Wide! As for it taking you less than 5 minutes to find what I couldn't find at all, well what can I say, some of us are a little slow on the uptake.
Cheers!

GO

The search seems to function pretty well and it's quick too.

And even doing a partial search for "users" "Crack" I got a full list of all the users who have some crack. In their username.

I agree with everyone, a retun of the Friends list would be great. As would the return of the "I've climbed with them" designation. I'm had people contact me to check on people and I've been told I've been checked on.

Bring those back!

sangiro

Nov 15, 2006, 5:20 PM
Post #10 of 21 (1263 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I agree with everyone, a retun of the Friends list would be great.

I agree with that as well. Give us a little time to work through the broken stuff first. I can assure you it was hard for me accept that this one wouldn't get done before we "flipped the switch". It will be back.

htotsu

Nov 15, 2006, 6:18 PM
Post #11 of 21 (1245 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sangiro] I'm going to miss you [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Speaking of being viewable, is there some happy medium between not being viewable online at all and people seeing exactly where you are? Is it possible to just be visible as generically "online"?

Partner j_ung

Nov 15, 2006, 6:58 PM
Post #12 of 21 (1230 views)
Shortcut

Re: [htotsu] I'm going to miss you [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post