RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

dniemi

Dec 7, 2006, 2:44 AM
Post #1 of 9 (761 views)
Shortcut

Partner to Summit Rainier.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have been wanting to climb rainier for 2 years. I have all the gear, and I'm willing to buy whatever if anything I'm missing. My father and I both want to do it, and we are both climbers. We've gone to Muir to campout just for fun a couple times now. I'm not experienced with alpine climbing so I would like to go with someone that knows there stuff. Is there anyone that would want to partner up with my father and I? I'd be more than willing to give a hefty tip for it. I'm 27 and my father is 52. We are both in great shape. I know a lot of you are going to reccomend RMI, although everytime I go to Muir I think how I would hate to move up the summit like a heard of cows. I don't really want something like that.

big_red

Dec 8, 2006, 9:13 AM
Post #2 of 9 (713 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dniemi] Partner to Summit Rainier. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Depending on the route you guys want to do... you may just wind up going up there like a herd of cows with RMI whether you pay them or not. I've made a couple of ascents up Rainier and it's a good time.

What area are you guys based out of?

dniemi

Dec 8, 2006, 4:36 PM
Post #3 of 9 (687 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in Mukilteo, and my father is in CA, but he fly's up here all the time.

gochubug

Dec 8, 2006, 5:42 PM
Post #4 of 9 (667 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ladybug and I have been up Rainier a couple times and we might be up for another trip. We are in Everett, so we're at least close to you. Did you have a specific route in mind? Between us, we've done DC (the cattle drive), ID (early season cattle drive), and Emmons (almost as crowded). We haven't done any of the more difficult/lesser traveled routes, so if that's what you are after, maybe someone else will step forward.

dniemi

Dec 8, 2006, 6:18 PM
Post #5 of 9 (649 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gochubug] Partner to Summit Rainier. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not to familiar with all of the routes, but we would probably want an easier one for the first time. I was thinking DC, but I'd be willing to take suggestions. Yeah, we are definately close which is nice.

kixx

Jan 4, 2007, 2:01 AM
Post #6 of 9 (524 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Go in May before RMI gets under way with the herds and take the Ingraham Direct via Cadaver Gap. I've climbed and descended this route as well as Gibralter ledges this time of year and it is the BEST.

I can give you very specific info as well as pics. PM or email me if interested in them.

Kris

graniteboy

Jan 5, 2007, 12:40 AM
Post #7 of 9 (469 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've never taken the crampon walk up the "big washington volcano"....
But if you take care of the permitting process, I'd be happy to tromp with you guys on an easy route (emmons, disappointment etc) on Raineer. Been climbing 3 and a half decades, been up some denali routes etc. Ex guide. Just never been on the big washington volcano. You should Start reading up on the standard reading: andy selter's book, FOTH, etc. Drop a line. late june/early july works for me.

kyperman

Jan 5, 2007, 2:32 AM
Post #8 of 9 (455 views)
Shortcut

Re: [graniteboy] Partner to Summit Rainier. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am in a vary similar situation. I want to do the climb, but don't want to be "cow" I might be looking for some folks to climb with. Only problem, I live in Michigan....which is not a hugh problem, cause I don't have to walk there. I don't have much gear yet however. I will keep up with your progress on the message boards.

flyfshmn

Jan 5, 2007, 2:24 PM
Post #9 of 9 (428 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have been on Rainier 4 times and summit 3. All trips were up the Liberty Ridge. I would love another trip up the mountain - have gear and can travel.
As far as routes, I would go up any of them, but would prefer to stay off the large, well traveled highways.

Thanks
Reed

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook