Post #51 of 91 (865 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] What day is today? Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
maww wrote:
Off to the shower...

Me too! See you there...for the rest of you, back in 20....or thirty....

wait for me!!

see ya, have a great day everyone..

~T

Partner brent_e

Apr 4, 2007, 3:37 PM
Post #52 of 91 (865 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
ihategrigris wrote:
Engineers don't fix things, they generate paper that allows others (who know what they're doing) to fix things. Hurray for paper!

Did I hear paper? You need paper?

*revs up chainsaw*

Oh, yes, I think I can arrange that!

so, are you like ash from evil dead, then???? that would be pretty awesome.

and i never realized how close you are to me. Burlington is close to the gunks, too, isn't it?

granite_grrl

Apr 4, 2007, 3:38 PM
Post #53 of 91 (863 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingbetty22] What day is today? Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingbetty22 wrote:
Mais non, I've packed on so much leg muscle from running so much, I'm UP- to 135 lbs! Grrrrr!!!!

I would kill to gain muscle mass in my legs a litte quicker. I guess I never thought it was a bad to be gaining weight as long as it was from muscle. Take pride in your sexy legs!

carabiner96

Apr 4, 2007, 3:41 PM
Post #54 of 91 (859 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brent_e] What day is today? Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
ihategrigris wrote:
Engineers don't fix things, they generate paper that allows others (who know what they're doing) to fix things. Hurray for paper!

*revs up chainsaw*

and i never realized how close you are to me. Burlington is close to the gunks, too, isn't it?

Pft...stalker.

I'm not to terribly close to the gunks. Never been there. I think its like a 5 hour drive? How far are you from b town?

Partner brent_e

Apr 4, 2007, 3:52 PM
Post #55 of 91 (854 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
brent_e wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
ihategrigris wrote:

*revs up chainsaw*

Pft...stalker.

I'm not to terribly close to the gunks. Never been there. I think its like a 5 hour drive? How far are you from b town?

5 hours??? holy shit! I thought burlington was on the NY state border?
I'm probably 6 hours from burlington.

but...5 hours from the gunks....maybe i should check a map again.

uhoh

Apr 4, 2007, 3:55 PM
Post #56 of 91 (850 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] What day is today? Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Zing!

I was woken up by a nightmare today.

It was snowing outside.

I was stopped by a train on the way to class and was about a half hour late.

I started smoking again.

My car is falling apart.

I asked a girl out and received a very ambiguous answer.

I feel like I'm trapped in a country music song today.

devils_advocate

Apr 4, 2007, 3:55 PM
Post #57 of 91 (850 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, my first ever post in a coffee thread, after all the useless crap I've put up elsewhere... why not bring the coffe threads down a notch or two. Guess I better make it a good one. Hmmm, let's see. Oh I've got one.

Ok, check it out: so I

devils_advocate

Apr 4, 2007, 3:56 PM
Post #58 of 91 (848 views)
Shortcut

Re: [devils_advocate] What day is today? Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

crap... hit post on accident. guess I blew that.

carabiner96

Apr 4, 2007, 3:58 PM
Post #59 of 91 (845 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
brent_e wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
ihategrigris wrote:

*revs up chainsaw*

Pft...stalker.

5 hours??? holy shit! I thought burlington was on the NY state border?
I'm probably 6 hours from burlington.

but...5 hours from the gunks....may
be i should check a map again.
\

It is on the border...of the middle of the lake...so I have to drive around the lake first to get to NY...and, I'm not quite sure where the Gunks are, but I'm 2.5 hours from the high peaks regions.

granite_grrl

Apr 4, 2007, 3:58 PM
Post #60 of 91 (845 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:

It was 5-5.5 hours from my place in Tonawanda, NY. I'd give it a solid 6 from St. Catharines. Work it out from there.

carabiner96

Apr 4, 2007, 4:00 PM
Post #61 of 91 (851 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] What day is today? Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mapquest says 4:15 from burlington to New Paltz. Rumney and the High peaks and Cathedral/Washington is closer.

Partner wideguy

Apr 4, 2007, 4:03 PM
Post #62 of 91 (846 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Burlington>> New Paltz, ~ 4.5 hours 4 if you fracture a sped limit or two
http://maps.google.com/...TF8&z=7&om=1

carabiner96

Apr 4, 2007, 4:06 PM
Post #63 of 91 (840 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Brent, depending on were in canadiadom you are...i might be on your way....RAGER!!!!!

Partner brent_e

Apr 4, 2007, 4:17 PM
Post #64 of 91 (831 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
brent_e wrote:

It was 5-5.5 hours from my place in Tonawanda, NY. I'd give it a solid 6 from St. Catharines. Work it out from there.

you were driving a reasonable pace, too, i guess.

carabiner69 wrote:
It is on the border...of the middle of the lake...so I have to drive around the lake first to get to NY...and, I'm not quite sure where the Gunks are, but I'm 2.5 hours from the high peaks regions.

i see. google maps says 4:23. so you can probably make it a lot faster than that. it's a big state, really.

jgloporto

Apr 4, 2007, 4:20 PM
Post #65 of 91 (828 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
Wow, my first ever post in a coffee thread, after all the useless crap I've put up elsewhere... why not bring the coffe threads down a notch or two. Guess I better make it a good one. Hmmm, let's see. Oh I've got one.

Ok, check it out: so I

Holy shit... D_A on the coffee thread... what is the world coming to!

You gonna tell us all about your day now?

I'll go first.

I spent the whole moring finalizing my flight schedules for the next couple of weeks:

Omaha, Nebraska
Knoxville, Tennessee
BURLINGTON, VERMONT (look out 'Biner)
Hamilton, Bermuda

With the exception of Bermuda, I must conclude that I have offended a senior person at my company and I need to find that person and apologize.

I'll have an extra large coffee and an 8-ball of Keith Richards.

Edited to say: I am 45 minutes from the Gunks. Nee-ner-nee-ner-nee-ner.

(This post was edited by jgloporto on Apr 4, 2007, 4:26 PM)

granite_grrl

Apr 4, 2007, 4:21 PM
Post #66 of 91 (826 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
brent_e wrote:

you were driving a reasonable pace, too, i guess.

The 5.5 hours is when Nathan was driving, I'd do my best to do it in 5 Laugh. I'd probobly do it a little slower now though.

uhoh

Apr 4, 2007, 4:23 PM
Post #67 of 91 (823 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Accidentally, not "on accident." When you do something you did not intend to do, you have committed an accident.

Partner brent_e

Apr 4, 2007, 4:25 PM
Post #68 of 91 (820 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Brent, depending on were in canadiadom you are...i might be on your way....RAGER!!!!!

niagara falls is close, recognizable, and where i cross the border.

...if i'm on your way and get down there this year....wanna go???

i looked at the map! lol....you're...well....way the hell out of the way!!!!! LOL

if i was from montreal, though....

(This post was edited by brent_e on Apr 4, 2007, 4:26 PM)

Partner wideguy

Apr 4, 2007, 4:37 PM
Post #69 of 91 (803 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:
[

i looked at the map! lol....you're...well....way the hell out of the way!!!!! LOL

if i was from montreal, though....

Eh, what's an extra 5 hours of driving between friends? East to Albany, turn north for 2.5 hours to get Mo, then backtrack south to the gunks. No problem.

Partner taino

Apr 4, 2007, 4:39 PM
Post #70 of 91 (798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wideguy wrote:
Eh, what's an extra 5 hours of driving between friends?

A lot of casual sex?

T

devils_advocate

Apr 4, 2007, 4:41 PM
Post #71 of 91 (797 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jgloporto] What day is today? Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jgloporto wrote:

So is that how it goes down in here, everyone just kind of talks about themselves? Seems kind of self-serving doesn’t it? Oh wait, I love self-serving. Ok, I’ll play.

A little background: So the new special lady friend really isn’t a morning person. D_A is very much a morning person when it comes to certain tasks. Let’s just say, if I was a boy scout... err, if I hadn’t been kicked out of boyscouts at 4 and told to “never come back you evil Satan child”, I would have whatever the top badge is for tent pitching. Now don’t get me wrong, night sex (after a drink or two) puts me right to sleep... which is nice. But I wake up in the morning in a state not proper to go to work in. And the lady is having nothing to do with helping me and my “situation”.

Yet again, this morning, same problem. Luckily she goes to work before I, so I wait for her to leave so that I can rub one out before I go off to workkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk (Sorry, key got stuck, guess I should have washed up afterwards). Which is actually kind of nice, less work for me overall. And now I’m here, relaxed, with some coffee in my hand (the left).

climbingbetty22

Apr 4, 2007, 4:42 PM
Post #72 of 91 (792 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shrug7] What day is today? Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shrug7 wrote:
climbingbetty22 wrote:
Mornin' y'all

Nike girl- totally understand where you're at...this past summer I was running 128-130 in the weight department. Since Jason and I moved in together and I cook more now, that number has been slowly drifiting up. The about two months ago I got the bright idea that I would run my first marathon. While I outwardly proclaimed that weight loss was not the goal, in all honesty it was. I mean look at most marathoners- they're absolute wafes!!!! I'd love to get down to 125 and I though surely 5-7 pounds wouldn't be too much to ask. Mais non, I've packed on so much leg muscle from running so much, I'm UP- to 135 lbs! Grrrrr!!!! I ran 17 miles yesterday. According to my Polar, I burned roughly 2200 calories, so in theory I should be able to eat twice my daily caloric intake and not gain a thing, but that sure ain't reality!!! To say it's getting a little frustrating in an understatement....

How did you build up to running 17 miles?

Same way you build up to anything. With the exception of about two weeks when I was ill, I have been running 4-6 days a week since January. I started out barely being able to run 6. But you do a couple short runs during the week to build up muscle and endurance and then you have the hallowed LSD run (long slow distance). Aim for 1.5-to 2 minutes/mm less than race pace and just run. Start out with something a bit challenging, but that won't kill you, I strated with long runs that were 7, then 8, then 10 miles. Two weeks later it was 13 miles, then 15, then a but of time off, back to 15 and now most recently to 17mile. If I hadn't taken the time off, I'd be up to running 22 miles this weekend. But then again my marathon training schedule called for running 26 miles 3 weeks before the race which to everyone I talked to, was completely unnecessary and potentially harmful before you're first marathon unless you're regularly doing 30-40 miles weeks anyway. So I decided to max my long run out at 22-23 miles and depending on determination and adrenaline to get me through the last 3-4 miles. Many beginner marathon training porgrams don't even have you do a long run over 20 miles.

CHeck out some of the training programs on coolrunning.com for how to build to something like 17 miles- or beyond!

jgloporto

Apr 4, 2007, 4:48 PM
Post #73 of 91 (786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
jgloporto wrote:

So is that how it goes down in here, everyone just kind of talks about themselves? Seems kind of self-serving doesn’t it? Oh wait, I love self-serving. Ok, I’ll play.

A little background: So the new special lady friend really isn’t a morning person. D_A is very much a morning person when it comes to certain tasks. Let’s just say, if I was a boy scout... err, if I hadn’t been kicked out of boyscouts at 4 and told to “never come back you evil Satan child”, I would have whatever the top badge is for tent pitching. Now don’t get me wrong, night sex (after a drink or two) puts me right to sleep... which is nice. But I wake up in the morning in a state not proper to go to work in. And the lady is having nothing to do with helping me and my “situation”.

Yet again, this morning, same problem. Luckily she goes to work before I, so I wait for her to leave so that I can rub one out before I go off to workkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk (Sorry, key got stuck, guess I should have washed up afterwards). Which is actually kind of nice, less work for me overall. And now I’m here, relaxed, with some coffee in my hand (the left).

Sooooo, can we talk about the c-word now on the coffee thread? cause the neighborhood just made a right on Broadway and is sprinting up the street.

pjdf

Apr 4, 2007, 4:49 PM
Post #74 of 91 (785 views)
Shortcut

Re: [taino] What day is today? Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning all. I think I'm deciding to stay in the bay area for a few days and take a short break from climbing. My body is pretty sore, so having a few days to stretch and relax in is pretty nice. Also will get to see a few friends, which will be fun. Coffee would be good, though; I've been feeling really tired the last couple of days.

Rob, good job on the weight loss; good luck to the rest of you. And, ladies, this is one man who certainly doesn't mind it if you're muscular, so don't stress about that extra muscle mass.

krillen, good luck with those breaks this weekend. I may try to do an oil change by myself for the first time. I've never done this before, so it has me a bit concerned. I can write finite element models of mantle convection in the Earth, but if I screw that up no one gets hurt and my car still works.

maww and biner together in the shower? You know you guys aren't allowed to talk that way; none of the guys here will be able to get anything done.

Oh, and nikegirl, with your coffee amounts I recommend flapping your arms; you may just be the first human to achieve unassisted flight.

shrug7

Apr 4, 2007, 4:49 PM
Post #75 of 91 (785 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingbetty22] What day is today? Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingbetty22 wrote:
shrug7 wrote:
climbingbetty22 wrote:
Mornin' y'all

Nike girl- totally understand where you're at...this past summer I was running 128-130 in the weight department. Since Jason and I moved in together and I cook more now, that number has been slowly drifiting up. The about two months ago I got the bright idea that I would run my first marathon. While I outwardly proclaimed that weight loss was not the goal, in all honesty it was. I mean look at most marathoners- they're absolute wafes!!!! I'd love to get down to 125 and I though surely 5-7 pounds wouldn't be too much to ask. Mais non, I've packed on so much leg muscle from running so much, I'm UP- to 135 lbs! Grrrrr!!!! I ran 17 miles yesterday. According to my Polar, I burned roughly 2200 calories, so in theory I should be able to eat twice my daily caloric intake and not gain a thing, but that sure ain't reality!!! To say it's getting a little frustrating in an understatement....

How did you build up to running 17 miles?

Same way you build up to anything. With the exception of about two weeks when I was ill, I have been running 4-6 days a week since January. I started out barely being able to run 6. But you do a couple short runs during the week to build up muscle and endurance and then you have the hallowed LSD run (long slow distance). Aim for 1.5-to 2 minutes/mm less than race pace and just run. Start out with something a bit challenging, but that won't kill you, I strated with long runs that were 7, then 8, then 10 miles. Two weeks later it was 13 miles, then 15, then a but of time off, back to 15 and now most recently to 17mile. If I hadn't taken the time off, I'd be up to running 22 miles this weekend. But then again my marathon training schedule called for running 26 miles 3 weeks before the race which to everyone I talked to, was completely unnecessary and potentially harmful before you're first marathon unless you're regularly doing 30-40 miles weeks anyway. So I decided to max my long run out at 22-23 miles and depending on determination and adrenaline to get me through the last 3-4 miles. Many beginner marathon training porgrams don't even have you do a long run over 20 miles.

CHeck out some of the training programs on coolrunning.com for how to build to something like 17 miles- or beyond!

Thanks! I'll check it out. (granted this thread is nowmoving away from coffee and to training...) Smile

I have been working my way up and am now running about 3 mile runs at an 8 - 9 minute mile pace. I'll slow it down to about 10 and see if I can run farther.

Third cup of coffee please...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook