RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Euro Freaks

Premier Sponsor:

bbjammin23

May 12, 2007, 6:28 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1040 views)
Shortcut

Germans! Wental!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So my heart broke today when I walked through Wental and saw the boulders there. Germans, what's up with this place? Why unclimbed? Regulated? In exploring some of the boulders, I saw a small bit of chalk and one old piton. Love to know the story here, because this valley can compete with any epic boulder location. Check out www.wental.de click [Landschaft] for a few pics, I could not get mine to load, sorry.

(This post was edited by bbjammin23 on May 12, 2007, 8:01 PM)

soulslight

Jun 2, 2007, 1:01 PM
Post #2 of 2 (947 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bbjammin23] Germans! Wental! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hi bbjammin,
it is a pitty, but in baden-württemberg climbing on rock is stricktly regulated. means, it is prohibited to climb rocks if they are not listed on the climbing rock list for BW.Frown
you can find that list on the webpage of the dav (german mountaineers club) www.alpenverein.de. use the link felsinfo, select the region and look for the link kletterregelungen. Sorry, i do not know how to fill in a link. Anyway, to make it short. Do not climb these rocks, how tempting it may be. the climbers in BW had a hard time to get some of the rocks for climbing. the nabu and other pro-enviromental lobbies are very strong there and it can easily happen that the goverment will prohibit climbing again, if the rules are not obayed.
Again, sorry, for my bad english.
greets
robert

Forums : International : Euro Freaks

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook