RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

climbingthecorn

Sep 27, 2002, 9:28 PM
Post #1 of 2 (818 views)
Shortcut

Newbie to Comps - Warmup Routines?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

OK, I think I injured my mojo. More specifically my hip-flexor (correct?) or that muscle that lets you pull your knee up to your chest.
To start at the beginning, me and a few buddies tried out our first climbing competition (indoors) for fun....I didn't warm up at all and mainly stretched my hands/arms only. Needless to say I have learned a valuable lesson on the need to warm up. As I went for a long reach / ackward squat on the second route I tweaked myself and had to climb the rest of the 15 routes (well, not really climb , with the injured mojo.
My question: What do those of you out there who enter competitions do for warm-up?

Thanks,

Wayne

"It's all about grace.."

jansuw

Sep 28, 2002, 3:22 PM
Post #2 of 2 (818 views)
Shortcut

Newbie to Comps - Warmup Routines? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I wake up a couple of hours before i have to leave for the comp. Shower, stretch (very well!) and eat healthily and constantly drink fluids... Once you get there, stretch quickly, do some traversing, but not enough to get you pumped, stretch well, maybe do some deadhangs (if you still don't feel warmed up) but not pullups... Do a couple once you feel warmed up... and then stretch some more... and drink the whole time... pretty good eh?

It's probably more important to stretch your legs than your arms... Cause your legs are the ones in weird positions, not your arms...

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook