RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

Partner j_ung

Aug 17, 2007, 3:29 PM
Post #1 of 12 (2025 views)
Shortcut

Are non-climbing photos a problem?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm seeing a lot of non-climbing photos lately. One user, MAPLETREE, submitted a whole slew of them. Drinking beers, kissing his GF, hanging out at a "work function," and this is by far not the only group I've come across. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining... unless too many shots like that affect the rest of the site somehow. Do we have a big enough space surplus to allow unlimited posting of those types of pics? If so, nevermind.

Smile

stymingersfink

Aug 17, 2007, 5:09 PM
Post #2 of 12 (2017 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Are non-climbing photos a problem? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

isn't it up to the photo-editors to approve photos?

perhaps next time a polite declination to host a whole slew of non-climbing photos submitted from a single user (though obviously this limits the availability of fodder for the "Worst Photos of RC.com" thread), while offering them a link to a photo-hosting site like photobucket, would suffice?

Partner j_ung

Aug 17, 2007, 6:39 PM
Post #3 of 12 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] Are non-climbing photos a problem? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That sounds reasonable to me. Photo eds and other site officials... is it even a concern?

stymingersfink

Aug 17, 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #4 of 12 (1999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I find it humorous that of the pics he's submitted, the ones sporting the most views are the ones his GF is in.

Everyone's checking out his girlfriend. Of course, the hottest chicks always go for the most mind-fucked guys, so it tells a lot about a man, eh?

For the record, no... I didn't bother even clicking on one to find out.

Also for the record, yes... My ex-wife is smokin' hot. Pirate

skinner

Aug 18, 2007, 1:10 AM
Post #5 of 12 (1996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey.. I never thought of that, brilliant idea actually. Don't have server space of your own to house your family photo album? Just use rc.com's!

Hrmm.. maybe I could start subleasing space..
Wink

sinrtb

Aug 19, 2007, 6:31 AM
Post #6 of 12 (1971 views)
Shortcut

Re: [skinner] Are non-climbing photos a problem? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Did he get confused and think this was flickr?

free hosting for images is fairly easy to find so I am unsure of the reasoning to put it here is.

(This post was edited by sinrtb on Aug 19, 2007, 6:33 AM)

ddt

Aug 20, 2007, 4:36 PM
Post #7 of 12 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
That sounds reasonable to me. Photo eds and other site officials... is it even a concern?

Yes, it is a concern. Indeed, this is a site about climbing. We've allowed users non-climbing photos within reasonable limits. Bear in mind it's somethimes hard to draw the line between what is climbing-related and what not (e.g. drinking beer at the base of the crag may be OK, however at the pub with your buddies after a day's climbing... not sure).

DDT

Partner cracklover

Sep 15, 2007, 3:29 PM
Post #8 of 12 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ddt] Are non-climbing photos a problem? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

IMO, you've been more than generous. I don't think it's unreasonable to slap a couple wrists. Before you do so, though, I'd recommend writing up some simple guidelines. They don't have to be particularly explicit, just something along the lines of: "this is a rockclimbing site, please keep your photos related to climbing. -- Thanks, the management."

GO

caughtinside

Sep 28, 2007, 9:22 PM
Post #9 of 12 (1858 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Are non-climbing photos a problem? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
IMO, you've been more than generous. I don't think it's unreasonable to slap a couple wrists. Before you do so, though, I'd recommend writing up some simple guidelines. They don't have to be particularly explicit, just something along the lines of: "this is a rockclimbing site, please keep your photos related to climbing. -- Thanks, the management."

GO

Just so long as no one posts any photos of climbing gear with some helpful illustrative text concerning the gear, I think we will be ok.

Please immediately tarpit anyone who does so.

snoopy138

Sep 29, 2007, 6:34 AM
Post #10 of 12 (1850 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] Are non-climbing photos a problem? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

Just so long as no one posts any photos of climbing gear with some helpful illustrative text concerning the gear, I think we will be ok.

mEATBANZ them.

caughtinside

Oct 1, 2007, 3:02 AM
Post #11 of 12 (1823 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] Are non-climbing photos a problem? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

mEATBANZ them.

Snoop, what's your verdict on a photo of high quality granite with the addled musings of a rockclimber superimposed on it? Where does this fit in the rubric?

Is it a BANZ? Is it a PIT? Is it ART?

snoopy138

Oct 1, 2007, 4:13 AM
Post #12 of 12 (1819 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] Are non-climbing photos a problem? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

mEATBANZ them.

Snoop, what's your verdict on a photo of high quality granite with the addled musings of a rockclimber superimposed on it? Where does this fit in the rubric?

Is it a BANZ? Is it a PIT? Is it ART?

No, it's not Art, Art is a short japanese person.

If you post it, hopefully you'd be mEATBANZed. And hopefully Zeke will be mEATBANZed along with you.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook