RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

brewer19

Aug 30, 2007, 4:26 PM
Post #1 of 6 (810 views)
Shortcut

Fish Bags
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've managed to destroy 3 pieces of luggage in the past year, so i'm looking to geta new bag that can take a beating. I'm thinking about the Fish Behemoth Bag or a Haul bag to travel with. if you've used any Fish products, or have another bombproof bag suggestion feel free to chime in.

i'd basically like to know how strong the fabric is and how well it's put together. also how comfortable the shoulder straps are.

Cheers
Kyle

fraggle76

Aug 30, 2007, 4:30 PM
Post #2 of 6 (800 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brewer19] Fish Bags [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There's a bunch of comments on Fish here: http://www.rockclimbing.com/...;;page=unread#unread

dingus

Aug 30, 2007, 4:54 PM
Post #3 of 6 (774 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fraggle76] Fish Bags [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Log onto supertopo.com and ask the man himself.

I have an old school Fish haulbag I bought from the man hisself. Other than the shoulder straps occasionally dethreading themselves I got no beef.

The bag was less than HALF the cost of the competition. Several walls and wilderness caches later it still serves me well.

I wouldn't use it as a suitcase though. Getting it in the overhead would be a bit of a challenge.

DMT

c4c

Aug 30, 2007, 4:59 PM
Post #4 of 6 (767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've got a couple of his custom shoulder straps for my luggage. One from a dead cow the other a zebra. They have been the best shoulder straps ever so far.

fenderfour

Aug 31, 2007, 3:08 PM
Post #5 of 6 (658 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been using a Fish Deluxe haulbag to travel with and I frequently loan it to friends for travel. I wouldnt' go back to regular luggage.

I can fit EVERYTHING in one bag and it has shoulder straps to lug it through the airport and around town. It's too big for anyone to steal.

moof

Aug 31, 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #6 of 6 (622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have assorted fish gear, including haul bags, stuff bags, gear harnesses, etc. He makes bomber stuff, and i can say no wrong about him. Expect it to look handmade and be burly. It will not have that polished look, but you'll take pride in knowing your bucks helped destroy his liver.

Be sure to specify colors if you care, as he will otherwise grab whatever is under his hand. Pink and Olive drab with an accent of mustard yellow is a real possibility. Also order well in advance, as he often has a large backlog.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook