Premier Sponsor:

rocknice2

Sep 15, 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1245 views)
Shortcut

Prada.....Posers?
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah yeah, I've read all the crap going around about how Prada is overpriced and you are just paying for the logo. So I was wondering, I started climbing about a month ago and for now I'm just climbing by myself on indoor boulders. I wanted something to improve my footwork... so I strolled down to the local sport chalet, I knew they had a small climbing section. I was looking around at shoes [thier bags are hot too], $300, $550, $1000etc... then I see this Prada slipper and I remember reading about it on here so I pull it down to look at it. it was priced at $417.00 but I noticed that the interior stitching was all coming out and the sole badly worn. I thought to myself and went to ask the manager for a discount. he said he'd give it to me for $200. I told him I could go find a new one on the internet for $250. I'd rather have a new one for $50 more anyways (I really didnt know how much it was on the internet cuz I never checked...but shhhhh... no one knows). I said I'd take it for $100 and he said sure. WOW!! I was so surprised. anywho, so I bought it for $100 and resole them with Stealth Rubber. Pretty good deal for $100.00

Well, my question is... Will people at my gym really think I'm a poser? I mean, it's just a pair of shoes... and it was cheaper than any other shoes [or Prada bags] I found. should I climb with it? Should I sell it to someone who wants that label?

marvinz

Sep 16, 2007, 3:32 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1187 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rocknice2] Prada.....Posers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

who cares? if your climbing with people who might give you crap for a pair of shoes you need new partners

bent_gate

Sep 16, 2007, 3:46 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1170 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You got the right stuff...

The devil wears Prana

jh_angel

Sep 16, 2007, 3:51 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Who cares if you look like a poser, those are HOT!

marvinz

Sep 16, 2007, 4:05 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1152 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jh_angel] Prada.....Posers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Subtle post modernesque attempt to maintain mirror "Prana .... Posers?" thread blown by the third post.

Oh well ... can't help but try.

jh_angel

Sep 16, 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1109 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marvinz] Prada.....Posers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I new what was going on. Those things are butt ugly.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook