Partner epoch

Sep 20, 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #1 of 27 (715 views)
Shortcut

Durrrsday Coffee
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hahaha!

After a day off of work I can say that this week isn't as sucky as the suckieness that sucked the funk from my week was.

Today is: National Punch Day. Whatever that means????

In other news, those silly Germans are still at it!
Reuters wrote:
BERLIN (Reuters) - Staff at a German butcher's shop were shocked to discover a customer had hidden two sex toys in their sausages for transport to Dubai, police said Wednesday.

"It was two latex dildos with a natural look," said a spokesman for police in the southwestern city of Mannheim.

After shopping there earlier in the day, the man, who spoke broken English, returned to the butcher's with two large "Schwartenmagen" sausages. He asked a shop assistant to wrap and cool them until he departed for Dubai the next day.

But the assistant noticed the goods had got heavier and alerted police. Officers discovered the man, who was about 50, had removed some of the meat and packed the dildos inside.

"He could have used a loaf of bread," the spokesman said. "It's not against the law here. But obviously I can't speculate on what customs in Dubai will have to say about it."
Linky

I'm already on my second or third cup. Hehehe.

Cheers!!!

shrug7

Sep 20, 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #2 of 27 (702 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Durrrsday Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"Natural look" how much longer would have the article been if they where "unnatural looking"

I'm on my second cup with a side crashed hard drive. Crazy

Third please...

Partner wideguy

Sep 20, 2007, 1:25 PM
Post #3 of 27 (698 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shrug7] Durrrsday Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning all. Coffee please.

brewer19

Sep 20, 2007, 1:31 PM
Post #4 of 27 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

could use a third cup. safety girl is coming today so i have to keep sharp so she doesn't catch me being dangerous.

boo

Sep 20, 2007, 1:35 PM
Post #5 of 27 (686 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brewer19] Durrrsday Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

coffee, pleeeez...Unimpressed

robbovius

Sep 20, 2007, 1:38 PM
Post #6 of 27 (684 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brewer19] Durrrsday Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tuesday night I notice that my left elbow hurts a little leaning on it, watchint TV. wed morning I wake up and its swollen, red, and hot to the touch. I go to my DR wed morning.

she prescribes the antibiotic keflex, and marks the reddende area with a pen so I can see more easily if the redness spreads. i take two keflex to start after i get home from work and guitar lessons.

this morning i getup, it stings, the redness has spread and it still feels hot, and now there is a noticable hardedned lump inside the swollen area on the tip of my elbow. WTF, man?

I have a fiollow up tomorro at 9:30 am. hopefully the keflex will start working soon. hopefully it's not some fucking antibiotic-resistant staff infection.

krillen

Sep 20, 2007, 1:44 PM
Post #7 of 27 (681 views)
Shortcut

Re: [boo] Durrrsday Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning all,

Had a flat tire on the way to work this morning. Got it changed no problem, then realized that the spare was nearly flat so i had to drive around looking for an air pump too. I hit something unseen on the highway and it didn't go flat until about 10 minutes later. I heard something clunk but was really surprised because I keep a pretty close on the the rroad surface when I'm driving. It must have taken a chunk out of the sideway, because the tire was shredded. I have an extra set of wheels/tires in the basement at home, I'll swap 'em tonight....instead of doing something fun. Crazy

On other topics, doesn anyone know of anyway I can run a diagnostic on my motherboard, HD, and CD drives? Something is periodically failing and I can't figure out what. I'd hate to go buys new board and CPU only to find out it was just a buggy version of XP? etc. Arrett...you're a helpdesk aren't you? Tongue

XXL me please...

(This post was edited by krillen on Sep 20, 2007, 1:51 PM)

arrettinator

Sep 20, 2007, 1:52 PM
Post #8 of 27 (678 views)
Shortcut

Re: [robbovius] Durrrsday Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning yinz.
Another day.

dan2see

Sep 20, 2007, 2:21 PM
Post #9 of 27 (661 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

robbovius wrote:
tuesday night I notice that my left elbow hurts a little leaning on it, watchint TV. wed morning I wake up and its swollen, red, and hot to the touch. I go to my DR wed morning.
she prescribes the antibiotic keflex,...

Your doctor has diagnosed "Staphylococcus", a bacteria infection.

It usually invades the skin through minor injuries, like a scratch or cut. Bacteria can spread and enlarge the zone they occupy, but they should not invade the rest of your body.

Minor skin injuries are common among climbers because of the physical abuse we endure, for fun. Usually there is no consequence. But if you keep on climbing, eventually some bug is gonna getcha!

The bug that's bugging me today is cheap coffee. I keep buying cheap coffe, and this Nabob finally getting to me! So as soon as I post this "skin advice" I'm hiking out to get some good Arabica. Mmmm.

Partner macherry

Sep 20, 2007, 2:29 PM
Post #10 of 27 (655 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] Durrrsday Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wideguy wrote:

what he said

binrat

Sep 20, 2007, 2:29 PM
Post #11 of 27 (655 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dan2see] Durrrsday Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning all;
Coffee me please.

Rob that sucks , look after it.

Binrat

(This post was edited by binrat on Sep 20, 2007, 3:34 PM)

jakedatc

Sep 20, 2007, 2:38 PM
Post #12 of 27 (652 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dan2see wrote:
robbovius wrote:
she prescribes the antibiotic keflex,...

Your doctor has diagnosed "Staphylococcus", a bacteria infection.

It usually invades the skin through minor injuries, like a scratch or cut. Bacteria can spread and enlarge the zone they occupy, but they should not invade the rest of your body.

Minor skin injuries are common among climbers because of the physical abuse we endure, for fun. Usually there is no consequence. But if you keep on climbing, eventually some bug is gonna getcha!

The bug that's bugging me today is cheap coffee. I keep buying cheap coffe, and this Nabob finally getting to me! So as soon as I post this "skin advice" I'm hiking out to get some good Arabica. Mmmm.

dan.. he just had his palm chopped open to fix his carpal tunnel... so..

get that shit taken care of rob..

rc86

Sep 20, 2007, 2:48 PM
Post #13 of 27 (646 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

morning, havent had my first cup yet Unsure but will be on it soon

dan2see

Sep 20, 2007, 2:51 PM
Post #14 of 27 (645 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Durrrsday Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh! Shocked I'm sorry I threw in my 2 cents without checking the background first. Blush
That's what I get for being a smart-ass (which I am).

If Robb just had surgery (no matter how minor) then a skin infection is doubly serious. Robb take Jake's advice!

Although searching back in the forums, I don't see Robb and carpal ? ?? ???

So, the need for better coffee is notched up to a higher priority, but now I'm also suffering from poor planning -- the stores don't open for another hour Mad.

(This post was edited by dan2see on Sep 20, 2007, 2:54 PM)

dan2see

Sep 20, 2007, 3:03 PM
Post #15 of 27 (639 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I may be embarrassed and I may be bored, waiting for the stores to open, and this coffee is *&%$^&<

But I'm not suffering. I have Steely Dan's "Pretzel Logic" as background, and "Spider" on my computer.

Once again, you know I'm not at work, and not in the hills. Unsure

robbovius

Sep 20, 2007, 3:19 PM
Post #16 of 27 (627 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dan, I had carpal tunnel release surgery on my right hnad, 9/4, I'm off climbing for at least another 2-3 weeks, on Dr's orders. the infection/abcess/whatever that's affecting my left elbow is unrelated to the right hand as far as I can tell.

I wish I'd gotten the infection climbing, during the interview portion of the Drs appt, for every question regarding cuts and scrapes and etc, that might have allowed bacteria in, all I could say was "I dunno." I have an abrasion above the elbow on the left tricep, towards the elbow, but it's been healed (scab fell off 2 days ago at LEAST) for several days...

I dunno. WTF? sometimes I get a zit or two on that elbow, from leaning my left elbow on the armsrest of my chair at work, I think. there's one there now, but its not open. I dunno. the mystery infection.

since this morningthe red area, though still bigger than it was yesteday, has faded in color, it's not quite so red as when I got up this AM, and it doesn't feel quite so hot as earlier today. almost time for my 2nd of 4 daily Keflex doses I'm prescibed to take.

reno

Sep 20, 2007, 3:23 PM
Post #17 of 27 (622 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Durrrsday Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
wideguy wrote:

what he said

What she said.

maww

Sep 20, 2007, 3:28 PM
Post #18 of 27 (616 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] Durrrsday Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
macherry wrote:
wideguy wrote:

what he said

What she said.

What they both said - double.

Rob take care of that!!!! Get 'er fixed up straight away.

Morning to the rest of y'all. Today's the day I get made into a FT employee at The Sports Authority. Joy oh joy.

Today is the day I discovered that one of the new girls gets my fun projects: writing radio spots.

The only reason I agreed to work for them was so I could work on fun stuff like radio. So much for what I want but that's to be expected in the corporate machine I guess.

It's ok though - more impetus to make money on my own and go back to running my biz full-time.

'k, done with the venting. At least now I get to buy a car!!! YIPEE!!!

dan2see

Sep 20, 2007, 3:48 PM
Post #19 of 27 (608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow Robb, thanks for the background.

Now I can throw in my 2 cents a second time (and you know I'm not in the hills!).

A friend of ours picked up a Super Bug during surgery. So now, every infection she gets is a big really deal.

For myself, cuts and abrasions are a part of active living. I learned to keep injuries clean by frequent washing, with lots of soap and water. I am repeatedly surprised at how rapidly my skin heals, and today I have no scars Smile (except the fresh ones).

The only scrape I've ever had in my life, that lasted beyond 2 weeks, was ring-worm. It got me under the belt, where my climbing harness chafed a little. Not much, but the fungus took hold, and it's been really difficult to get rid of. I'm sure I picked it at the crags, so it's also the only climbing injury that's still with me. Crazy

See? if everybody were just couch-potatoes, nobody would get these problems. Crazy

Man! I better go get that Arabica!

Partner macherry

Sep 20, 2007, 3:59 PM
Post #20 of 27 (601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dan2see wrote:
See? if everybody were just couch-potatoes, nobody would get these problems. Crazy

how about hemerrhoids?

heh heh

Partner epoch

Sep 20, 2007, 3:59 PM
Post #21 of 27 (603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

UPDATE:

So, I go to the lab this morning and when I come back, I all of a sudden have a new CPU attached to my monitor.

Get this, I've been complaining about my crappy CRT monitor for the past 6 months. I loved my haggard CPU, and as a predictable statement they replace my CPU. I did get a sexy new keyboard out of the deal, though. Maybe that was thier inspiration... replace my keyboard. Oh, and don't new computers come with monitors?

bigfatrock

Sep 20, 2007, 4:08 PM
Post #22 of 27 (593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

MORE MORE MORE!!!! Coffee please!

I was up past 1:30 a.m. again for the third straight day. I feel like a college student again. My job interview is in just a couple of hours, still don't feel ready for it though.

granite_grrl

Sep 20, 2007, 4:30 PM
Post #23 of 27 (585 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
dan2see wrote:

how about hemerrhoids?

heh heh

Actually, a few years ago Nathan I went down to the Gunks for his birthday. He got on Fat City Direct, which was/is(?) pretty hard for me. He had to sit on a cold belay ledge for quite a while while I worked out the moves to reach it.

That folks, was the year he got hemmerrhoids for his birthday. Laugh

Partner macherry

Sep 20, 2007, 4:58 PM
Post #24 of 27 (580 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Durrrsday Coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
macherry wrote:
dan2see wrote:

how about hemerrhoids?

heh heh

Actually, a few years ago Nathan I went down to the Gunks for his birthday. He got on Fat City Direct, which was/is(?) pretty hard for me. He had to sit on a cold belay ledge for quite a while while I worked out the moves to reach it.

That folks, was the year he got hemmerrhoids for his birthday. Laugh

so i guess he was surprised on that birthday!!

limeydave

Sep 20, 2007, 6:57 PM
Post #25 of 27 (568 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Switched to decaf a few weeks back.
Was getting jittery - something about not eating enough at breakfast according to the coffee shop chap. You learn something new....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook