RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

dinosora

Oct 10, 2002, 1:40 PM
Post #1 of 9 (4340 views)
Shortcut

climbin in korea
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hi... i just got to korea a week ago and I NEED TO CLIMB!!! i haven't been climbing long, but i'm addicted so anyone willing to hit a gym or some rock would be much appreciated. i'll be here for a year and i definitely won't make it if i don't get some climbing in. i called/visited a few gyms here my second day but was turned down with the lack of a partner. so an email would be much obliged.

bvoborsky

Nov 7, 2002, 4:03 AM
Post #2 of 9 (4340 views)
Shortcut

climbin in korea [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey I am in Daegu, when it warms up you are welcome to come down for a climb. If you haven't found any gyms pm me I know a couple, if your worried about a partner join a bouldering gym till you find one.

dflykwon

Dec 5, 2002, 1:16 AM
Post #3 of 9 (4340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm very nice that I found this site. I also haven't been climbing all that long. Prolly since last summer.

I've moved to Seoul from NYC. Used to climb at Extra Vertical during the week and head upstate NY during the weekends. Still a novice tho.

I haven't been able to put my hands on a rock for the past 4months. (AND THEY ITCHIN' LIKE CRAZY) I would appreciate greatly if somebody could direct me to a descent gym. I live in Bangbaedong area but willing to travel a bit if necessary.

Thanks mucho...

"... ON BELAY!!!..."

clymbhigh33

Dec 5, 2002, 1:48 AM
Post #4 of 9 (4340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It has been a long time since I was in Korea (87') so I might butcher the spelling here....
Just north of Dong Du Chon (Camp Casey), there is a place called (So~yu~san?)that has (or at least had) alot of crags up in the hills near the temples. The approach was long as I remember...but the rock was a blast to climb on. Back then the area was totally undeveloped for climbing...but it might be developed now? Also, down near Chegedo Island, you can find some climbing as well. The Army does quite a bit of Rapelling training there. I cant help you in the way of gyms as there was no such thing when I was there. I think there is some beta on the rc.com routes section for Korea as well.
Hope this helps....

Climb On....
Climb High....

dflykwon

Jan 9, 2003, 12:32 AM
Post #5 of 9 (4340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the info!!! and By the way Happy New Year everyone!!!

For now i'm just looking for a nice gym to get back into. Would anyone know have any info on climbing gyms in KangNam area?

I hear that the Marriot Hotel in Banpo has a wall!!! but i think you need to be a member of the gym there to use it.

Please let me know?? Muchas Gracias!!!

busanclimbers

Jan 11, 2003, 7:49 AM
Post #6 of 9 (4340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in Busan. We have many climbing crags , which are about a hundred area around Korea. Every crags have 20~100 routes. It is hard for foreigners to access to the crags. Most crags You can find the crags by internet, but all of information are written with korean. It's hard for foreigners to access to the crags. It's the easiest method to visit indoor gyms, they are also located in most cities. Because Korean are very kind for foreign climbers, you can enjoy the climbing with them. They do not want you to pay for guiding. Happy climbing in korea.

supertopoz

Feb 24, 2003, 2:41 AM
Post #7 of 9 (4340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ya! hello.

Well lads I have been here for three years I live in Kyoung ju. I have a small gym here, but I makes me depressed to train there as it is so small. Personly I spend much of my week putting up new routes. And through the winter Ice climbing at the weekends.

I have been climbing now for 13 years and could show you some of the stuff I have been putting up. Not are big as the routes near seoul. I am preparing for a Yosimete or for Peru this summer, can't deside which.

There is so much vergin rock in this country you wouldn't believe it. The Korean climbers like to spend there weekends going to places in big groups which is okay if you like the company. Personaly I like to climb very much, so I go out with our time sometimes but put it down to me to climb during the week. So lots of solo work.

You can call my cell but first you got to send me a pm.

An yon. 8)

bikenut1973

Oct 18, 2005, 7:09 PM
Post #8 of 9 (4340 views)
Shortcut

Climb in Korea [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would really appreciate info on ice climbing or rock climbing in Korea. I should be working in Gumi but can travel on the weekends. I should be there after December til springtime. I also live in Colorado and would be happy to host some climbers to stay here and climb. Thanks - Ken

ddarko34

Oct 25, 2005, 7:44 AM
Post #9 of 9 (4340 views)
Shortcut

need korea climbing partner or gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm headin to seoul next week and am in dire need of findin a gym/climbing partner. anyone mind hookin up with me? shoot me a pm. thx

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook