RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Euro Freaks

Premier Sponsor:

rolling_boulders

Jan 4, 2008, 1:40 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1526 views)
Shortcut

Climbing in Europe, March to Mid May
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to be on exchange from March to April, I will primarily be in the Geneva area, but will likely travel to Germany in mid April, Spain and Sardinia as well as Roma area in early to mid may. I would love to go to Fontainebleau, and will be an hour from Charmonix. What's work climbing, because I'm not really familiar with spring weather in Europe. Any information would be great, as well as information on climbing guidebooks in English.

fatoomchk

Mar 13, 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1299 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rolling_boulders] Climbing in Europe, March to Mid May [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi Rolling,
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I don't know how I missed this post earlier.

I live in Germany, but I'm frequently travelling to Geneva (my partner lives there). I can't promise to have climbing time in Geneva - partner time is my priority when I am there, however I could possibly give you a lift to Germany.

I live in the Bavarian Forest area, not too far from Frankenjura. So if you are interested in working out a plan send me a PM.

I can tell you that the only climbing shop (that I am aware of) is in Carouge, and is called "Cactus Sports". They have some guide books for the local area. I spoke to a guy there that was friendly and helpful and spoke English.

Cheers

Forums : International : Euro Freaks

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook