Forums: Climbing Information: Trip Reports:
Taylors Falls 10/19
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

pelliott

Oct 21, 2002, 8:20 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1898 views)
Shortcut

Taylors Falls 10/19  (North_America: United_States: Wisconsin: West: Interstate_State_Park)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It wasn't a very big deal, just the three of us climbing some easy rock, but we had fun.

Rockhugger, Todd (Not on RC.com) and I went to the Wisconsin side of Interstate Park across from Taylors Falls on Saturday 10/19. We walked across the bridge from the Minnesota side to save the extra seven bucks to get into the Wisconsin park side. It only costs four in MN.

I did a lead on Lloyd's Lament which was scary at the top when you pull the roof and run it out to the top. Even a 5.6 can be tough on lead. We set up a top rope on Inside Corner, and then we did some trad around the corner downstream.

I looked up this 5.4/5.7 trad climb that we did. We started on Mother and then traversed left at the top to Cathuselem. The last five feet had a cool hand/fist jam on a an exposed bulge. Jeff led to the last part and quit when faced with the exposure of the jam at the end.

Inside Corner was cool too. Todd wasn't ready to lead it yet. It has a big runout at the roof that is scary. The pro would be good there, but the moves are so off balance that it would be hard to place it. I suppose you could get some pieces ready ahead of time and pre-clip them. I think I will try leading it next time. Todd has it wired since he did it about three times on top rope.

Todd also lead Lloyd's Lament. He is so calm and cool on lead. I am always impressed.

I didn't even attempt to put anything up around Batman this time. That route is a killer. Maybe someday I will try it again, but not in the cold fall air though. Numb fingers do not facilitate hanging on to crimpers.

[ This Message was edited by: pelliott on 2002-10-21 13:27 ]

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook