RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

stellalpina

Oct 22, 2002, 1:15 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1779 views)
Shortcut

building a climbing wall
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

the administration at my school has recently give me permission to research building a climbing wall in our gym. does anyone have any suggestions of who to contact for information? should i go to a big company and contract them? if i give a convincing presentation, then we could get a lot of money to do this, but how much would building one really cost? most importantly, is it worth it when we have an ok gym 45 mins away?

[ This Message was edited by: stellalpina on 2002-10-22 11:25 ]

orangekyak

Oct 22, 2002, 1:41 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1779 views)
Shortcut

building a climbing wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think you should contact Lexington Christian Academy in Lexington, Mass. It is a small private school that has an amazing (self-made) indoor climbing gym. The staff and students there are very proud of their facility (overall and climbing) and would most likely be very happy to have you come look at it and talk to some people. I think there is one faculty member in particular who has done most of the work on the wall, but apparently not without tremendous support - they even let him rebuild the climbing gym in a new room while they do construction on their main gym.

I have run indoor and outdoor climbing programs in Greater Boston and can be a resource for you if you'd like. PM or email me.

Jeremy

high_times

Oct 31, 2002, 5:33 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1779 views)
Shortcut

building a climbing wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There's tons of crap on the net.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook