RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

ant_zacchino

Jun 7, 2008, 3:59 PM
Post #1 of 4 (560 views)
Shortcut

Bishop
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So I may be in Cali for 10 days or so and was hoping to spend a few of them in Bishop. I need some info about what it costs to climb/camp, where do you camp, and is there a guide book? Also, since I am flying to Cali, is there a place that would rent out a crash pad for the day?

thanks a lot!
Ant

mturner

Jun 7, 2008, 5:22 PM
Post #2 of 4 (543 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ant_zacchino] Bishop [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yay Bishop, my fav subject.

There are a number of camping areas in Bishop. The most popular climbing campground is "the Pit" which is conveniently located near the Happys and Sads. The camping ranges from free-$30+ with the Pit being around $5 I think. The climbing is free of course, none of that Hueco waiting in line crap...for now anyhow.

The best advice I can give you is to pick up a copy of Bishop Bouldering from Wolverine publishing. It contains all the bouldering info you'll ever need plus loads of info on camping and the local scene. Available here:

http://www.bouldering.com/...ail&p=197&c=

Also, when you get into town check out Wilson's Sporting Goods. They are usually very friendly and have loads of knowledge about local climbing. You can also rent pads from them.

You mentioned you are flying in. Are you renting a car? If not, I'd suggest it. It's pretty hard to get around without a car in Bishop.

ant_zacchino

Jun 7, 2008, 5:40 PM
Post #3 of 4 (531 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mturner] Bishop [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am not renting a car. The visit is really two fold, a. I get to experience west coast bouldering. b. to visit two really close friends. They will be carting my ass all over the place. Wink

thanks for the advice! I really apperciate it.

ant

CaptainPolution

Jun 8, 2008, 2:24 AM
Post #4 of 4 (484 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ant_zacchino] Bishop [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you can camp off buttermilk rd. for free. make sure to get a fire permit from the ranger station or whatever in town. its by a kmart or some shit

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook