RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

climbnnow

Nov 2, 2002, 1:18 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1269 views)
Shortcut

Thanksgiving Week In Minnesota
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

Hey fellow Minnesotans... I'm currently in the Military stationed in Oklahoma. I plan on being home for turkey day and was wondering if anyone was up to some climbing. I've only been climbing for a couple of months now so I've never climbed in my home state yet. Looking for maybe St. Cloud area since I believe it is closest to my home town of Morris.

Is it going to be to cold?? Haven't been home for awhile. I'm up for some cold weather climbing!!

I'll be there around the 24th through the 30th. Let me know if you are interested.
Bryan

fo_d

Nov 2, 2002, 1:48 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1269 views)
Shortcut

Thanksgiving Week In Minnesota [In reply to]
Report this Post

Well usually we see our 1st good snow around Thanksgiving but last year we had a very mild November. This year doesnt look good, we've had the coldest oct. in I dont know how long and so far Nov. isnt looking much better. Today we have a heatwave going and we will be at about 43 deg but its supposed to get cold again next week.

We have a group that climbs at Barns bluff in Red wing whenever we can and your more than welcome to join us if we are climbing that weekend, we post our plans on the Minnesota page:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=18825&forum=27&16

Also, you might want to message old_school, St. Cloud is his stomping grounds.

Have fun.

Les

[ This Message was edited by: fo_d on 2002-11-02 05:51 ]

climbnnow

Nov 2, 2002, 2:28 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1269 views)
Shortcut

Thanksgiving Week In Minnesota [In reply to]
Report this Post

LOL I told you it's been awhile. BRRRRR. Guess I'm too used to the south. I'll have to play it by ear. I'll have access to a computer at my Mom's so I'll keep in touch. Since I'll be home vistiting family I really didn't want to drive all the way to Red Wing but if the oppertunity is there I will take it.
I will definitly try to get in touch with old_school. Thanks for the info. I hope I get the chance to climb in MN.
Bryan

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook