Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Directions??
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

dmonkeysolo

Jul 9, 2007, 3:51 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1004 views)
Shortcut

Directions??  (North_America: United_States: New_Mexico: Northern_New_Mexico: The_Grotto)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Can anyone give an idea of where this is? Pretty please...

mikej

Jul 31, 2008, 1:46 AM
Post #2 of 3 (907 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dmonkeysolo] Directions?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i'd appreciate directions to any of the good areas near glorietta. i'm going to be there for about a week, mostly occupied, but bringing my shoes and pad in case of some free time. the areas listed here didnt seem to have specific directions to the areas, they all seemed pretty general. Can anyone help?

dmonkeysolo

Jul 31, 2008, 3:35 AM
Post #3 of 3 (894 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mikej] Directions?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you go away from Santa Fe on I-25, pass Glorieta and Apache Canyon exits. Get off at Valencia and double back onto the highway back to town. There is a defined pull-out with red dirt off the highway before you head back up the hill. Park there, head right to the trail head and follow the stream bed. You can't miss the line. There are some right on the trail, and a lot up to the left that are used often. This is a great area! If you continue way up the trail and follow it left at some red decomposing granite rock- up the creek bed still- there is a lot of possibility up there to for fun vertical stuff. The rock is small conglomerate decomposing red granite. And it's just beautiful, though not cleaned, but a lot of fun.
I'm not sure if this is what is pictured, but it's easy access and nice.
Cheers.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook